Click Registration in Project Zomboid (*BUGGY*)

HawkenGaming

Just recently I decided to purchase Project Zomboid, because I've always been into ANY type of "Zombie" or survival of the fittest type of games. I really had a lot of fun playing for the first hour, but one of the things that I realized that was quite buggy (I KNOW IT IS IN ALPHA) was the click registration. I spend almost 5-7 minutes just trying to get the sink options to come so I could fill my pot full of water, and recently I have kept coming across this problem over and over again. Honestly I am just curious as to if this 'problem' will be fixed in the nearby future?

~HawkenGaming

I think a lot of it has to do with where you're clicking. As you get used to the game, you figure out where you need to be clicking to get it to register correctly. This mainly happens in places with lots of overlapping textures (like a stove with a window above it with a curtain on it with a sink on one side and a microwave on the other). That being said, things are constantly improving and hopefully this will be one of those things.

Oh, and welcome to Project Zomboid! Glad to have you along.

I..... I wrote a book as a reply now it's gone :( ugh well here we go again, Rath I was actually thinking what your thinking like if it's a curtain as and window instead of it either saying open curtains, remove curtains, and walk here or open window, smash window, and walk here. Perhaps it could combine all those option into one menu? The only problem I see is when 3-4 items get their stuff on the menu because it can become crowded like the building menu, I have to click upper left corner of the monitor to see the last items so I hope it doesn't end out like that or if it does they'll shorten the spacing and lower the lettering size by 1-3 sizes to compensate. What I was thinking might work even better is if you right click on a window with a curtain and a stove while holding a hammer the menu would only say: curtains, window, stove, and barricade/un barricade and instead of when you mouse over window it pops out a sub menu (like with building things) it could bring you to that items menu and close the main one you feel me?

Hawken- ui/ click stuff is constantly changing and improving so im sure they will shore that part up a bit (as a player i've noticed adjustments almost every build),

But more importantly- the "e" interaction key is very useful for getting around the mouse, if you know what it does in every situation. also using "I" to open/close inventory then using the loot box to cycle through nearby containers is much less frustrating than trying to click on three different bookshelves. (also some containers like Zombie corpses are not usually clickable, and easily appear on the loot box)

also being fixed- a *few* of the houses/containers do not seem to register as containers, see the map bug thread, but there mainly kinda N.E. part of town. (should be fixed now or with next update or two, the house with a table blocking the bathroom door is springing to mind though)

Annnnnnddd- sinks and water sources shut-off after time. It is currently sometimes difficult to tell if the water item is useless or not registering... 

Wow- sorry for the long winded reply, but were a friendly chatty forum ;) -welcome to the best game most of us have stumbled unto over the last year or two.

• 3 months later...

Hawken- ui/ click stuff is constantly changing and improving so im sure they will shore that part up a bit (as a player i've noticed adjustments almost every build),

Yea its much better than earlier builds such as the versions earlier than the zombie update,those were the worst!

I still <3 u game.