Lovely little things

Milove

Hi all! Here I would like to give some small wishes that would not greatly change the existing mechanics of the game. Also, I don't think it's very hard to implement. Nevertheless, with it, without it, nothing fundamentally should change.
I will touch on the topic of cars and a little on the topic of weapons.

What I would like to see in the near future in Project Zomboid and what I think would be really useful (Important):
Just one thing - a quick exit from the car, without closing the door.

It seems to me, but this will save a couple of “milliseconds” so that after the character appears at the door from which he left, he could immediately move, without delay. And besides, it's just realistic, if, for example, you need to run out of the car, take / throw something away, do something very quickly, then why close the door with these loud sounds? No, the sounds are great, I have nothing against it, but that's not about it now.
How do I propose to implement this? Well, you can make a keyboard shortcut, for example Shift + E. Like if the character is given the action to drain / fill up the car with gasoline - holding the Shift key will make him hurry up ;P

What I would like to see in Project Zomboid someday (Doesn't matter too much):

Just 5 things:

1. Then, when the rendered states of open/closed doors/trunks and other things are added, make the windows of the cars transparent by half or so. So that the characters and the interior inside could be seen without opening/dismantling the doors.
  2. Possibility to switch high/low beam.
  3. The state of the brakes/suspension could be understood through the sounds of road bumps/braking/cornering.
  4. There was a decal of a tire track on the road during sharp turns with a handbrake at speed. With the same way, for example, how blood is displayed.
  5. The side lights of the car illuminate everything around them with red light within a radius of 1-2 cells when braking.

And now I would like to talk about firearms.
I will not talk about something global. I want to touch on the topic of "repulsion" with firearms.
For example, I never considered pushing off with a pistol in my hands as something effective. It's slow and doesn't stun zombies at all.
My suggestion is to make it maybe a little faster and add a stun effect to the zombie, like getting hit with a blunt weapon. So that, at least, a melee fight, when you only have a gun in your hands, does not end with an endless repulsion and the hope that the zombie will fall. It is necessary to give the character a head start in order, for example, to take a step / jerk after successfully repulsing a zombie with a pistol.
Or, for example, the animation of hitting the back of the head with a butt of a zombie is too good to be left on stealth. Here, too, you can think of something.
For example, to enable the player and the character to perform this technique even in a normal fight.
I am not a developer, not a modder, but I know for sure that the game has already implemented a system of “interaction areas” in combat. If the zombie is too close - the character repels it, if it is at a sufficient distance, then it produces a normal blow.
I hope you understand what I mean. So, why not use this “technology” in the moment, for example, close combat with a shotgun / rifle in your hands? If, for example, the zombie is out of the character's reach, he swings, starts hitting with the butt, and at the moment the zombie enters the combat area of the character's interaction, the character hits the zombie with the butt, stunning him and causing some amount of damage. And if the zombie is already in the character's combat area, then the character simply pushes him away, because this is the fastest and most logical way to move the zombie away from himself, but without stunning and damage.
In my opinion, this should not be something effective in combat with large groups of zombies, but should be very effective, for example, in the case of a fight in a closed room with only a shotgun in hand. Well, or against single zombies, when you need to save ammo.
That's all I wanted to offer. I think these are really small things and I don’t expect to see them in the next patches, but I think that just the same small things bring pleasure and immersion in the game itself.
With love from Milove for Big Love (The Indie Stone)