Veged's building archive: Added an ArmA 2 fire station

Veged

MODS_01.png

Free for all
This mod can be added to and extended by the whole community. Crediting the original author would be lovely, but isn't necessary.
(Then again, this community values loveliness above all else.)

The finished buildings and downloads can be found here: Veged's finished buildings thread

Hi guys,
since the tools have been released i was thinking the game could need some more houses. So I decided to build some for the Mapping people out there :)

This is my first attempt and it's based losely on the house I grew up in.
It's not finished yet, since i am trying to get the hang of it, but maybe you want to give your opinions on the design.
Also there is going to be a second entrance from the future backyard.

I keep this thread updated and eventually post the download links here.

So, yeah. That's about it for now. Tell me what you think.
Bye :)

Veged's kinda really big house:

Spoiler

2_1syzca.png

2_2jiam6.png

2_3k7l4t.png

ArmA style fire station:
Spoiler

fire_station-13asue.png

fire_station-23iscn.png

fire_station-3josbl.png

Small wooden house:
Spoiler

small_wooden_house_10udfy.png

small_wooden_house_2q0e17.png

Updates

#17.01.2014
Added a neat small house
Added an ArmA 2 style fire station
Kinda getting used to the editor

#16.01.2014 
Changed the house design slightly to make it not so blocky
Added some light sources and interiors.
Changed some wall and floor textures as well as the roofs

Nice but it will be hard to defend ! Love the interior.

I'm personally going to TRY to make some kind of open house, with an open roof in the middle for rain collecting and gardening and a little sun. With a pool, inside, like roman houses. Yeah ...

Nice but it will be hard to defend ! Love the interior.

I'm personally going to TRY to make some kind of open house, with an open roof in the middle for rain collecting and gardening and a little sun. With a pool, inside, like roman houses. Yeah ...

I thought about making the south east bit of the house into some sort of balkony thingy, too. 

You should try to make all of the rooms a little smaller, this way they dont look too empty. And dont make the house look too cubic, make for example the garage stick out a bit. Try to make it look complex but still simple.

True, the front looks a little bit boring. I will work on that, thanks.

The rooms aren't finished yet. But I wanted to put something up :)

In fact, the house needs some work, too.

Really great, good stuff! :)

Just a simple thought: try and think about the 'elevations' when drawing lower and upper floors, and windows. Architects will tend to align windows, or keep them at nice ratios, and with little punched windows you would likely need a couple of windows to single elevations for some of your big rooms, but if you are going for larger windows, full height glazing would probably look better (even if not quite true to life).

If you can't draw a bay window (due to a limited available tileset), I'd probably ignore it or try something else that looks cool, but isn't quite right.

I love the fact that you have aligned the lower and upper walls though, nice and realistic :)

Points for the fire station. Minus points for it having all that stuff inside, it's not proper Arma if the building isn't completely empty.

Do all those unenterable houses in Chernarus next!

:cry:

But, but...Chernarus+ has all those enterable houses now! Also in my defense: I thought about it but since PZ is more survivial then infantry and vehicle based warfare, you need enterable houses to hide in.

whoah, that firestation is sweet dude!

The fire station looks awesome!

Why thank you!

I'm still learning how the tools work. But as you can see I'm getting better compared to my first house  :D

So we'll see what I can do in the future.

Points for the fire station. Minus points for it having all that stuff inside, it's not proper Arma if the building isn't completely empty.

Do all those unenterable houses in Chernarus next!

:cry:

But, but...Chernarus+ has all those enterable houses now! Also in my defense: I thought about it but since PZ is more survivial then infantry and vehicle based warfare, you need enterable houses to hide in.

To clarify, what you've done is really cool. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. The Chernarus buildings are actually good candidates for remaking, as all of them are based on real buildings somewhere in Czech Republic, so the exteriors are already fairly realistic.

Now if only we Arma 2/3 players could enjoy Chernarus+ in the game... I'd happily pay for it.