Project Zomboid No Hope Challenge!

PintLasher

LAST UPDATE: April 9th 2014              

Here is a fun survival mode challenge!

Step 1: Pick Survival mode

Step 2: Create a character

Step 3: Pick every negative trait possible and no positive traits + Unemployed!

Step 4: See how long you last...

Step 5: Post your results! :D

The challenge OP leaderboard will be updated semi-regularly

If you try out this challenge make sure to post back here with your results!

There is only ONE RULE and it's new!

When you die, please! Post a screenshot of your death with your journal open!! (J key for Journal)

Anything else goes!

All entries without a screen will have a red NS beside them, NS stands for "No Screenshot" and is considered by me to be unverified. A green S means that the position has a screenshot and is considered legit!!

I really apologize for not including/thinking of this rule in the OP. :rolleyes: All current scores are still legit so don't sweat it, I believe all you cool guys out there. Just remember the new rule please! ^_^

Good luck out there survivors!!

Here are the top results so far...

1st Place Platinum Cookie goes to MollySC2! With an absolutely amazing 1 month, 18 days...!! :lol: S

2nd Place Gold Cookie goes to Brannty! with a V. Nice 1 month 15 days! S

3rd Place Silver Cookie goes to Etsamaru! with an impressive 20 days 16 hours! S

4th Place Bronze Cookie goes to Sir Twiggy! with a great 19 days 5 hours!  S

5th Place Purple Cookie goes to  Survivor Firebomb! with a V. Nice 12 days 23 hours! NS

The Rotten Cookie is awarded to me, PintLasher with a meager 20 hour best run! NS   ^_^

Don't be afraid to let me know when this needs updating, I've been really glued into some other games lately so I'm not around as much anymore!

Nice challenge  ;)

Spawned in a trailer park and didn't find any weapon at first. Had to kill my first 5 zombies with bare hands. Got lucky and found a hammer and baseball bat soon. Made my way north and got scratched on day 3. Developed signs of infection, but maybe it was just me being a hypochandriac. Went straight north and found a big warehouse. Got jumped by a bunch of zeds and got bitten.

So, 4 days in total ;)

ViGOG6m.jpg

After my first attempt quickly coming to an end at 20 hours, I managed to survive for 7 days on the second attempt.  It's always that crappy perception that gets me!  I really like the extra challenge of the increased need for food and water.  It seems to feel more realistic.     

Thanks for the challenge, I'll definitely be having more fun with it! 

• 2 weeks later...

I lived 1 day and 17 hours because I forgot you can't fight zombies DX

I got 5 scratches and knew it was over (Because I had fever later) so I jumped into a crowd and faced the inevitable...

Lol took me a couple of tries to realize that fighting a single zombie seemed OK until.. your out-of-breath, inescapable struggle allowed 3 more in on the action! ^_^

So how do you cope with the never ending agony. It's irritating me just seeing it there in the corner the whole time. That fever loop is just pure evil.

Interesting story so far on this challenge. Start in Muldraugh make my way west? (top left of screen) and make it to the Motel. So all is well while I try to figure where to go considering that they just keep increasing in numbers to the south (bottom left) and that's the direction I was headed. Just before waking up a god damned chopper flies overhead, I was sleeping on the second floor. A brief "I can see through walls" glitch shows that all of them, atleast 15 or more are heading right at the stairs. So shitting bricks I make my way to the door and hear the first thud. Search my inventory, no sheets, check the room and find no sheets either. So I figure I can open and slam the door in their face to atleast how many are out there. One baseball bat swing and a door slam later nothing is inside but there is no way to get out. So I break the window to the north, check if I can make a sheet rope from the vest (thank god) but can't attach the damned rope to the window. Figuring I have nothing to lose I jumped, almost died but nothing broken. That was 6 days ago. So far 12 days, 150 kills, 3 scratches and going.

And so it ends. 15 days 5 hours, 171 kills. T_T

Died to a scratch while opening a door.

Wow. I'm going to edit my first post to list you for the Golden Cookie. Longest time survived so far and by far! I actually don't pick the hypochondriac trait even for this challenge, lol it's right there in the OP! You gotta be suicidal to take hypochondriac at the moment

Hypochondriac just means more food consumed on the sick, fever part of the cycle. It's annoying that it happens once a day but I found a can of dogfood usually gets me through it. Speaking of I'm wondering if dogfood has some magic in it, I was eating dogfood and dealing with the depression it put me in when I got the 3 scratches. Could it be that it's the cure for not becoming a zombie? I had a plan to build several blocked off farm areas with alternating growth for the hypochondria problem, idea was to have atleast 6 areas with self contained water supply but I just couldn't find an axe or nails (I blame the unlucky trait).

First time running this. Just over 10 days in and setup pretty comfortably. I tend to play cautious and get a safe house in order early on, so this challenge is right up my alley. I've made it thus far with only a few scares, but nothing serious. Downside is I'm having to venture further and further into town to secure the needed resources.

Plan now is to gather at least a few weeks worth of food. Then i'll probably start looking into a long term location.

So this run is going much better. Had a few lovely 3 day runs... the poor perception is killer. I finally spawned on the East side of Muld, and things have been going well. 21 days 3 hours as of now. Couple run ins. Oddly enough, I've only spawned over here a couple times, so its been touch and go while looting. Not as familiar with the area.

Below is a map of the area i've hit as well as my info page. Home circled in blue is my main safe house, while yellow has been my looting hold up. Couple close calls, but no scratches broke the surface... so yay. Good ol' Mark Morgan, beating Zeds to death (again) with a hammer.  :mrgreen:

cUZ4ME7.png

ApLKH0V.jpg

Well... I am sad to report that Mark Morgan made a mistake...

MBMCI39.png

FTjdC8Q.png

One, misjudged swing of his trusty hammer... and chomp. The fatal mistake took place on his way back from a VERY disappointing trip to nearby farm. A trip that turned up 2 bowls and an empty mug. Tragic, considering the fact that he was set up with a good stock of non-perishable food. The long term was still in question though, as a bit (more like a ton) of bad luck had kept him from acquiring a trowel. 

I'm not sure I can accept this run as a success, so chances are you'll hear from me again on this challenge. Just biding my time until MP comes out.