[Request] Tutorial on Adding Sprites

lance789

I'm currently making a Food "Exspansion" mod for items and recipes that should be in game (those a player should be able to make by defualt), and while my food items and recipes are showing up in game, i dont know how to add in sprites.

All i need really is a tutorial explaining:
   • Sprite Size and filet ype.

• Where to put them.

• How to make them recognizable in 'Scripts'.

Could someone please help me with this?

I'm currently making a Food "Exspansion" mod for items and recipes that should be in game (those a player should be able to make by defualt), and while my food items and recipes are showing up in game, i dont know how to add in sprites.

All i need really is a tutorial explaining:

• Sprite Size and filet ype.

• Where to put them.

• How to make them recognizable in 'Scripts'.

Could someone please help me with this?

It's not possible to add custom item-icons to the game at the moment. We don't know when it will be possible again, but the devs know about the issue and its on their to-do list.

Crap and i already started the sprites >.>''

Thanks for the info.

EDIT:

If it isn't possible to add in my own custom sprites, then how is it mods like "Spraypaint" and "Food Pickling" have added sprites?

My Food Pickling Mod, as well as all of my mods, reuse vanilla textures. Not the best way, but it's better than a blue question mark.

Edited by kinyoshi

Crap and i already started the sprites >.>''

Thanks for the info.

EDIT:

If it isn't possible to add in my own custom sprites, then how is it mods like "Spraypaint" and "Food Pickling" have added sprites?

The difference is, that the Spraypaint mod doesn't add Item icons only tile sprites for the different symbols. The spraycans all have the "?" icon ;)

Like kinyoshi has said you could use vanilla textures as a placeholder :)