Ponchos and street signs

Caelicus

Did a light search and didnt quite see this so here goes:

Poncho - An item either found or crafted, from say garbage bags, that provides a temporary immunity from dampness. Could get wet like bath towels and have to be dried out(when/if they add this). If not a full immunity then perhaps a slow down of the dampness moodle.

Street Signs-  I have seen them in the world but they dont seem to do anything now. I would say they should be right clickable to read and then you would know what street corner you were on. This would enable you to build your own map in your head or on paper at the computer, or there could be a road map item in game at say gas stations etc. that you could look at to reference where you are.

Apologies if somehting like this is posted elsewhere, at work so cant make a full search.

BTW- awesome game, geeking out on it nightly, good work devs and community.

Raincoats and more clothing items are planned so a poncho would be pretty logical.

Would like to see street signs too but they will probably come late alpha as each one would need to be unique. One interesting thing is that if you were able to to unscrew and transport a sign it would make a pretty good fortification.

Ah see, didnt see the thing on rain coats. Maybe ponchos could be the lowest quality rain coat type gear but also be the lightest? Easier to sneak about in, tho I dont know how much more stealthy a poncho is than a rain coat tbh. Also i really like the survivalist aspect of making them out of garbage bags, has a real The Road feel to it(i know i know not a zombie movie, but close lol)

Speaking of The Road has anyone put up shopping carts yet as pushable containers?

Speaking of The Road has anyone put up shopping carts yet as pushable containers?

Yes, many times and they are planned as well. In an older version you used to be able to drag and push rubbish bins around so once that is re-implemented we should see shopping carts as well.

I really like the idea of raincoats, but then what are we to do with the Park Ranger?

Beta is for balancing. It will not be hard to balance that.