[ 05/01 - Build 23/26 - SP & MP ] - Drip irrigation farming

Kyun

I too also get errors when trying to build a Rain Collector Barrel, both kinds. Same error output as above.

I also noticed none of the item icons would display properly until I changed the getTexture entries in WaterPipes.lua (lines 24 through 35) to have the prefix "Item_" (i.e. Item_WaterPipe.png instead of WaterPipe.png")

I too also get errors when trying to build a Rain Collector Barrel, both kinds. Same error output as above.

I also noticed none of the item icons would display properly until I changed the getTexture entries in WaterPipes.lua (lines 24 through 35) to have the prefix "Item_" (i.e. Item_WaterPipe.png instead of WaterPipe.png")

Tomorrow, or at most in a couple of days, I'll will try upload on this thread a updated and fully functional version of this mod. I hope you find it useful.

Tomorrow, or at most in a couple of days, I'll will try upload on this thread a updated and fully functional version of this mod. I hope you find it useful.

That would be pretty sweet! I have unfortunately lost interest in maintaining this, but I'd like to keep using it :-)

If you change things, please note that this mod behaves badly in one aspect: It's overwriting ISTakeWaterAction. Changing this into extending instead of overwriting it would make it interoperate much better with other mods (dirtyWater for example, *cough*).

My farms could really use the updated version of this mod... here's hoping Maska_zgz comes through with that update.

Sorry for the delay. This week I've been terribly busy with my work and social life. Yesterday I was doing the last tests and it seems that everything works perfectly. Today I'll upload the updated version of the mod.

My farms could really use the updated version of this mod... here's hoping Maska_zgz comes through with that update.

Sorry for the delay. This week I've been terribly busy with my work and social life. Yesterday I was doing the last tests and it seems that everything works perfectly. Today I'll upload the updated version of the mod.

Life and Work always comes first, man. Your efforts for the updates are not going unappreciated. My crops will thank you too!

Life and Work always comes first, man. Your efforts for the updates are not going unappreciated. My crops will thank you too!

Thank You. I just got a PM from blindcoder with some exciting changes that can help with compatibility with other mods. I will study these changes and perform some tests before upload the mod to the forum. Just need to wait a little longer. Patience. ;)

Thank you very much to Blindcoder by this!

I apologize for taking so long to upload the mod to the forum. This is the version I use, without apparent problems. I have not had time to review the lua files of Blindcoder, so still will not upload these to the forum. As soon as I have some free time, I will do. I'm having very terrible days, without time for anything. Even updating my mods goes horribly slow ...

If anyone has a problem with this mod, please report.

http://bit.ly/182MseJ

I apologize for taking so long to upload the mod to the forum. This is the version I use, without apparent problems. I have not had time to review the lua files of Blindcoder, so still will not upload these to the forum. As soon as I have some free time, I will do. I'm having very terrible days, without time for anything. Even updating my mods goes horribly slow ...

If anyone has a problem with this mod, please report.

http://bit.ly/182MseJ

Can this be loaded with the "standard" Users/"user"/Zomboid/mods/ method?

Can this be loaded with the "standard" Users/"user"/Zomboid/mods/ method?

Of course. You must delete the folder from the previous version and then copy the waterpipes folder (not waterpipes30.16) in the folder:

Users / "user" / Zomboid / mods /

Then you must ensure that the mod is enabled correctly in the game.

In Single-player testing, everything seems to be working great so far. Barrels craftable, pipe being laid out and watering crops, even filling barrels when you run a pipe from a sink directly.

I can add NPK Fertilizer and have it distributed properly, no problem. Not quite sure how to make Fertilizer from Food though. I know you need at least 4 food sources, wondering if you need different kinds instead of 4 of the same item.

Very minor error: The icon for Garden Hose in NecroForge doesn't display properly.

Multiplayer Testing, every looks great as well. Figured out that you do need 4 DIFFERENT kinds of food to make fertilizer, not 4 of the same thing (i.e. 4 Steaks)

Honestly, everything makes more sense to call it "Water Pipes" through the whole code and menus, rather than "Garden Hoses". To me at least, they certainly look more like pipes, rather than a garden hose.

In Single-player testing, everything seems to be working great so far. Barrels craftable, pipe being laid out and watering crops, even filling barrels when you run a pipe from a sink directly.

I can add NPK Fertilizer and have it distributed properly, no problem. Not quite sure how to make Fertilizer from Food though. I know you need at least 4 food sources, wondering if you need different kinds instead of 4 of the same item.

Very minor error: The icon for Garden Hose in NecroForge doesn't display properly.

Is this mod available on build 30.16?

I have encountered this in dirtyWater, too, the trick is to use the complete path to the file in the setup, so "media/textures/Item_PipeCornerNE.png" must go in there.
does this mod require to start a new game?

Yes, this mod is for build 30.16.

I have encountered this in dirtyWater, too, the trick is to use the complete path to the file in the setup, so "media/textures/Item_PipeCornerNE.png" must go in there.

No. No is necessary a new game. But the items only appear in not previously looted buildings.

Yes, this mod is for build 30.16.

No. No is necessary a new game. But the items only appear in not previously looted buildings.

that's great.

I went through and did some minor edits to the mod, here's my changes:

• Changed all display text/menu text from "Garden Hose" to "Water Pipe"
  • Changed "Barrel infos" to "Barrel Status"
  • Added "toolstore" as a good place to find Water Pipes

Download my changes here.

Edit: Whoops! Missed a "Barrels Infos" reference. Link changed to updated version.

Edited by TheRezAbides

I went through and did some minor edits to the mod, here's my changes:

• Changed all display text/menu text from "Garden Hose" to "Water Pipe"
  • Changed "Barrel infos" to "Barrel Status"
  • Added "toolstore" as a good place to find Water Pipes

Download my changes here.

Very good changes!  ;)

Hey, I just installed this mod on my server but when I add it, it makes my sink still work even when the water is shut off. I tested the server settings so that electricity and water is shut off on day one but I can still drink from the sink when this mod is added. How can I fix this?

Hey, I just installed this mod on my server but when I add it, it makes my sink still work even when the water is shut off. I tested the server settings so that electricity and water is shut off on day one but I can still drink from the sink when this mod is added. How can I fix this?

Hmm, you can drink from the sink a few times after the water is shut off.

Try filling some container and pouring it back out a few times to confirm. The way water in pipes works has changed in Build 31 IIRC.

Ok it's fine now. First time experiencing the water turning off so I thought it just happens automatically like with the power. I stopped getting water from the sink. Thanks!

Edit: I also found out that I can't pour water on the ground. When I filled my bowl with water I see the option to pour on the ground but when I click it, nothing happens. The only options I can do are equipping the bowl or droping it.

Edit again: Nevermind... it was an issue with another mod I installed.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed this mod and would really like it to work. Idk how to use it though, or how it works? I set up a rain collector barrel next to my crops and I see the menu to check my water level and to pour into the barrel for the WaterPipe menu.... but how do I get the water from the rain collector to my crops? All I have is a "rubber hose" in my inventory... I see some people talking about pipes and garden hoses. What do I need to set up to get the water from the rain collector to my crops?