[ 05/01 - Build 23/26 - SP & MP ] - Drip irrigation farming

Kyun

• 2 weeks later...

So I am getting this error now on the server console

WaterPipe.areConnected : SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN !
WaterPipe.areConnected : TWO ITEMS ON SAME SQUARE
WaterPipe.areConnected : SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN !
WaterPipe.areConnected : TWO ITEMS ON SAME SQUARE

The question is how do I find out which tile that is.

i have no idea what i'm doing wrong here.

i've gone into the steam/steamapps/common/projectzomboid folder and tried to place it there. it wants me to over write 22 files, when the OP clearly say only 2 files to overwrite. for MP use.

is anyone else running into this?

So tried to remove all the Garden houses to see which tile it is and getting this error when trying to move 2 garden hose tiles.

attempted index: x of non-table: null
-----------------------------------------
STACK TRACE
function: onPickUp -- file: zpipe.lua line # 168
function: pickUp -- file: waterPipesCommands.lua line # 8
function: OnClientCommand -- file: waterPipesCommands.lua line # 24
attempted index: x of non-table: null---------------------------------
STACK TRACE
function: onPickUp -- file: zpipe.lua line # 168
function: pickUp -- file: waterPipesCommands.lua line # 8
function: OnClientCommand -- file: waterPipesCommands.lua line # 24

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to use your mod, it looks like a great improvement over the vanilla farming.

However, I have the same issue described by others earlier:

On the Steam build 26, I do find stuff like water hoses (i.e. the mod is loaded and basically does "something"), but:

• In the "Build" context menu, I do not see any options related to "Garden Hoses"
  • I cannot build rain barrels anymore, even when I have all required ingredients (the text shows up white, but when I click it for building, the transparent placement barrel does not occur - looks like the click on the menu item never does anything)

For the record, to rule out any issues with updates / upgrading from the Demo to the Full version, I de-installed the game, manually removed all folders (in Steam, as well as in my user profile) and re-installed build 26 directly - no luck :-(

I'm very grateful for any help!

Hi,

maybe this information helps:

In "waterPipes/media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/RainCollectorBarrel.lua", I added the following line at the top (at line 5):

require "BuildingObjects/ISBuildingObject"

Now, there's no more Lua/Java exceptions when initializing, and I can place rain barrels again. I've not been able to test the irrigation facilities, however (I don't see any menu entries, but that might also be because I am missing ingredients, at the moment).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I cant build rain collectors. Im having the same trouble as Tobi wan kenobi was having, i can see the rain collector in the build menu but nothing happens when i click it.

i tried adding that code in he suggested in a later post, but im not sure if im doing it right.

I cant build rain collectors. Im having the same trouble as Tobi wan kenobi was having, i can see the rain collector in the build menu but nothing happens when i click it.

i tried adding that code in he suggested in a later post, but im not sure if im doing it right.

Rain Collectors should be part of the base game by now and unaffected by this mod. If you have trouble with them, it should be reported in the PZ Support forum.

Rain Collectors should be part of the base game by now and unaffected by this mod. If you have trouble with them, it should be reported in the PZ Support forum.

They were working before i installed this mod, so its probably this mod braking the rain collectors

This mod does not work for me on build 28.

I can enter the menu and select the hose type i want to place, but when i click on a spot to place it, nothing happen. The sprite just get stuck on that plot of land.

What does work is that it will auto equip it to my secondary.

Once i left click or right click somewhere else, the sprite disappeared. Then i can't do anything except to build something or sleep. (This might be a bug i have for something else since after i use sledgehammer on anything this will also happen.

This mod does not work for me on build 28.

I can enter the menu and select the hose type i want to place, but when i click on a spot to place it, nothing happen. The sprite just get stuck on that plot of land.

What does work is that it will auto equip it to my secondary.

Once i left click or right click somewhere else, the sprite disappeared. Then i can't do anything except to build something or sleep. (This might be a bug i have for something else since after i use sledgehammer on anything this will also happen.

