[41.65] [Multiplayer] Discord is "servertest"

centers

Version? 41.65Singleplayer/Multiplayer Multiplayer
• Host or dedicated? Host, Apex Minecraft Hosting
• Mods? None
• Reproduction steps: When server connect to Discord it automatically renames the bot's username to "servertest". Ideally, the Discord integration wouldn't rename the bot at all since that is created in the Discord Developer Portal.

image.png

Edited by centers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I see this issue as well.

Really, when possible, I think the bot name should be decoupled from the server name, anyway. They are different things, after all.

Putting things practically, it isn't quite right if I have to name the server itself "pz-chat" just so the bot can represent itself properly in my Discord server. Can we have the bot name-able in the server config?

As a workaround, you can adapt this command to call a bot nickname change. You'd want to run this every time your server has finished starting. There is also a lockout for bot nickname changes after I think three times within so many minutes, just as a warning. Server start = 1, so you have a couple more tries.

curl -H 'Authorization: Bot your_bot_token_here' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X PATCH -d '{"username": "your_bot_name_here"}' https://discordapp.com/api/users/@me