[ 05/01 - Build 23/26 - SP & MP ] - Drip irrigation farming

Kyun

Dunno if it means something to you, but still was not able to build a barrel - same as before, i can choose it in menu, i got all needed skills and items but just nothing happens on click.

Also, i turned off all mods except irrigation - same result, so no conflicts possible

STACK TRACE

function: onCreateBarrel -- file: ISBuildManu.lua line  # 627
function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78

Also the water code does not work and the problem lies in this line

for _, plant in ipairs(planting[id]) do						print(">>I AM IN PART A-4");						plant.waterLvl = plant.waterLvl + 1;												if plant.waterLvl > 100 then							plant.waterLvl = 100;						end						plant.lastWaterHour = basicFarming.hoursElapsed;						print(">>Last water timed = " .. plant.lastWaterHour);												-- for debug, plant grow every 2 hours						-- if plant.nbOfGrow <= 7 then							-- growPlant(plant, basicFarming.playerData["planting:" .. plant.id .. ":nextGrowing"], false);						-- end												if fertilizer and plant.state ~= "plow" and plant:isAlive() then							if plant.fertilizer < 4  then								plant.fertilizer = plant.fertilizer + 1;								plant.nextGrowing = plant.nextGrowing - 20;								if plant.nextGrowing < 1 then									plant.nextGrowing = 1;								end							else -- too much fertilizer and our plant die !								basicFarming.rottenThis(plant);							end						end												basicFarming.saveData(plant)					end

in waterPlant function.

I have no idea where that file is. It is neither in the waterPipes mod, nor in the base game:

[05:29:03][blindcoder@flora:~/Zomboid/mods/waterPipes]$ grep "I AM IN PART A-4" . -R[05:29:06][ret:1][blindcoder@flora:~/Zomboid/mods/waterPipes]$[05:29:08][blindcoder@flora:~]$ cd .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/[05:29:15][blindcoder@flora:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid]$ grep "I AM IN PART A-4" . -R[05:29:21][ret:1][blindcoder@flora:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid]$

Also, the files dko112 mentioned are not part of waterPipes mod:

[05:31:13][blindcoder@flora:~/Zomboid/mods/waterPipes]$ find . -name ISBuildMenu.lua[05:31:30][blindcoder@flora:~/Zomboid/mods/waterPipes]$ find . -name ISContextMenu.lua[05:31:38][blindcoder@flora:~/Zomboid/mods/waterPipes]$

Sorry, that was mistake on my part. I did not know you need to place the pipe on top of the crop for it to work.

At this point in time, i can confirm that this mod work as intended on version 28.3.

At this point in time, i can confirm that this mod work as intended on version 28.3.

Sorry, that was mistake on my part. I did not know you need to place the pipe on top of the crop for it to work.

Great that you can confirm it, but here's a bugfix release anyway. Without this, you need a hammer in the inventory to lay pipes. It never happened to me, because I always carry one around.

https://oc.anderdonau.de/public.php?service=files&t=1b122a2403b36e5fda8d7b67edf620ea

Wel at least we know the reason why i had issues. Is there a way u can fix it for multiplayer? Maybe i can help somehow?

It's probably something pretty minor, but I've just fixed this mod as far as I saw it broken, I have next to no knowledge about PZ modding, tbh.

Uh, you slready made some fixes? I tried same link - nothing changed.

Wel at least we know the reason why i had issues. Is there a way u can fix it for multiplayer? Maybe i can help somehow?

It's probably something pretty minor, but I've just fixed this mod as far as I saw it broken, I have next to no knowledge about PZ modding, tbh.

Uh, you slready made some fixes? I tried same link - nothing changed.

No, I meant the changes I made so far, to fix it for single player offline. The API for getSpecificPlayer seems to have changed in 28, that's what I fixed, but nothing related to online playing.

function: onCreatBarrel -- file: ISBuildMenu.lua line # 629

attempted index: new of non-table: null----

thats what i get when i try to build one

thank you for working on this btw :)

im gating same, but no idea how to fix it.

im gating same, but no idea how to fix it.

