Project Zomboid Multiplayer?!

HawkenGaming

I just recently purchased Project Zomboid just to have another zombie/survival game to have on hand. I've only had the game for a week or so, but just recently found myself looking to when multiplier will be coming out for the game!? I've been reading a lot about the new "RC3", which I don't quite understand what it is. If anyone has any information to when multiplier will be coming out for this game that would be great. Thanks!

~HawkenGaming

There isn't really an ETA on anything. Multiplayer is a planned feature, but we don't know when it will be implemented. The devs will get to it when they get to it. There's a lot of other stuff they need to do before they can even think of dealing with the complication that is multiplayer.

For the record, split screen multiplayer on one computer is already in the game. They will be taking slow steps towards working on a foundation for online multiplayer all along the way in the future, and it's a definite yes for the game; we just don't know when.

As far as RC 3 that was "Release Candidate 3" which was somewhat of an old concept; it was meant to be the update after a long-standing work period where the game was revamped and updated including a new map, new gameplay features, non-player characters, and what's called the "meta game*." Instead of trying to release it all at once, they instead broke it down and released it in parts. 2.9 (the current major version we're on) has the revamped game and new map, but the NPC's and meta-game will be coming a bit down the road.

*More information about the meta-game is available view the old blog posts in the News subforum. It has to do with how the game controls NPC's, zombies, and related events when they aren't on the screen.

For a reference guide to things that are planned for Project Zomboid feel free to check out http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/ for a general idea of what to expect in the future (and what not to expect).

I just recently purchased Project Zomboid just to have another zombie/survival game to have on hand. I've only had the game for a week or so, but just recently found myself looking to when multiplier will be coming out for the game!? I've been reading a lot about the new "RC3", which I don't quite understand what it is. If anyone has any information to when multiplier will be coming out for this game that would be great. Thanks!

~HawkenGaming

My anguish can only be displayed in images.

1350391707535.jpg

1311598944677.jpg

For the record, split screen multiplayer on one computer is already in the game. They will be taking slow steps towards working on a foundation for online multiplayer all along the way in the future, and it's a definite yes for the game; we just don't know when.

As far as RC 3 that was "Release Candidate 3" which was somewhat of an old concept; it was meant to be the update after a long-standing work period where the game was revamped and updated including a new map, new gameplay features, non-player characters, and what's called the "meta game*." Instead of trying to release it all at once, they instead broke it down and released it in parts. 2.9 (the current major version we're on) has the revamped game and new map, but the NPC's and meta-game will be coming a bit down the road.

*More information about the meta-game is available view the old blog posts in the News subforum. It has to do with how the game controls NPC's, zombies, and related events when they aren't on the screen.

For a reference guide to things that are planned for Project Zomboid feel free to check out http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/ for a general idea of what to expect in the future (and what not to expect).

Now how do I play split screen?

To expand on Rath's comment, the multiplayer will be done in segments as it is a huge project. Also, feel free to ask any more questions! We won't bite, well... the infected ones will.

And to play split screen get a friend, get a controller and connect them to your pc then start the game and press the select button and voila!

To expand on Rath's comment, the multiplayer will be done in segments as it is a huge project. Also, feel free to ask any more questions! We won't bite, well... the infected ones will.

And to play split screen get a friend, get a controller and connect them to your pc then start the game and press the select button and voila!

1) How does adding more content in the current version and releasing updates with new features allow the developers to gradually convert the game to multiplayer?

2) Are they dropping any hints on the progress they're making with having online co-op in the game?

1) How does adding more content in the current version and releasing updates with new features allow the developers to gradually convert the game to multiplayer?

2) Are they dropping any hints on the progress they're making with having online co-op in the game?

1)The game wasn't originally coded with multiplayer in mind. The short story is, it just doesn't handle data the way it needs to for network use. They've been/planning on recoding parts to do this.

2) They usually have developer updates on the main page, just keep an eye out for them. (They're also dated as well!).

1)The game wasn't originally coded with multiplayer in mind. The short story is, it just doesn't handle data the way it needs to for network use. They've been/planning on recoding parts to do this.

2) They usually have developer updates on the main page, just keep an eye out for them. (They're also dated as well!).

Considering I was planning on buying this game with multiplayer in mind, I find it a bit discouraging that I can't find any sign of progress being made after such a long time towards this particular feature.

Is there anything they've said that would indicate they're closer to finishing a co-op mode than they were at any other point?

Considering I was planning on buying this game with multiplayer in mind, I find it a bit discouraging that I can't find any sign of progress being made after such a long time.

Is there anything they've said that would indicate they're closer to finishing a co-op mode than they were at any other point?

Split-screen is co-op and is also very useful for progressing towards LAN or even online multiplayer. So that's something.

Really you just need to enjoy the game for what it is now and not dwell to much what you want it to be in the future.

Considering I was planning on buying this game with multiplayer in mind, I find it a bit discouraging that I can't find any sign of progress being made after such a long time.

yepp they did. before releasing the 2.9 versions they did an overhaul to the whole engine with multiplayer in mind. though they are still far away, so dont expect anything this year. I guess they will show us something multiplayer related early next year

Also remember that just because you can't actually see their progress doesn't mean it's not there. As said above, it wasn't ever built around multiplayer, rather singleplayer, and it'll take time to convert it over.

The way I see it though, SP will always be PZ's strong point, not MP.

Split-screen is co-op and is also very useful for progressing towards LAN or even online multiplayer. So that's something.

Really you just need to enjoy the game for what it is now and not dwell to much what you want it to be in the future.

Quoted before I could change it. Hopefully won't get flak for being mistaken for saying they haven't added anything, considering they have put a lot of work in.

Yeah I guess. The closest I can get to actual online co-op at the moment is starting with a couple of friends at the same time to see who survives the longest.

Considering I was planning on buying this game with multiplayer in mind, I find it a bit discouraging that I can't find any sign of progress being made after such a long time towards this particular feature.

If you're buying the game for online multiplayer, you might want to wait until it's actually implemented, which won't be soon. Otherwise you're in for a disappointment.

I too await Multi-Player with baited breath but I am consumed by this thing called "Patience", Patience is a rare condition that was more common in "The olden days". A decrease in humans with Patience has been observed over the last several decades and is believed to be caused by a disease called "Self-Entitlement" which unfortunately remains uncured.

I too await Multi-Player with baited breath but I am consumed by this thing called "Patience", Patience is a rare condition that was more common in "The olden days". A decrease in humans with Patience has been observed over the last several decades and is believed to be caused by a disease called "Self-Entitlement" which unfortunately remains uncured.

Asking the community questions on whether information exists on how close planned features are to being in the game, isn't self-entitlement.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My game keeps on chrashing if i try to add another player or take over controll of player one. Is the multiplayer bugged or do i have to get a new Gamepad?

so long Axo

The splitscreen multiplayer on the whole isn't very reliable right now, so there's little point in playing it. Also this is an incredibly old topic to be posting into. :)

AHHHHH!!! Devs why dont you understand!!! Multiplayer is a huge appeal. when i tell my friends about PZ they say theyll buy it when multiplayer comes out. One  of the first thing anyone asks is multiplayer. If you added multiplayer you would get more sales more sales means more $$$ more $$$ means higher productivity. Basic economics :/