Corpse Mod (updated to 0.9.3)

johndough

The new update looks awesome :)

Tiny suggestion: I think it would be cool if the gloves had to be in one of the item slots to work (equivalent of putting them on) ;)

I considered that, but that would mean you, for instance, couldn't hold a flashlight and gun at the same time while wearing gloves. I didn't want too much interaction and fuzz with it. I might make them wearable if that is possible, or add some kind of icon on the screen to show the current protection (I might add more protection items later, like goggles or disinfectant sprays)

Playing this with the corpse mod (version 0.9.3 on PZ version 2.9.9.16) I found the rectangle of 'hidden' corpses still spawns somewhat often but temporarily vanishes once restarting, however, there was one time that I played and instead of finding the 'hidden' corpses visual, I had little skin coloured circles permanently appear on the second floor of one of my hideouts in the bank (restarting didn't help, so I made a new game). I am using other mods so perhaps that caused it but this one seemed to be a lot like the previously mentioned bug in a new form. I should have taken a screenshot of it just in case and I will do so if I manage to find it again. Didn't seem to change anything gameplay related, it was just more of a visual annoyance.  Another thing I have had a problem with is finding any gloves, I checked the mod files to see where they should spawn but still had a hard time finding any; perhaps they should have a definite chance of spawning in the medical clinic and/or public food-related buildings? Anyway, this mod is fantastic again and even better than the previous versions, keep up the excellent modding! This has to be one of my favourites and consider it to be a must-have mod.  (fedora)

Yeah, this isn't for 2.9.9.16. Lots of stuff not working there. The reason gloves won't spawn is because 2.9.9.16 messed with the loot distribution tables. I have made several new types of gloves now: ski gloves spawn in bedrooms. dishwashing gloves in kitchens and latex gloves in medical clinics. Hopefully it will be possible to actually show them on the character some time in the future(because I have made several other protection items as well, like scarfs and skimasks).

The reason these artifacts appear is because I use invisible objects to store room definitions and various info about cleanliness etc. Those objects have a naked corpse as the default sprite, hence naken corpse bug. What my mod does now is make sure all current invisible objects are deleted once the game starts. However, it only does this on the *floor you are currently standing*, which might explain why you couldn't get rid of them?

Also, if you look at CorpseMod.lua, you'll find, at the top of the file, a value that is called CorpseMod.debug. Replace "false" with "true" there and you'll have a debug option ingame that lets you clear all invisible objects nearby(on the same floor) through a context menu option.

Thanks for the feedback and kind words :-)

I think I understand why the corpses show up now. It happens every time you enter a cell that you'd previously visited and that contains my markers. PZ doesn't reload them with the proper invisibility flags, for some reason. It also explains why I thought I had fixed it, because when I tested it, I never went back and forth between different buildings. Oh, well, I guess I need to rewrite this completely.

• 3 months later...

Please let me know how to REMOVE this mod? When I delete all files I copied from PZ folder I can not load saved game! It says corpse mod missing!

I really annoyed by items laying around houses and nude bodies.

Please give an instruction on removing this mod.

I have CorpseMod.CMBleachitem error when disable this mod. And Load fails.

This kind of error you get, when mod add some items into game.After removing mod, these items stays in world and game cannot find their description as its in mod directory.You can fix it when you enable mod and delete lua direcory from corpsemod/media.This way items will still have description but mod will be unactive.I dont know what you should to do about nude bodies.

Its recommended to start new map after uninstalling mod. Also you should test mods in fresh sandbox game first to avoid breaking your long-run game if you are not happy with mod.

I think this is a brilliant idea and would be a valued addition to the game!

I do have some suggestions you might like, and also I've made some sprites you might want to use and have full permission to do so.

Depending on how 'anal' (for use of a better word) you want to get about it. But you can't just clean with your gloves. What about your clothes? They'd get too dirty. Which is why you need to use an apron! BANG and the dirt is gone. (No i'm not going to sprite in Cillit Bang, well... 2uigen7.png)

Cleaning up can be messy and if you don't have an apron in your inventory while cleaning your chances of getting a skin rash (or a similar bleach related infection) and also the clothes falling off your back!

Sprites:

2qwd66a.pnghv0zmh.pngfvi907.png

Just thinking though, what on earth have I done creating a cillit bang sprite  :-|

Please let me know how to REMOVE this mod? When I delete all files I copied from PZ folder I can not load saved game! It says corpse mod missing!

I really annoyed by items laying around houses and nude bodies.

Please give an instruction on removing this mod.

Hi, this was written for a PZ version that is now very old - I have no idea how you should deinstall it because the whole mod system has changed, as I understand it. However, to get rid of naked corpses you might try changing "CorpseMod.Debug = false;" to "CorpseMod.Debug = true;" in the CorpseMod.lua file. That should give you a right-click option 'Clear Markers' which might solve the problem. Can't say for sure, because I haven't tested it for a long time.

I think this is a brilliant idea and would be a valued addition to the game!

I do have some suggestions you might like, and also I've made some sprites you might want to use and have full permission to do so.

Depending on how 'anal' (for use of a better word) you want to get about it. But you can't just clean with your gloves. What about your clothes? They'd get too dirty. Which is why you need to use an apron! BANG and the dirt is gone. (No i'm not going to sprite in Cillit Bang, well... 2uigen7.png)

Cleaning up can be messy and if you don't have an apron in your inventory while cleaning your chances of getting a skin rash (or a similar bleach related infection) and also the clothes falling off your back!

