[ 05/01 - Build 23/26 - SP & MP ] - Drip irrigation farming

Kyun

So I am getting an odd glitch with this mod in Build 29. When attempting to destroy a wall or any carpentry, I get a stack trace error that just continues in the console for the game, but not the server itself.

I am trying to destroy one of the walls in the gunshop to get into it, I have a sledge hammer equipped but this is what gets spammed in the console. I am currently running 29.3

-----------------------------------------
STACK TRACE
function: perform -- file: ISDestroyStuffAction.lua line # 81
Object tried to call nil in perform-----------------------------------------
STACK TRACE
function: perform -- file: ISDestroyStuffAction.lua line # 81

I tested all my mods and this one is whats causing the error, even though none of the mod files replace that particular lua file?

The problem is with 'thumpables' for this mod and the Builder Mod, on build 29. I've only glanced at it long enough to know it doesn't work, but it appears that any time a destroy item function is called it cycles through all of the items that are destroyable and the buildable items in both mods are called with deprecated code... I think.

Even though the ISDestroyStuffAction.lua file is not updated with the mod, it does house functions that are called by files that are in the mod. When the function doesn't mesh with the information that is called from the mod, the file that has the function spits back the error, not the file that supplied information to the function.

I had planned on eventually looking into this more -- I want both mods in my little compilation mod -- but hoped that someone would beat me to it...

I edited the RainCollectorBarrel.lua of the mod with a bit of copy and paste from the original PZ file with the same name and it seems to work now. I can destroy walls with the mod active.

The Forum doesn't let me attach lua files for some reason so I changed it from RainCollectorBarrel.lua to RainCollectorBarrel.txt. Just rename it from .txt to .lua and you should be fine.

RainCollectorBarrel.txt

I edited the RainCollectorBarrel.lua of the mod with a bit of copy and paste from the original PZ file with the same name and it seems to work now. I can destroy walls with the mod active.

The Forum doesn't let me attach lua files for some reason so I changed it from RainCollectorBarrel.lua to RainCollectorBarrel.txt. Just rename it from .txt to .lua and you should be fine.

Awesome!

I've included your file with just a minor change (kept the require line in place) in this download:

https://oc.anderdonau.de/public.php?service=files&t=b092389c211e4cb2b0f84ca9a3cc6c5b

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!

I've included your file with just a minor change (kept the require line in place) in this download:

https://oc.anderdonau.de/public.php?service=files&t=b092389c211e4cb2b0f84ca9a3cc6c5b

I belive after the last update something is broken in this mod. I mean no errors or somthing, but the plants and the soil stays dry so far i can see.

I belive after the last update something is broken in this mod. I mean no errors or somthing, but the plants and the soil stays dry so far i can see.

Did you water the plants once? The mod doesn't give new water to the plants but replenishes only the water that gets lost over time. So you have to water the plants manually at the beginning.

Now that I think about it, I didn't do farming since the 29.3 update...

• 2 weeks later...

You may find pipes in containers you have not opened yet. Others got their items choosed at random (with some probability) the first time you opened them.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? I made a sweep of places I haven't checked before, and I haven't found any pipes, hoses, or anything new. I get the new context menu when I right-click on a barrel, but the only options are "barrel infos" and "pour water". Nothing at all about pipes/hoses when right-clicking anywhere else.

If they're not spawning in containers, are they craftable?

edit: Nevermind, it was the Sustain mod

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have updated this to build 30.16, but haven't yet made extensive tests

https://oc.anderdonau.de/public.php?service=files&t=73cd7f5e415f45d173acb8b3f0f31a04

I copy "media" folder to installation path to my and friend comp, but we have an error when playd on local server and tried to build rain collector barrel (carpentry 2). Version 30.16

6789987.png

update

I cant test it now, but mb its because original string from RainCollectorBarrel:getHealth()

return 200 + buildUtil.getWoodHealth(self);

was changed to 

return 200 + buildUtil.getWoodHealth(getSpecificPlayer(self.player));

in this mod? I will try it.