[ 05/01 - Build 23/26 - SP & MP ] - Drip irrigation farming

Kyun

I went through and did some minor edits to the mod, here's my changes:

• Changed all display text/menu text from "Garden Hose" to "Water Pipe"
  • Changed "Barrel infos" to "Barrel Status"
  • Added "toolstore" as a good place to find Water Pipes

Download my changes here.

Edit: Whoops! Missed a "Barrels Infos" reference. Link changed to updated version.

Getting this Error for MP for current version of PZ .

post-1716-0-89502700-1427418761_thumb.jp

Also failed to load \waterPipes\drip_irrigation_model.png

The version linked to above works for me (31.10) with one cravat

* After you have built a rain collector/barrel you need to reload before it works (get converted to the new obejcts on load), if you connect to pipes before the reload it will quickly drain all the water from your pipe network.

So i haven't been able to do anything with this mod yet, as i'm not sure how it works. Assuming i need to find hoses and such? I don't have anything when i right click like building barrels and such. Or the water tower thing. So not sure?

Also when i'm out looting i haven't found any hoses if that's the case.

So was looking around in files and in the server folder rain barrel is .bak file is that meant to be? Just wondering cause i'm not getting any options in MP for the mod it seems.

Using BC's version.

Oh, I forgot to remove that .bak file. That doesn't hurt, though.

You can check if the mod works by right-clicking on any barrel. If you get the "Garden Hoses" menu with the "Barrel Infos" suboption, then it works.

You can then check the exact level of water in the barrel, pour water into it from pots/bottles/etc. and add fertilizer.

If you have neither of these options, then check your console.txt for errors.

So was looking around in files and in the server folder rain barrel is .bak file is that meant to be? Just wondering cause i'm not getting any options in MP for the mod it seems.

Using BC's version.

Hmm don't see a reply? was just looking around as to why i'm not getting any options for the mod? And was wondering if that could be why?

Using BC's version.

Hmm don't see a reply? was just looking around as to why i'm not getting any options for the mod? And was wondering if that could be why?

See above, I accidentally clicked post before adding any text. Here it is again:

Oh, I forgot to remove that .bak file. That doesn't hurt, though.

You can check if the mod works by right-clicking on any barrel. If you get the "Garden Hoses" menu with the "Barrel Infos" suboption, then it works.

You can then check the exact level of water in the barrel, pour water into it from pots/bottles/etc. and add fertilizer.

If you have neither of these options, then check your console.txt for errors.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a question when running this mod does it ignore the dirty water attribute when filling bottles/pots/buckets?

I was not sure as I drank water by accident (left a full pot of water filled from a small water container in my inventory for a couple days) that had not been boiled yet and was fine.

Request for help regarding this mod.

when i have this mod installed i constantly get..

"no pipe on right click"

"no barrell on right click"

I can not build the pipe network for gardening.

Please help, most likely this is noob error.

Just a question when running this mod does it ignore the dirty water attribute when filling bottles/pots/buckets?

I was not sure as I drank water by accident (left a full pot of water filled from a small water container in my inventory for a couple days) that had not been boiled yet and was fine.

That's entirely possible. This mod was created before the dirty water came into play and it just might override it.

Request for help regarding this mod.

when i have this mod installed i constantly get..

"no pipe on right click"

"no barrell on right click"

I can not build the pipe network for gardening.

Please help, most likely this is noob error.

The messages can safely be ignored, they're meaningless for your problem.

I can't reproduce it here, but it might happen if:

You have no garden hose equipped

Select the Place option in the rightclick-button and then quickly select where to place it

ie: there's a race condition: if you click to place the tile BEFORE you finished equipping the garden hose in your off hand, it won't work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Malaras said:

Hello again, looking to get back into this again... Can anyone confirm if this mod is still working. Or if there is any other farming mods available? For 37.4

i can't say ive used it in a lonnng time. Farmings been changed so to require WAY less maintenance, such that I water crops probably twice over their whole lifecycle and rain does the rest, usually.