Sprites:

2qwd66a.pnghv0zmh.pngfvi907.png

Just thinking though, what on earth have I done creating a cillit bang sprite  :-|

Looks great; I already have made a bunch of gloves items that I never got to releasing, though, since this project kind of stalled. I also made a bunch of other stuff, like skimasks and helmets to protect against infected blod spatter and injury, but decided to let the game mature a bit before I released anything. Some of the things I wanted to do became too difficult/time consuming. 

But hopefully my PZ interest will flare up again soon :-)

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if anyone is alive here.

But I just busted my whole sandbox saved games by deactivating this mode and trying to load one which was using this mod.

Even my backup saved games are all initialized.

Total initialization. No previous character, no previous loot, no previous presets.

I just wanted to remove some corpses so I installed this mod and enjoyed it very much, until I found it F***ING annoying to be infected three times while "looting" zombie corpses, even though I've set the transmission setting as [None].

DO NOT USE THIS MOD.

I am sorry to say such, and I've no bad feelings to the author of this mod.

But to those who want to remove corpses by this mod, I'd say STAY CLEAR. Just bare it until the dev. team features corpse related function in the game officially.

I've learned my lesson not to mess with mods that's been abandoned for months.

sorry you had to learn about old mods in such a bad way.

easy way to be sure a mod still works right is simply checking the post history in it's thread. in this case, the latest post was in December, 2013.

• 2 months later...

sorry about what happened.. anyways since the original author of the mod didn't update, I made my own updates for his mod to work with the latest builds (25-26). you can download it here,http://pz-mods.net/other/DeadOverhaul/

Are these mods updated for build 26? It says they are but i had a look at some of the directories and wasn't sure if they all would work. Also the corpse mod in the deadoverhaul has new items and sounds, Is that a new mod all together? 

Do not use Dead Overhaul. It is full of errors. The author admits he doesn't know lua so I doubt he can fix the issues.

For example, here is one bug still present in Dead Overhaul from Corpse Mod:

NAA0ofv.png

sorry about what happened.. anyways since the original author of the mod didn't update, I made my own updates for his mod to work with the latest builds (25-26). you can download it here,http://pz-mods.net/other/DeadOverhaul/

Are these mods updated for build 26? It says they are but i had a look at some of the directories and wasn't sure if they all would work. Also the corpse mod in the deadoverhaul has new items and sounds, Is that a new mod all together?

try it out, It will work :), I tested it myself... but its all different mods combined into one. more like a modpack. don't mind the directories.

Do not use Dead Overhaul. It is full of errors. The author admits he doesn't know lua so I doubt he can fix the issues.

NAA0ofv.png

be lovely

I didn't see the pre-edited reply, but I hope you didn't take offense to my post, paol. Respectfully, I would suggest that these are not your mods to get offended over in the first place. Any problems found in them are not a result of you putting together this pack. But the problem I see with Dead Overhaul is that you have an old and broken mod, such as this one, mixed in with other mods from other authors, and proclaiming the whole package to be b26 compatible when it clearly is not. If you take a look at the console window during gameplay you will see plenty of stack traces occuring as a result of Corpse Mod failing at some point in its code.

I would also like to say that I downloaded Dead Overhaul because I liked the selection of mods you included in the package. Unfortunately, all you can really do is make them load; you can't fix the other problems present in them, according to your own comments about lack of lua skill. So, ultimately, I feel that Dead Overhaul is an unsafe package to use, which is why I suggest that anybody interested in the mods included therein simply download the most up-to-date versions seperately, and only IF the original author has declared them b26 compatible. This will also facilitate much easier updating of these mods in the future without having to wait for the combo-package to be updated.

If you'd like to discuss it in a civil manner, you're very welcome to shoot me a PM and we can have a chat about it if you still disagree with my opinion. :)

I didn't see the pre-edited reply, but I hope you didn't take offense to my post, paol. Respectfully, I would suggest that these are not your mods to get offended over in the first place. Any problems found in them are not a result of you putting together this pack. But the problem I see with Dead Overhaul is that you have an old and broken mod, such as this one, mixed in with other mods from other authors, and proclaiming the whole package to be b26 compatible when it clearly is not. If you take a look at the console window during gameplay you will see plenty of stack traces occuring as a result of Corpse Mod failing at some point in its code.

I would also like to say that I downloaded Dead Overhaul because I liked the selection of mods you included in the package. Unfortunately, all you can really do is make them load; you can't fix the other problems present in them, according to your own comments about lack of lua skill. So, ultimately, I feel that Dead Overhaul is an unsafe package to use, which is why I suggest that anybody interested in the mods included therein simply download the most up-to-date versions seperately, and only IF the original author has declared them b26 compatible. This will also facilitate much easier updating of these mods in the future without having to wait for the combo-package to be updated.

If you'd like to discuss it in a civil manner, you're very welcome to shoot me a PM and we can have a chat about it if you still disagree with my opinion. :)

my reply was edited because it had bad stuff written on it.. :) anyways.. 

sir, I merely said that I just updated it to work with the latest versions... I didn't say I'd fixed the bugs or issues with anything,

Also, I didn't admit I don't know lua, I said that I'm NOT really good at it.. how can you even say it doesn't work at all? if it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for everybody else..

btw, some of the codes aren't really that far out in the latest versions of PZ's lua codes...

I'm still learning lua because I'm not used to it yet.

and no need for discussing about anything.. well, if you can show some of those stack traces and the lines of the errors you were getting it would be superb :) it would help me fix those error..

also, thank you for your opinion.

I never said it didn't work at all. I just warned against using it. :)

The stack traces can be seen during gameplay if you switch to the game's output console. They point towards Corpse-specific scripts. I'm afraid I don't have specifics anymore as I stopped using the mod after reporting the issue.

• 2 weeks later...