Can you post me the console.log file of one such attempt? Both server and client?

Client Side

Player Connect received for player admin id 0 (me)no pipe on right clickno barrel on right clickNo valid door to open.-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: new of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onCreateBarrel -- file: ISBuildMenu.lua line # 627function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78attempted index: new of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onCreateBarrel -- file: ISBuildMenu.lua line # 627function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: new of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onCreateBarrel -- file: ISBuildMenu.lua line # 627function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78attempted index: new of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onCreateBarrel -- file: ISBuildMenu.lua line # 627function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: new of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onCreateBarrel -- file: ISBuildMenu.lua line # 627function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78attempted index: new of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onCreateBarrel -- file: ISBuildMenu.lua line # 627function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78RemoveItemFromMap: sq is null or index is invalidno pipe on right clickno barrel on right clickNo valid door to open.-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: new of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onCreateBarrel -- file: ISBuildMenu.lua line # 627function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78attempted index: new of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onCreateBarrel -- file: ISBuildMenu.lua line # 627function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78-------------------------------------------------------------attempted index: new of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onCreateBarrel -- file: ISBuildMenu.lua line # 627function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78attempted index: new of non-table: null-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: onCreateBarrel -- file: ISBuildMenu.lua line # 627function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 78

Server Side

Cant findt the log file so i made a screenshot:

serverlog.png

Client Side

Server Side

Can you try something for me:

In mods/waterPipes/media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/RainCollectorBarrel.lua add the following line at the top:

require "ISBuildingObject"

Like this?

--***********************************************************--**                    ROBERT JOHNSON                     **--***********************************************************-- this class extend ISBuildingObject, it's a class to help you drag around/place an item in the worldrequire "ISBuildingObject"RainCollectorBarrel = ISBuildingObject:derive("RainCollectorBarrel");-- list of our barrel in the worldRainCollectorBarrel.barrels = {};RainCollectorBarrel.modData = nilRainCollectorBarrel.wantNoise = truelocal noise = function(msg)	if (RainCollectorBarrel.wantNoise) then print('rain barrel: '..msg) endendfunction RainCollectorBarrel:create(x, y, z, north, sprite)	local cell = getWorld():getCell();	self.sq = cell:getGridSquare(x, y, z);

is yes - than nothing happend, logs looks the same except teh server side STACK TRACE is mentioning line 7 now not 6 as before, thats this part:

RainCollectorBarrel = ISBuildingObject:derive("RainCollectorBarrel");

Client Side

Server Side

Can you try something for me:

In mods/waterPipes/media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/RainCollectorBarrel.lua add the following line at the top:

require "ISBuildingObject"

Like this?

--***********************************************************--**                    ROBERT JOHNSON                     **--***********************************************************-- this class extend ISBuildingObject, it's a class to help you drag around/place an item in the worldrequire "ISBuildingObject"RainCollectorBarrel = ISBuildingObject:derive("RainCollectorBarrel");

is yes - than nothing happend, logs looks the same except teh server side STACK TRACE is mentioning line 7 now not 6 as before, thats this part:

RainCollectorBarrel = ISBuildingObject:derive("RainCollectorBarrel");

Yes, that was the idea. Apparently, ISBulidingObject is a "null" value at this point and I was hoping to fix it this way.

I'll look into setting up a server myself to test things.

AAAH!

I just now see it!

According to your logfile, ISBuildingObject.lua is loaded after RainCollectorBarrel.lua on your server, but the loading order is correct on mine.

I've looked through other files, please try this require line:

require "BuildingObjects/ISBuildingObject"

If this doesn't work, I'll need to contact TIS for more support on the matter.

AAAH!

I just now see it!

According to your logfile, ISBuildingObject.lua is loaded after RainCollectorBarrel.lua on your server, but the loading order is correct on mine.

I've looked through other files, please try this require line:

require "BuildingObjects/ISBuildingObject"

If this doesn't work, I'll need to contact TIS for more support on the matter.

Thats it! All working now! Thank you man!

• 2 weeks later...