Pop Culture Sounds!

That would probably fall foul of copyright. You'd have to be incredibly careful / get permission first, and it'd be a right headache

As long as you don't make money off it, companies don't usually go at it, and it is for private use so... Plus  all dis stuff is on youtube for over 7 years, and they don't care, john murphy is a single artist, i don't think he is even part of a big record company, neither is midnight syndicate, i dunno about creature feature and other bands, but i could, buy the songs and put them in myself, and this would be perfectly fine. 

And they don' copyright random unpaid actors moans and gargles i don't think.

Is changing the sounds as simple as renaming files and replacing them? Or is it more complex than that?

Otherwise i could just get a playlist of songs and play them in the background of youtube instead, you should get some forum members and record alot more zombie moans, there are only like, what, 5 sounds?

That would probably fall foul of copyright. You'd have to be incredibly careful / get permission first, and it'd be a right headache

As long as you don't make money off it, companies don't usually go at it, and it is for private use so...

I don't think you quite understand the concept of 'copyright'.

Also, just because something is on Youtube (for what may well be a lifetime for some of you) doesn't waive the associated copyrights.

It's not even a question of whether the record companies may or may not take action over the copyright breaches, but one of simply breaching the copyrights to integrate the music with TIS software.

Not being a lawyer myself, I wouldn't know the specifics, but I'm pretty certain that if TIS was to take no action themselves over a breach in copyrighted music being distributed via a mod for their software through their forums, something's gotta give.

for one thing, all movies and the accompanying scenes,dialogue,music, sounds and any other item thing that the production company had placed in the movie is copyrighted. (with one notable exception. right,Mr. Romero?) and yes, many companies do in fact make copyright claims, regardless of how long something has been on Youtube.

try playing a song in the background while making a video, Youtube will notify you that there may be a potential copyright issue if the copyright holder decides to get uppity and make a claim. just changing the name of a file won't do a bit of good.

As long as you don't make money off it, companies don't usually go at it, and it is for private use so...

I don't think you quite understand the concept of 'copyright'.

Also, just because something is on Youtube (for what may well be a lifetime for some of you) doesn't waive the associated copyrights.

It's not even a question of whether the record companies may or may not take action over the copyright breaches, but one of simply breaching the copyrights to integrate the music with TIS software.

Not being a lawyer myself, I wouldn't know the specifics, but I'm pretty certain that if TIS was to take no action themselves over a breach in copyrighted music being distributed via a mod for their software through their forums, something's gotta give.

Anyways...

for one thing, all movies and the accompanying scenes,dialogue,music, sounds and any other item thing that the production company had placed in the movie is copyrighted. (with one notable exception. right,Mr. Romero?) and yes, many companies do in fact make copyright claims, regardless of how long something has been on Youtube.

try playing a song in the background while making a video, Youtube will notify you that there may be a potential copyright issue if the copyright holder decides to get uppity and make a claim. just changing the name of a file won't do a bit of good.

Say If i fuckin bought it, i download it, could i just take out a music file from the game, rename the song to that music file and shove it in, and it will work or no? 

I did it, not to distrubute, but for my own legal use, they can't do absolute shit because i am not doing anything with it outside my own personal shit. 

Playlist of songs it is i guess..

OH SHIT MY GRAPHICS CARD IS FLIPPING OUT! I AM UPDATING DriVErSBUT iCANt Se WHAR I|M TYPING

copyright law is complicated, and there are many rules, and exceptions to it. the big one that many people claim on Youtube is the Fair Play rule . the explanation this site gives for it is by no means an absolute authority on copyright, but its a good basic explanation

http://www.copyrightkids.org/cbasicsframes.htm

now if you can locate some audio clips that are in the Public Domain, meaning all copyright has expired on that Intellectual Property and can be verified as such, then the rules change, generally speaking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain

copyright law is complicated, and there are many rules, and exceptions to it. the big one that many people claim on Youtube is the Fair Play rule . the explanation this site gives for it is by no means an absolute authority on copyright, but its a good basic explanation

now if you can locate some audio clips that are in the Public Domain, meaning all copyright has expired on that Intellectual Property and can be verified as such, then the rules change, generally speaking.

Too damn complicated.

Will replacing sound files with music work? 

Too damn complicated.

Will replacing sound files with music work? 

Technically they would if they were the same name and same file format. However it also depends how the music system works as the results you get may not be the ones you wanted.

No if you don't distribute it they can't as you said so elegantly "do absolute shit" since you're not distributing it, however as soon as it went online or you gave the mod to another person it would be breaking the law.

Technically they would if they were the same name and same file format. However it also depends how the music system works as the results you get may not be the ones you wanted.

No if you don't distribute it they can't as you said so elegantly "do absolute shit" since you're not distributing it, however as soon as it went online or you gave the mod to another person it would be breaking the law.

And that's all, folks!