13thGeneral

So, I was thinking; it would be nice to be able to build some kind of bed or cot - even just a makeshift matress on the floor would suffice - for sleeping when there is no other means present. We already have tents, which is noce, but they're kind of odd to have for sleeping indoors.

I couldn't find this suggested anywhere {though the search function results always leaves much to be desired} and figured it was high time I made a suggestion topic.

The reasoning seems self explanitory, and the purpose is justified. For example, the Large Warehouse is a popular place to build a safehouse, but it has no bed. Many just set up a tent on the roof, but that's just not my style. Why not be able to make a bed? It'd work much the same as building tables and chairs, etc. You can construct a really shoddy frame at first, and then a really nice one at advanced carpentry skill levels.

For a standard bed, all you would need are;

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet

Possibly also:

• Rags, Pillows, or Newspaper (for mattress stuffing)
  • Sheet Rope, or Rope (to hold up the mattress)

For a crate bed (on the floor) you would need;

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet

Possibly also:

• Rags, Pillows, Newspaper, or Sand Bags (for mattress stuffing)

For a folding hammock you would need;

• Planks
  • Nails
  • Hammer
  • Pillow
  • Sheet
  • Sheet Rope, or Rope
  • Tent Pegs

For a suspended hammock you would need;

• Sheet Rope, or Rope
  • Pillow
  • Sheet

For a suspended Tent Hammock you would need;

• Tent Kit
  • Sheet Rope, or Rope
  • Planks or Sturdy Sticks
  • Pillow
  • Sheet

For a Cot (folding) you would need;

• Nails
  • Hammer
  • Door Hinges
  • Sheet Rope (to make canvas)
  • Pillow
  • Sheet

For a Tented Cot (folding) you would need;

• Nails
  • Hammer
  • Door Hinges
  • Tent Kit
  • Pillow
  • Sheet

Alternatively, the current in-game Cots could also be an item you can find and take with you.

Edited by 13thGeneral

I've heard this mentioned before, but I don't remember where. Anyways, they plan to add more things to craft, like lamps. So I'm sure that means beds. (Or does it?) Seriously though, I think they'll add beds to the crafting list.

Beat me to the post :P The idea does sound simple enough that they'll implement it soon, but not a main priority.

OI! Your alllll wrong, that's my job. 

Would be funny if basic level beds had a chance of collapsing while you slept. Would be much higher if you were overweight.

Lol. Just the thought of such a game mechanic made me smile.

Imagine the scenario;

Survived: 2 Months, 4 Days, 6 Hours

Zombies Killed: 560

After a long day of building walls, farming, and fighting of hordes, you finally manage to go to sleep and... your cot collapses.

"You Have Died"

:cry: 

OI! Your alllll wrong, that's my job. 

Would be funny if basic level beds had a chance of collapsing while you slept. Would be much higher if you were overweight.

Lol. Just the thought of such a game mechanic made me smile.

Imagine the scenario;

Survived: 2 Months, 4 Days, 6 Hours

Zombies Killed: 560

After a long day of building walls, farming, and fighting of hordes, you finally manage to go to sleep and... your cot collapses.

"You Have Died"

:cry: 

"You killed the clown sleeping under your bed" 

I hate that damn clown. Even more annoying than those dragons.

Portable cot sounds awesome. Throw in some way of making large tents (walking around inside) using multiple sheets and poles, and we could suddenly recreate the 4077th...

The moment you mentioned walking around inside a tent, I thought of the TARDIS...and I don't know why.

Portable cot sounds awesome. Throw in some way of making large tents (walking around inside) using multiple sheets and poles, and we could suddenly recreate the 4077th...

The moment you mentioned walking around inside a tent, I thought of the TARDIS...and I don't know why.

lol. So did I. Which also made me think about the fact that I always make sure my character has a towel with him.

• 6 months later...

I almost forgot I started this topic.

I had another cool idea, one that expands on it a bit;

Being able to combine a cot and tent to make this --> aeffb208-7d23-507e.jpg

Or a tent, sheet rope/rope, and sturdy sticks to make this ---> Tentsile-Tree-Tents.png

But, of course, ultimately, being able to build a permabed in our hideout would be ideal.