Things i would like to see added to the game to help with immersion.

darthdraken

Hi guys, been playing a lot of indie games under development for a while now and came across your game.

I played it and liked it so bought it a few days ago.

Upon playing several play thoughs i feel its missing a few simple things.

First in the police station you have a jail with bars and well you cant see through them, would be nice to see through them and also, you could have zombies stretching their arms through.

Also no keys for the cells having random bodies about with keys etc would be good for certain buildings.

I loved the zombies attacking you when you open a door, falling over you. But how about some doors like toilet doors etc have a body pressed against them so you open and out falls a corpse scaring you.

Would be good to have bodies slumped randomly around against windows and over desks so if you inspect the table the body falls off making a noise unless you move the body first.

Would be nice to see a trashed town ie 28 days later already broken up. Bodies litter the streets and burnt out cars about. Fires smoldering and stuff.

A sewer system under the towns would provide another level to the game.

Being able bridge from one roof top to another would be good.

Climbing drainpipes also optional.

Being able to carry bodies over your shoulder and dump them.

Using a hammer or other tools. Strip a door from a house and use it to board up another door.

Same with park benches as they wooden and even furniture.

Brings me to chairs tables fridges etc. Make furniture moveable so you can push in front of doors and windows.

Using sheets to climb through a broken windows so you dont get cut.

Wearable items like hats and protective gear. Fire suit. Army suit etc.

Body armour from police bodies and soldiers.

Face masks and goggles to protect from saliva.

Setting fire to grass to burn areas.

Combat webbing for extra carry capacity.

Helmets and knee pads for combat and falling from heights.

Having an actual sneak option ie animation of crouching even crawling about. For sneaking.

Works benches for crafting stuff on and give quality bonus to products.

Alarm style trip wires ect.

Devices to make sound so they distract zombies.

Flamable exlosive items. Gas cans etc so u can pour on ground and light.

Throwable stones and objects for distraction.

Spike traps like from walking dead series.

Create ladders etc for entering top floor rooms.

ability to smash through internal walls with axe's

Fire extinguishers, for blunt weapons and putting out fires.

Ability to push abandoned cars in to a blockade for defence. if you add cars...

Finishing move ability complete with cool down bar.

Fire Hydrants that can be hit with sledge hammer to spray areas with water to push over zombies.

ability to vault over high walls using dust bins or other objects.

Use if chains and padlocks for gates etc.

Half eaten corpes all over the place.

Dead npc diaries, explaining their last days. that can give clues to hidden stashes and locations.

A mouse driven target for the mouse pointer, instead of shooting in the direction so you can deliver head shots using your skills not as an auto thing. Thing assault squad or the old soldiers of heroes.

Creates a player reaction and panic skill level.

Snoring trait.

So far so good guys.

Keep up the great work...

will play another 80 hours worth, then will wait for the finished product. and slide it along side my other future games of, the dead linger, xenonaughts and more.

Some good ideas, but you didn't look far enough :P

Things that produce noise to attract zeds already exist in some mods, as many gear, like explosives and such (although fire is being reworked right now). You can already strip a door from a building to build another one (use an axe to get door hinge and door knob, some planks too). Next build stairs will be fixed and you'll probably be able to join two roofs.

At a point pushing some stuff was implemented and may (will ?) be back.

I did spike traps, but they don't work off the loaded map (no collision detection). So it's a no go for me.

The incoming erosion mod will make the world change around you too. Maybe when more stuff like cars are added, you'll see them get really rusty etc ...

All pretty much planned or already discussed. (would bring threads up there would just be too many.)

Its best not to make massive lists as it is very hard to talk about each one. (they should be consolidated into separate themed threads if there are too many to just have a thread for each.)

Sorry for the long list, as i play a game ideas pop in to my head so i pause and add.

The game has a lot of possible scope.

And look forward to the improvments.

As for mods already out, i was more thinking the features not as mods but actual added game play on the standard game.

Mods are great but if they were part of the vanilla game then all the better.

I am enjoying the game to date :-)