Question about LootInspector and buildings appearing in TileZed.

DoctahWong

Hey guys, i was wondering on how you use the LootInspector in WorldEd?, i can't seem to figure it out.

And is there a way to make buildings to appear in TileZed?, they don't appear when i place both a .tbx or tmx building in WorldEd... and how do you make spawn points IN buildings?

To make buildings appear in TileZed: Edit -> Preferences -> Zomboid and add your *.pzw

This should make your placed buildings visible.

Can't help you with your other question i'm afraid

Aw shucks, thanks for helping me with THAT one question, does that also count for trees appearing in the game. I noticed one video as soon as he converted the BMP to TMX. Trees popped up. :)

I have no idea.

But my guess is: Trees are either planted in TileZed anyway or while designing the map.

Could you link the video? I am interested now :)

Whoops, i meant the WorldEd. He placed his map, then converts it from BMP to TMX, but here's the video, skip at 3:00. :)

One more question, how do you stack crates on top of each other?, like in the warehouses in Muldraugh and West Point. I saw you do it in your Fire Station build... except they're a bit... half-ish. Take note the video is from 2013. Which is a old build.

Still figuring out how to put spawn points in buildings. :P

You can placce those crates using TileZed.

I'm pretty sure the trees, grass and such are generated upon building the map using the tile colors given in the .png.

Hm, not sure how to do that. I just put the BMP into WorldEd and that's it... i have to put a .png first?

Well. not that long actually. I had to come up with some ideas how the living area could look like but i think it took me 2 hours.

Then i decorated the whole thing only to notice i forgot to build a door in the tower that leads to the living quarters.

So I had to redecorate the whole thing again.

I personally would love to see this in a map and live there. :)

To make buildings appear in TileZed: Edit -> Preferences -> Zomboid and add your *.pzw

Aw shucks, thanks for helping me with THAT one question, does that also count for trees appearing in the game. I noticed one video as soon as he converted the BMP to TMX. Trees popped up. :)

This process is a bit different in the video from the version that we have. The maps aren't used in .bmp format anymore, but .png. If you have a ready made map from the mapzoid you can follow my tutorial from step 5. If you read it all you also see how to add the trees where you want them. :) You can also add trees in TileZed, individually or with the paint tools on the right top corner.

This process is a bit different in the video from the version that we have. The maps aren't used in .bmp format anymore, but .png. If you have a ready made map from the mapzoid you can follow my tutorial from step 5. If you read it all you also see how to add the trees where you want them. :) You can also add trees in TileZed, individually or with the paint tools on the right top corner.

Well... time to go painting... woo... with MS Paint... :<

EDIT: So essentially, Random Mapzoid won't do a thing anymore unless it's updated to do .PNG images?