Hi. Please try this version, it works with build 28.3 for me: https://oc.anderdonau.de/public.php?service=files&t=02cfc27b12f88ade327261b5e496177d

Dunno if it means something to you, but still was not able to build a barrel - same as before, i can choose it in menu, i got all needed skills and items but just nothing happens on click.

Also, i turned off all mods except irrigation - same result, so no conflicts possible

STACK TRACE

function: onCreateBarrel -- file: ISBuildManu.lua line  # 627

function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78

Dunno if it means something to you, but still was not able to build a barrel - same as before, i can choose it in menu, i got all needed skills and items but just nothing happens on click.

Also, i turned off all mods except irrigation - same result, so no conflicts possible

STACK TRACE

Have you try making a new world?

Also the water code does not work and the problem lies in this line

for _, plant in ipairs(planting[id]) do						print(">>I AM IN PART A-4");						plant.waterLvl = plant.waterLvl + 1;												if plant.waterLvl > 100 then							plant.waterLvl = 100;						end						plant.lastWaterHour = basicFarming.hoursElapsed;						print(">>Last water timed = " .. plant.lastWaterHour);												-- for debug, plant grow every 2 hours						-- if plant.nbOfGrow <= 7 then							-- growPlant(plant, basicFarming.playerData["planting:" .. plant.id .. ":nextGrowing"], false);						-- end												if fertilizer and plant.state ~= "plow" and plant:isAlive() then							if plant.fertilizer < 4  then								plant.fertilizer = plant.fertilizer + 1;								plant.nextGrowing = plant.nextGrowing - 20;								if plant.nextGrowing < 1 then									plant.nextGrowing = 1;								end							else -- too much fertilizer and our plant die !								basicFarming.rottenThis(plant);							end						end												basicFarming.saveData(plant)					end

in waterPlant function.

It would appear that planting[] is empty for some reason

Edit: Also the water is being deducted form the barrel as well, just the plant aren't being watered

STACK TRACE

Have you try making a new world?

for _, plant in ipairs(planting[id]) do						print(">>I AM IN PART A-4");						plant.waterLvl = plant.waterLvl + 1;												if plant.waterLvl > 100 then							plant.waterLvl = 100;						end						plant.lastWaterHour = basicFarming.hoursElapsed;						print(">>Last water timed = " .. plant.lastWaterHour);												-- for debug, plant grow every 2 hours						-- if plant.nbOfGrow <= 7 then							-- growPlant(plant, basicFarming.playerData["planting:" .. plant.id .. ":nextGrowing"], false);						-- end												if fertilizer and plant.state ~= "plow" and plant:isAlive() then							if plant.fertilizer < 4  then								plant.fertilizer = plant.fertilizer + 1;								plant.nextGrowing = plant.nextGrowing - 20;								if plant.nextGrowing < 1 then									plant.nextGrowing = 1;								end							else -- too much fertilizer and our plant die !								basicFarming.rottenThis(plant);							end						end												basicFarming.saveData(plant)					end

in waterPlant function.

It would appear that planting[] is empty for some reason

Edit: Also the water is being deducted form the barrel as well, just the plant aren't being watered

Sure, i restart the world before every new try.

STACK TRACE

in waterPlant function.

I have no idea where that file is. It is neither in the waterPipes mod, nor in the base game:

[05:29:03][blindcoder@flora:~/Zomboid/mods/waterPipes]$ grep "I AM IN PART A-4" . -R[05:29:06][ret:1][blindcoder@flora:~/Zomboid/mods/waterPipes]$[05:29:08][blindcoder@flora:~]$ cd .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/[05:29:15][blindcoder@flora:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid]$ grep "I AM IN PART A-4" . -R[05:29:21][ret:1][blindcoder@flora:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid]$

Also, the files dko112 mentioned are not part of waterPipes mod:

[05:31:13][blindcoder@flora:~/Zomboid/mods/waterPipes]$ find . -name ISBuildMenu.lua[05:31:30][blindcoder@flora:~/Zomboid/mods/waterPipes]$ find . -name ISContextMenu.lua[05:31:38][blindcoder@flora:~/Zomboid/mods/waterPipes]$