Arcade Machine [WIP]

H3RB4LS

Thanks :D Maybe we could script in a little arcade game for those lonely nights in PZ (jk). Trying to figure out the tilesets better so I can create my own tile sheet. Having trouble figuring out the boundaries between an object that has multiple tiles so they align just right.

Example: All the guides are in increments of 64. 64, 128, 196, etc.. But as in this picture..the last one crosses over which is making me question where EXACTLY the cross-over point is between multiple tile objects is. Trying to eventually create a base template that would be easy to use. Maybe after proper sleep.

zyZSAh6.jpg

Also wondering if there's a specific pixel amount surrounding objects such as these dressers. Or is it using the measurements of one tile for the vertical difference?

3ASkZLC.jpg

pretty cool!! maybe if you could make a "Project zomboid gamescreen" or PZ sidepaintings it would be..

For sure, I'[ll re-design it, those were just the first colors I slapped on it. More tweaks ahead. Possibly multiple ones, and a pinball machine once I figure out multi-tile stuffs. 

Edit: Well since I can't seem to sleep. Made another skin for it, using images from PZ/ui folder.

hHCeJ9s.jpg

I will just rename the current section to custom tiles / lots!

HA! Take that :P

Lol that's cool. Once I figure out the multi-tile objects/tile sheets- I'll pump out some more graphics. But...class comes first, thanks again for messing up my sleep schedule to whoever released these tools.

• 5 weeks later...

pretty cool!! maybe if you could make a "Project zomboid gamescreen" or PZ sidepaintings it would be..

For sure, I'[ll re-design it, those were just the first colors I slapped on it. More tweaks ahead. Possibly multiple ones, and a pinball machine once I figure out multi-tile stuffs. 

Edit: Well since I can't seem to sleep. Made another skin for it, using images from PZ/ui folder.

hHCeJ9s.jpg

Niiiiiceeee - to all those zeds outside: "i´ll need 5 minutes more - just wanna give the game a try... After that i will play the headless-game with u in the backyard too... just 5 more minutes zeds.... 5 more minutes....^^ hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Did you find a way to create multi-tiles object ? I'm also trying but I didn't find an easy workflow. I succeed by splitting my object in half (for a 2 tiles object) and render each part on a tile. But to place them correctly in the tileset is such a bother... Must go back and forth between photoshop and BuildEd to find the good position.

I downloaded Tile Studio in an effort to figure out the multi-tiles for PZ.

It seems to be optimized for multi tile images so I figured it'd be a good way to crack this mystery ...

Below is a screenshot of it's File > Import feature ...

test_IMPORT.jpg

Here comes the bad news though ...

Tile Studio couldn't auto-detect the spacing for any of the PZ tiles.

And despite my best efforts of tweeking the living hell out of the Spacing, clipping and height/width I could not figure out what PZ uses as it's "baseline" for spacing in this file.

Surely there's someone out there in the ether who can enlighten us. :)