More deep music integration

gdsergio_

I've been thinking for a while that the game could use a little more deep music integration, there's already instruments and tapes in the game, so the amount of time it would take to do depends on how deep the devs want to go.

As an example, for playable instruments, I don't think it's necessary to add a whole skill for each of them, but I wouldn't complain if it was done that way; and playing an instrument (besides alerting nearby zeds) could have different effects on your character such as lowering your depression or your boredom if you can't or don't want to go outside.

The way I think it should be done, and the way it's been done in other games, is you have a folder in the game's directory where you can download and store .midi files that you can then play ingame with any of the instruments, wether it's from the steam workshop, or from any other source.

Something else I've thought of is music tapes, say you want to listen to some tunes while you're on the road; because adding original music and or voice acting would be too expensive and time consuming, I suggest just having a different folder for these, with .mp3 files.

It could be integrated into the game as a "mixtape" tape you find in a store, or someone's house, or a custom radio station, that you can play in the car, again, it would alert nearby zombies but it would help with depression or boredom.

For obvious reasons, it would also make MP a lot more fun in the endgame, say you've already made a safe base with friends and food and water aren't a problem anymore, you can play songs with other people, or host a concert, or whatever; the only limit is your imagination.