[ 05/01 - Build 23/26 - SP & MP ] - Drip irrigation farming

Kyun

STACK TRACE
-----------------------------------------
function: loadBarrels -- file: RainCollectorBarrel.lua line # 324
Object tried to call nil in loadBarrels-----------------------------------------
STACK TRACE

I get this error on the game initialising (on map)

I don't know what this relates to yet, or what the problem is (i could even have accidentally left something from the old version in)

But I thought I would post it as you may just go 'oh I missed a 'p' there' or whatever :D

STACK TRACE

Object tried to call nil in loadBarrels-----------------------------------------

STACK TRACE

I get this error on the game initialising (on map)

Hm that's weird. Here's the line 324 :

function RainCollectorBarrel.convertOldModData()	if RainCollectorBarrel.modData.rcbarrel and RainCollectorBarrel.modData.rcbarrel.barrels then return end	RainCollectorBarrel.modData.rcbarrel = {}	RainCollectorBarrel.modData.rcbarrel.barrels = {}endfunction RainCollectorBarrel.loadBarrels()	if isClient() then return; end	if getCore():isDedicated() then return; end		RainCollectorBarrel.modData = GameTime:getInstance():getModData();	-- convert old barrels	RainCollectorBarrel.convertOldModData()	

It's a function call, just an init really, maybe you can show more log ( are you playing SP or MP ? ).

When in doubt, do a steam integrity check (right click on game, properties, files (?)). I like to delete the lua folder just to be sure (doesn't matter if textures, ui or sound remain). I'll look more into it by friday ( it's 23:20 here :P ).

EDIT : just saw an update, maybe that's it. I'm on IWBUMS (something like that).

yeah I am on the bums version too, I am just off to bed as well.

It was SP mode, that is about the only info I can give at this moment.

I just thought I would post up that it appears, hadn't got much further than that, I still need to setup my necroforge or change the recipes briefly so that I can give this mod a proper test to try it out! :D

I see your point :D

Now all I need is a robot to do the initial work for me :D I am just so lazy! :D

Once the version is more stable and no issue arise, I may do a lazy version (a toggle on the barrel to let water flow more).

I got the same error above and it was on my multiplayer server that I run.

Loading: C:/Users/Darrien/Zomboid/mods/waterPipes/media/lua/server/BuildingObjec
ts/RainCollectorBarrel.lua
-------------------------------------------------------------
attempted index: derive of non-table: null
STACK TRACE
function: RainCollectorBarrel.lua -- file: RainCollectorBarrel.lua line # 6
attempted index: derive of non-table: null--------------------------------------
---
STACK TRACE
Apr 30, 2014 4:08:11 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLua
SEVERE: null
java.lang.RuntimeException:
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:1281)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:161)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1720)
        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1635)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)
        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCall(LuaCaller.java:77)

at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:2597)
        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:2561)
        at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:473)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.doMinimumInit(GameServer.java:845)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:151)

Hmm. I just tried to build the first rain barrel you can get with skill 2 and couldnt get it to actually build it.

The barrel lights up but when clicking on it, it acts like you dont have the materials.  ie. you cant select it.

I am using build 26 and hotfix #3 (hotfix fixes something in fishing and fixes the missing plant textures).

I got the same error above and it was on my multiplayer server that I run.

Loading: C:/Users/Darrien/Zomboid/mods/waterPipes/media/lua/server/BuildingObjec

ts/RainCollectorBarrel.lua

-------------------------------------------------------------

attempted index: derive of non-table: null

STACK TRACE

attempted index: derive of non-table: null--------------------------------------

---

STACK TRACE

I'm going to look into it this afternoon. Line 6 :

RainCollectorBarrel = ISBuildingObject:derive("RainCollectorBarrel");

How did you install the mod for the server / client ? (just wondering)

EDIT : new version, try it out and let me know (if you did a multiplayer install do a multiplayer install again to overwrite the mod old files). It works alright on my computer (SP & MP) on IWBUMS branch. No other stuff installed.

Still getting the trace error, I am installing it by simply copying the folder called waterPipes into the mods folder on the server directory and the mods folder in the client folder.

