Lower the amount of sprinters used in the sandbox's "random" speed option.

bliss

I gotchu bro, install this mod and you can decide the exact percentage of shamblers, crawlers, walkers, and sprinters to spawn. I usually set the sprinters at about 5%, so there's at least one in every group

Workshop ID: 1992785456
Mod ID: CustomizableZombies

• 3 months later...

I totally agree. When I chose random, I though an even quantity of the 3 types of zeds would spawn, but after many games with that setting, it feels like 50% are sprinters, 35% are fast shamblers and the remaining 15% are shamblers.
I don't know if it's really how it's split between the 3 types, but that's definitively how it feels. It's a bit too much for a solo game, considering that the sprinters also have a very noticable superior attack speed.

I wanted to spice things up a bit, not chew a whole handful of ghost peppers. ^^' And I don't feel like setting the zombies on the "fragile" setting, because then it's too easy.

For comparison, I also put "random" on the cogition settings, and I don't feel like I see many of those zeds able to open doors.

By definition something that is RANDOM is unspecified. Random things can be:
Events
Personalities
Numbers
A tone of other things
Most of the time you'll use logic, math or both to solve randomness of certain things (if possible).
If someone you know has a 120 year old family member and they die, that death wouldn't be random to anyone who knew him. Logically they knew that the person was very old and their end was nearing, but ther's only one thing random and that' s the time of the death, you can't pinpoint the time only specualte therefore the time is random.
Lottey and gambling in general are a business in which majority loses while one may win and in between 1.000.000 people that 1 could be you (you can see on what shear level of randomness this thing is played), but owners get a profit 100% guaranteed.
Now if there are 10 zombies and zombie speed is set to random speed, by randomness all 10 of them can be sprinters, it's very much unspecified (RANDOM) but mathematical odds that all 10 of them are 100% sprinters is very low and MUCH MORE LOWER with larger numbers - in 100 zom let alone 1000 zom and so on.
There's another factor that's being played here. You don't really care about those 15 shamblers that noticed you, it'll take them an hour to reach you, those 7 fast shamblers COULD become a problem, but when 4 spriners noticed you and swarmed you in seconds it made you angry "Why so many wtf" you said.
You're going through a phase known as being salty, but don't blame it on the randomness of stuff, you can try random zombie speeds on builder mode through sandbox, it will give you time to breathe and it won't seem as if devs hired "specified" amount of sprinter zombies to kill you.

On 5/4/2022 at 1:49 PM, The Nine Tailed Fox said:

By definition something that is RANDOM is unspecified.

If it's truely random, when a zed spawns, it has 1/3 chances to be one of the three types. What multiple games seemed to show, it is that it's not the case. But I agree that I can be wrong on this (I didn't make a rigorous statistic study of 5000 zeds), that's why I specifically said "how it feels".
Now bare with me, because it will become technical:
Randomness doesn't mean unspecified. Indeed, you can adjust the probabilities of a random event. For instance, if one code that a zed, upon spawning, has 20% chances to be a sprinter, 40% chances to be a fast chambler and 30% to be a shambler, its type will still be random. However, on a large scale, statistics will show that there is not an equal quantity of each type.

On 5/4/2022 at 1:49 PM, The Nine Tailed Fox said:

it made you angry "Why so many wtf" you said.
You're going through a phase known as being salty,

First of all, no I didn't, and no I'm not. And then... Gosh, you're really trying to be toxic. What happened? Did someone pissed you off today and now you think that you have to talk this way to random strangers?

Edited by Mork
words

On 5/9/2022 at 4:34 AM, Mork said:

If it's truely random, when a zed spawns, it has 1/3 chances to be one of the three types. What multiple games seemed to show, it is that it's not the case. But I agree that I can be wrong on this (I didn't make a rigorous statistic study of 5000 zeds), that's why I specifically said "how it feels".
Now bare with me, because it will become technical:
Randomness doesn't mean unspecified. Indeed, you can adjust the probabilities of a random event. For instance, if one code that a zed, upon spawning, has 20% chances to be a sprinter, 40% chances to be a fast chambler and 30% to be a shambler, its type will still be random. However, on a large scale, statistics will show that there is not an equal quantity of each type.

First of all, no I didn't, and no I'm not. And then... Gosh, you're really trying to be toxic. What happened? Did someone pissed you off today and now you think that you have to talk this way to random strangers?

Sorry this has to be a missunderstanding, at no point in time have I ever replied or written anything to you, this is just my "overall" opinion on the post "LOWER THE AMOUNT OF SPRINTERS USED IN THE SANDBOX'S "RANDOM" SPEED OPTION." which sounds is if someone's setting this guy up.

7 minutes ago, The Nine Tailed Fox said:

at no point in time have I ever replied or written anything to you

Wow. You made all this post and this conclusion about being in a "salty phase" and all, just based on his one sentence? Even worse than I thought.

Also, I don't know if you wrote the title big enough. Maybe it just lacks some exclamations marks for enhanced flavor.

2 hours ago, Mork said:

Wow. You made all this post and this conclusion about being in a "salty phase" and all, just based on his one sentence? Even worse than I thought.

Also, I don't know if you wrote the title big enough. Maybe it just lacks some exclamations marks for enhanced flavor.

Oh man, I've just noticed why you're being so overly dramatic, well good day to you too sir/lady/it,