Project Zomboid Multiplayer?!

HawkenGaming

AHHHHH!!! Devs why dont you understand!!! Multiplayer is a huge appeal. when i tell my friends about PZ they say theyll buy it when multiplayer comes out. One of the first thing anyone asks is multiplayer. If you added multiplayer you would get more sales more sales means more $$$ more $$$ means higher productivity. Basic economics :/

The fact of the matter is, they're not the ones who don't understand. This post just shows that you have a catastrophic, categorical misunderstanding of game development, and is the reason why uninformed people shouldn't give professionals advice about their own jobs.

AHHHHH!!! Devs why dont you understand!!! Multiplayer is a huge appeal. when i tell my friends about PZ they say theyll buy it when multiplayer comes out. One of the first thing anyone asks is multiplayer. If you added multiplayer you would get more sales more sales means more $$$ more $$$ means higher productivity. Basic economics :/

The fact of the matter is, they're not the ones who don't understand. This post just shows that you have a catastrophic, categorical misunderstanding of game development, and is the reason why uninformed people shouldn't give professionals advice about their own jobs.

Give that man a cookie !

Give that man a cookie !

Not just a cookie, but a whole damn tin of the things. A TIN I SAY!

AHHHHH!!! Devs why dont you understand!!! Multiplayer is a huge appeal. when i tell my friends about PZ they say theyll buy it when multiplayer comes out. One  of the first thing anyone asks is multiplayer. If you added multiplayer you would get more sales more sales means more $$$ more $$$ means higher productivity. Basic economics :/

If you were to slap mutliplayer in this game, in this state then you would get something similar to 'WarZ' in terms of polish... (well I think it would still be better than WarZ BUT YOU GET THE POINT I HOPE.)

AHHHHH!!! Devs why dont you understand!!! Multiplayer is a huge appeal. when i tell my friends about PZ they say theyll buy it when multiplayer comes out. One  of the first thing anyone asks is multiplayer. If you added multiplayer you would get more sales more sales means more $$$ more $$$ means higher productivity. Basic economics :/

If you were to slap mutliplayer in this game, in this state then you would get something similar to 'WarZ' in terms of polish... (well I think it would still be better than WarZ BUT YOU GET THE POINT I HOPE.)

Shhhh... We do not speak of such things here.

*Rolls dice*

I'd say 3 more years before the first test-release with Multiplayer...

They wanted to bring out a kind of coop when realeasing on steam, right now its said that it will be implimented shortly after, means i think end of this year but more likely early next year or even mid.

*Rolls dice*

They wanted to bring out a kind of coop when realeasing on steam, right now its said that it will be implimented shortly after, means i think end of this year but more likely early next year or even mid.

That means the splitscreen multiplayer, not online.

*Rolls dice*

Hey, I just rolled some dice... not my fault it gave 1 and 2... xD

My only concern is how tedious it will be for the devs to convert everything so that it can work using client and server, considering the sheer amount of stuff that is already in the game I can imagine this will be really long to do and that's without taking into account all the bugs and problems which will definitely arise during the converting process.  

So before everyone gets too excited and requests they add multiplayer as soon as possible, consider this:

-It won't be perfect on release
-It will bring a load of bugs with it
-Hacking will likely be a big issue to begin with (public servers)
-It will bring a whole new type of player into the fold (the trolls)
-While the game is converted into a multiplayer capable state, there will be little to no content being added

I'm sure there is a lot more negative points.  Now, my advice is to forget multiplayer will ever be added and focus on what we have now.  NPC's will be coming along pretty soon and should fill that void whilst multiplayer is implemented.

My only concern is how tedious it will be for the devs to convert everything so that it can work using client and server, considering the sheer amount of stuff that is already in the game I can imagine this will be really long to do and that's without taking into account all the bugs and problems which will definitely arise during the converting process.  

So before everyone gets too excited and requests they add multiplayer as soon as possible, consider this:

-While the game is converted into a multiplayer capable state, there will be little to no content being added

I'm sure there is a lot more negative points.  Now, my advice is to forget multiplayer will ever be added and focus on what we have now.  NPC's will be coming along pretty soon and should fill that void whilst multiplayer is implemented.

Good thing mine will be whitelisted.  :razz:

Though yeah completely agree, this is a very real and probable possibility. I have a feeling it will make the people who keep screaming that they want it, turn around and be like "We thought it would be better than this!"

It's a lose, lose situation right now.

Good thing mine will be whitelisted.  :razz:

Though yeah completely agree, this is a very real and probable possibility. I have a feeling it will make the people who keep screaming that they want it, turn around and be like "We thought it would be better than this!"

It's a lose, lose situation right now.

Exactly, I don't think people should expect too much from the early multiplayer because it's very very likely going to have a lot of problems and will frustrate players, best to set your expectations low and if it comes out and it's brilliant then you're in for a nice surprise.

I don't care about multiplayer much. The way this game is designed makes multiplayer extremely challenging to implement. I could see a co-op option working but each person changes the world and each world is individual to the single player. You can't have someone just drop-in, much less several people dropping in and out. In a game with two people playing together, what happens if one wants to play and the other is not available?

I could see an online multiplayer option, something like a drop in battle with the survivors stuck in a surrounded house but I don't see that ever working in the "campaign" game. Realistically the campaign game and a drop in game are two different games and I hope they focus everything on perfecting the campaign before they try to add the co-op and multiplayer components. I guess I see three possible versions: single player campaign, co-op campaign, and drop-in multiplayer.

• 4 weeks later...

I personally can't wait for Multiplayer, but the fact of the matter is I have to. Whining and moaning about it will only agitate the Devs and make them either A) Rush it to quell the nuisance and lose profit and valuable time or B) Push back the release date of Multiplayer and give no eta until it's most likely a few weeks away from release. All I really want Multiplayer for is to get into a few RP whitelist servers and set one up with my cousin to play with other family members that own the game as well. 

• 1 month later...