Nerf hand/foot-to-hand/head

Footmuffin

And so!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is unarmed combat too feasible an option for 1v1 combat?

• I don't even bother wasting weapon quality on loners.
    • The system is fine as it is, because the zombie would probably be stunned from falling down.
    • Let me explain my independent, unrepresented opinion in the comments!
  2. 2. <3

• B)
    • B(
    • BT
    • B\
    • B3
    • </3
    • Those emoticons with the sunglasses are stupid-looking.
    • Those emoticons with the sunglasses are stupid-looking and make my eyes hurt. Stop using them, please.

every zombie movie has told us that offering your limbs to the dead is a bad idea, if you're a smart and lucky survivor, you'll kick them away, unlucky or dumb would use the hands, both options are reckless in my opinion because you are presenting a clear opening for a bite or a scratch. Video games like to think that humans have much more strength over an equal weighted corpse but logically it doesn't make sense. If you use as much force to push back the creature as it does to lurk forward, you'd think a creature that feels no pain would put its whole weight onto the delicious kicking/pushing survivor. I'm not convinced that a zombie would be cognitive enough to pull someone down onto them, but dropping their weight onto the zombies prey just seems like a natural thing.

I think it's more the capability of a zombie to pull itself upright when you're filling that boot sized hole in it's face. A zed should be able to stand up again if it falls down. A zed should be able to pull a survivor down atop itself for noms. A zed probably wouldn't have the intelligence to block your impacts, roll away, then get up. Net result being a flailing mass of limbs trying to grab you when you stomp down.

As is, I like the weaponless melee. Gives you a way to fend off the odd zombie or two, but is pretty useless when confronted by more than two zombies, given the time it takes for you to cave in the skull with a shoe.

That being said, the cutlery and pens/pencils probably need a significant buff. Give the writing implements the ability to stab into the temples, or up and under the jawline like a butterkinfe for a one-hit kill. As is, given how quickly they break (one or two swipes, with very little chance of knocking the zombie down) you're better off going in unarmed.

A happy middle ground would be shoving the zombie down, then going in with the pen/pencil/spoon for the coup de grace, or allowing the survivor to use the unarmed melee attacks while holding a broken pen/pencil/spoon. It takes too damn long to unequip the pen/pencil given how quickly then snap in half.

I don't like how easy unarmed combat is, but it's kinda realistic when you think about it. Imagine wearing pants that completely cover your legs and good quality shoes. How would you 1v1 the zombie with no tools but yourself? Me personally, kick it in the chest so it falls down and swift kick to the lower jaw for possible instant kill or no good way of biting me with a broken jawbone. Plus a well placed kick with good force is enough to stun for just long enough for the zombie to not be able to react in time to grab your leg or scratch you, especially if they get kicked into an object or a wall. I guess since we're talking about videogames too, there would ALWAYS be a downside, which is kind of a shame. I guess there could be like a 10% chance of breaking your foot, leg, arm, or some other appendage you can attack with. Still, unarmed combat could be done well enough to where it's a good secondary way of fighting, but you don't want to have to resort to it. A good idea, but needs refining.

P.S yes I do hate those sunglasses emoticons. They make it look like the emoticon is too cool for any of you. Just look at it.

--------------------------

:cool:

Look at ME! I went to Harvard, ride motorcycles with leather jackets and sunglasses on while explosions happen! You WISH you were me! Just look at you, so pathetic sitting at a computer reading forum posts you LAME NERD. Screw you guys, I'm too cool for this thread  :cool:

--------------------------

Before nobody asks ever, yes I would like to punch him in the face for mocking me...

Without looking through the other posts too much, I'll just say my opinion; yes, it needs tweaking. Not 'needs needs', but rather something that can be EXPANDED upon in the future. I think hand to hand should be taken out back and nerfed to death against ZOMBIES... but at the same time, should be viable against human/NPC opponents.

Melee against zombies sounds impossible to me, since you can't A. knock out B. hurt C. phase or D. injure a zombie, which the vast, VAST majority of fighting techniques are based around. Also, nomnom.