How do I join fences?

Joelmosen

the 'r' button? to rotate?

Does it work for you?

'r' does nothing here and , just to be clear, everything else seems to work...

I'm currently trying to create my first building.

To rotate I use Building->rotate left (or right) and  the white fence pillar just seems to have 1 appearance here, so when I rotate to see how the building looks from another point of view, the pillar disappears.  I also tried : Building -> tiles-> add tiles, but the only difference is pillar behaves as the layer value I select, but no matter what I select , when I rotate it changes position (some minor differences, but still unusable).

Also, when I rotate wall decorations that are not visible just detach from the wall, then they go back to right position when I rotate again and they become visible. In this case I have no idea if it's normal behaviour in the editor, maybe it that disappears in game, I don't know.

the 'r' button? to rotate?

Does it work for you?

'r' does nothing here and , just to be clear, everything else seems to work...

I'm currently trying to create my first building.

To rotate I use Building->rotate left (or right) and  the white fence pillar just seems to have 1 appearance here, so when I rotate to see how the building looks from another point of view, the pillar disappears.  I also tried : Building -> tiles-> add tiles, but the only difference is pillar behaves as the layer value I select, but no matter what I select , when I rotate it changes position (some minor differences, but still unusable).

Also, when I rotate wall decorations that are not visible just detach from the wall, then they go back to right position when I rotate again and they become visible. In this case I have no idea if it's normal behaviour in the editor, maybe it that disappears in game, I don't know.

Well the "R" button does nothing for me either. I'm sorry, but I can't really help you with the problems you encountered since I barely know what I'm doing myself. :P

Thanks for your reply Joelmosen.

I didn't want to create another thread so similar to this one, but there's chance I won't get a reply from mods here because of the "answered" tag.

By the way, how did you solve the problem? I mean, when I rotate the building the pillar just moves or disappears...

Thanks for your reply Joelmosen.

I didn't want to create another thread so similar to this one, but there's chance I won't get a reply from mods here because of the "answered" tag.

By the way, how did you solve the problem? I mean, when I rotate the building the pillar just moves or disappears...

Well I didn't do that much actually. I just moved the pillar to different spots around the fence until I found that it kind of blended in. If you want to i can post a screenshot. :)

Edit: I'm not rotating my buildings either, Just so you know. :P

I suppose that I could remove the "answered" tag if you want me to. :)

Did RJ perhaps confuse this as a question about ingame construction? Does R for rotation work in the map editing tools?

I'm not sure but I guess he did since rotating isn't really working in the Building Editor :P

Well I didn't do that much actually. I just moved the pillar to different spots around the fence until I found that it kind of blended in. If you want to i can post a screenshot. :)

As I said I have problem when I change the direction of the fence, to make a corner fence, there's a gap between the 2 pieces. In order to solve that I place the pillar in the empty spot, but when I rotate the pillar either it disappears or changes position.

If that's your problem: no need for a screenshot. Otherwise yes, I'd like to see that, please :)

The pillar seems to have only 1 appearance/orientation and the same goes for the corner fence piece in fencing_01, so I don't know how to use them.

Edit: I'm not rotating my buildings either, Just so you know. :P

I suppose that I could remove the "answered" tag if you want me to. :)

Your call.If you think a more detailed answer could help you as well... Otherwise I can open another thread, no problem.

The problems are quite similar, so I fear a new thread could receive a reply like "already solved there" (here) and that's what I was trying to avoid posting here instead.

As I said I have problem when I change the direction of the fence, to make a corner fence, there's a gap between the 2 pieces. In order to solve that I place the pillar in the empty spot, but when I rotate the pillar either it disappeares or changes position.

If that's your problem: no need for a screenshot. Otherwise yes, I'd like to see that, please :)

The pillar seems to have only 1 appearance/orientation and the same goes for the corner fence piece in fencing_01, so I don't know how to use them.

The reason why stuff disappears when you rotate is because the feature isn't meant for that use. Because it's a 2d isometric game that's how you add stuff to the game, in 2d. Many of the objects and tiles have only one or two directions existing and therefore cannot be rotated. You're supposed to do the tiling without rotation. That is why there's the from up to down view in the building tool. The rotating tool is just to make things faster if you want to export a different side of the same building.

The reason why stuff disappears when you rotate is because the feature isn't meant for that use. Because it's a 2d isometric game that's how you add stuff to the game, in 2d. Many of the objects and tiles have only one or two directions existing and therefore cannot be rotated. You're supposed to do the tiling without rotation. That is why there's the from up to down view in the building tool. The rotating tool is just to make things faster if you want to export a different side of the same building.

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, sure. It's clear. Actually I thought that too, if it's ok from the view I am watching, that means it's ok, but being a noob I am kinda worried I am doing something wrong every time.

Good someone confirmed this to me.

In case I want to use the same building from another side, sometimes I just have to move some objects in the right position again. Is that correct?

In case I want to use the same building from another side, sometimes I just have to move some objects in the right position again. Is that correct?

Depending on how far around you rotate, yes. some items you may just have to remove because they wont have a graphic for that direction, things like stair rails seem to end up in weird places when you rotate.

But remember when you rotate, any tiles you placed in tile mode will dissappear and you will have to replace them.