For a multiplayer install put the mod media folder in Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid. Not in the usual mod directory (didn't try this for MP).

Don't put the folder waterPipes in media/lua/server ( or client ). The mod already include server and client folders.

Follow the install guide on OP. I'll try your way and see how I can get the server to load a mod without dropping files into PZ install.

when i tried the previous version,it wouldnt show the barrels when i tried to build them.has this been fixed?

It works fine with me. How did you install the mod ? :P

PS : am I the only one with a working mod ? ^^

I installed the mod the way I thought mods were supposed to be installed for build 26, thought they had to be in the server folder in the zomboid directory not zomboid directory. I will try putting them in the installation folder but doesn't the server.ini need the files in the mod folder on the server side to be detected?

I don't think mods should be installed in the server folder, but I may be wrong.

So far I have 2 ways to load a mod, server side :

1. Place the mod folders (not the root) in the PZ install dir (both on the client and server computer)

2. Place the mod (the root) in the mod folder like playing solo, and put the mod's name in the server.ini (Mods=toto;tata;waterPipes)

Option 1. works

Option 2. doesn't :(

You should stick to option 1. until I find out why. I don't really know about other mods.

PS : no need to use the server.ini if you use option 1. The mod will be seen as original content. I hope it solves your issue. ( don't forget to delete the old mod files in the PZ dir that were not at the right place, check integrity with steam)

I haven't been able to to test anything in MP yet, but I ahve got some mods working by putting content in the lua/server folder (of the mod not the base game) I basically spent a lot of time comparing base file structure with mod contents and then by trial and error placing certain files in server folders. (i think a lot of the time it is distrubution files that go to server)

I also seem to have a lot of your files in the server folder too, but I haven't been able to give your mod the thorough testing it needs.

I keep meaning to tweak the recipe for water barrels so that I can do a straight test at the start of the game using necro forge, I just keep forgetting to do it or get distracted by other things.

Ill try to play around more in sandbox mod to test/see if its user fault error on my part, compatability with another mod (im using that build mod so there might be a issue between the two for my problem)  or just plain bad luck on loading on my part.

you need to put it in your zomboid/mods folder it shouldn't need to be in the main game folder.

check to make sure the suburbdistribution file is in the lua server folder.

This mod also supports necroforge spawner.

Hoses are what you find, then you lay them on the ground as 'pipe' bits 1 hose give 10 pipes

have you tried SP to see if you can find any hose? if you can find it in SP but not MP, then maybe something more needs to be done in MP compatibility.

If you can't find them in SP... then more info may be needed as to what has not been done right (file layouts etc.) as they spawn for me.

so this mod uses hoses and pipes...i havent come across these items anywhere yet, also if this mods is supossed to add them, as admins we should be able to spawn them in maybe, is so what are the item codes...

i placed the media folder inside steam/steamapps/project zomboid.

im assuming that is correct

i also placed it into C/user/mynname/zomboid/mod does this need to be there

You can spawn the garden hose (only item the mod adds), the code is ( module.itemName ) "waterPipes.WaterPipe" (scripts folder). Yeah it's a garden hose but when I started I called the mod waterPipe (I didn't know "garden hose" was more accurate :P)

If you have a question mark instead of the icon, something is wrong. There has been issues with OSX/linux with previous versions, I assume those issues (and solutions) are still the same. Look at pages 2-3.

You followed the installation instructions (both SP & MP (you should have a prompt for 2 overwrited files in the later case)) so it should be ok. I found one garden hose so far in my current game ; granted the hoses seem to be quite rare.

Did you see any error(s) loading the game/map/save ? I guess you're playing build 26.

PS : Use necroForge to test the mod, it's faster. Or right click on a rain barrel and a "garden hose" entry should appear in the menu.

PS2 : everything is where it should be on windows (item distribution is in media\lua\server\Items, on build26)

Glad to hear it.

Let me know if you have issues with MP, I could only debug hosting the server & client on the same pc. (I don't know if it changes something or not ^^ ). I'll have access to another computer soon(ish) :P