Corpse Mod (updated to 0.9.3)

johndough

THIS MOD WAS MADE FOR AN OLDER VERSION OF PZ AND IS NO LONGER WORKING PROPERLY. DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Extract this to the *root* folder, not the media folder.

Update 0.9.3:
- Added realistic infection chances
- Added gloves item. The icon looks amateurish. I need to improve my pixel art for the final version. Gloves are used simply by having them in your main inventory(not backpack, plastic bag etc.)
- Added chance of infection when cleaning, removing corpses or grabbing from corpse inventory
- Hypochondriacs have a very large chance of catching a "fake" infection when dealing with corpses
- Hypochondriacs refuse to clean without gloves
- Hypochondriacs complain when living in infested rooms, and of course, have a large chance of catching fake infections if they do
- Fixed naked corpses bug. Probably. If this appears again, a restart will always fix it now.
- Tweaked bleach spawn rates

Update 0.9.2:
- Changed chance of infection. I had accidentally set this to a debug value that was much higher than intended. Players who care about their character should download again.
- Added some sound effects
- Added option to open old bleach item types. This will convert them to the new bleach item type.
- Possibly fixed naked corpses from spawning. Please let me know if you experience this.

---

This mod will allow you to clean your safehouse, remove corpses and also adds new ways of getting infected. Two new items are added: drainable bleach and gloves. Use bleach to clean your safehouse of zombie corpses and gloves to protect yourself from infection when dealing with corpses. 

This is work in progress. Please let me know if you encounter any bugs.

Right now removal of blood is not possible, AFAICT. This is because there is no getter method for the IsoFloorBloodSplats in the IsoChunk class. So I will have to add that later, if it becomes possible then.

Some quirks: 
- You need to actually be inside the room you want to clean. It does not matter where you click, only where you stand.
- PZ's "rooms" aren't necessarily rooms. Sometimes rooms are cut in half or they extend further than what you would expect. Sometimes one or two gridsquares in a room aren't actually part of that room. However, as long as you make sure there are no zombie corpses nearby, you should be safe(and your character will tell you that the room is clean if you try to clean it).
- The old bleach items can be used by right clicking and choosing 'Open bleach bottle'.

http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/CorpseMod/

Cleaning up corpses and the possibility of being sick from corpses is something they want to do, yes =P

But that could certainly be a long time in the making and could be implemented completely different from yours. A lot of times, also, the devs decide to add popular mods into the game. Now, they've obviously already said they wanted to do this before, but your mod could give helpful player feedback and give them insight into how they want to do it. Just some thoughts.

yea this is really great, we can't for sure know how long it will take before the devs start on this feature.

It could be a year for all we know...

also are there 2 types of bleach then?

can't you just make it so there is an open bleach bottle? and make a recipe containing the existing bleach to open it up?

I meant the texture name of the sprite... similar to what I've done in my sleeping overhaul. Do they show up in the worldobjects table?

function ISSleepMenu.objectSelector(_worldobjects)    -- Iterate through all clicked objects    for _,object in ipairs(_worldobjects) do        -- get the name of the clicked object's texture        local name = object:getTextureName();

Then if name == the name of the blood sprite you can use it to add a new context menu.

I meant the texture name of the sprite... similar to what I've done in my sleeping overhaul. Do they show up in the worldobjects table?

function ISSleepMenu.objectSelector(_worldobjects)    -- Iterate through all clicked objects    for _,object in ipairs(_worldobjects) do        -- get the name of the clicked object's texture        local name = object:getTextureName();

Then if name == the name of the blood sprite you can use it to add a new context menu.

I will have to check this out, but I suppose this will only give me the same objects as the getter functions on the gridsquare and cell, and I've checked all those out.

I will have to check this out, but I suppose this will only give me the same objects as the getter functions on the gridsquare and cell, and I've checked all those out.

Maybe another approach is to draw the ground sprite ontop of the bloodsplatter?

Unfortunately the worldobject only contains the same objects as the getObjects() method.

Maybe another approach is to draw the ground sprite ontop of the bloodsplatter?

That would imply a shitload of texture drawing calls in OnPreUIDraw or similar events, which I think would kill performance very quickly.

I'd rather you not do that until I have tested this mod properly in all cases. I don't want anyone to download something they think is completed and then get their worlds destroyed. Also, I haven't tuned the infection chances and a lot of stuff is still missing. This was really just a preliminary version I uploaded to get some feedback/help with testing.

I played this mod on version 2.9.9.15 and found those naked corpses that are mentioned in the thread, whether that is because it is on a version that it wasn't updated for or because the glitch is still an issue I am not sure. Found it in an area that I first used as a safehouse but had to abandon; I am pretty sure it is the same amount of corpses that I disposed of but instead of being outside the building they were all found in an evenly spread pattern, half outside and half inside, in a rectangle formation. I am not sure how long it took for the corpses to appear since I left the area altogether for quite some time. I hope this helped but if not, I at least know of the mod and how useful it is now. I have stopped playing many times in the past purely because there were just so many corpses clogging up the frequently-used areas so this left me wanting a mod just like this. I will be watching this one and hope to soon see it get either implemented into the game or at least see a similar idea.

Cleaning up gore (as previously mentioned) and corpse decomposition would also be awesome features to eventually see.  (tophat)

I played this mod on version 2.9.9.15 and found those naked corpses that are mentioned in the thread, whether that is because it is on a version that it wasn't updated for or because the glitch is still an issue I am not sure. Found it in an area that I first used as a safehouse but had to abandon; I am pretty sure it is the same amount of corpses that I disposed of but instead of being outside the building they were all found in an evenly spread pattern, half outside and half inside, in a rectangle formation. I am not sure how long it took for the corpses to appear since I left the area altogether for quite some time. I hope this helped but if not, I at least know of the mod and how useful it is now. I have stopped playing many times in the past purely because there were just so many corpses clogging up the frequently-used areas so this left me wanting a mod just like this. I will be watching this one and hope to soon see it get either implemented into the game or at least see a similar idea.

Cleaning up gore (as previously mentioned) and corpse decomposition would also be awesome features to eventually see.  (tophat)

Thanks for the feedback. I've fixed the naked corpses bug now, and as soon as I've finished the other stuff, I'll upload a new version.