Random Crashes During Gameplay

scrunklyscrimbo

Question

I have a problem with recurring crashes. It doesn't happen upon launching the game or loading a world/ server (single player or multiplayer), only in the middle of gameplay. These crashes happen randomly, there is no particular trigger or action that causes them. I could be fighting zeds, looting, simply walking or sitting, reading a book and it will happen all the same. Interestingly, these crashes always seem to turn off comfort view (reduced blue light), give me a black screen for a few seconds, and will occasionally cause audio issues (whatever sound is currently playing, either in game or from another source, will drag out the last note for a few seconds). I've done everything I can think of; turned off Steam and Discord overlays, closed any other programs, uninstall all mods, uninstall and reinstall the game, verify game files- I've even played without comfort view incase that had anything to do with it. All of this has done nothing. Crashes continue to happen regardless. If anyone could help locate the cause, I'd appreciate it. I've really gotten into the game recently and this is just frustrating me to no end.logs.zip

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Beard said:

Can you try manually installing the latest drivers from here to see fi that helps?
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/196597/intel-core-i71065g7-processor-8m-cache-up-to-3-90-ghz.html

If that does not help, can you share the logs again + go to Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid and share the "hs_err_pid" files found there.

This fixed it, thank you! I tried updating my drivers from device manager a while ago, but never really thought to get it straight from the website instead. Feels a bit obvious now, haha. Thanks so much!

Archived