During the game, the sound disappears

Hellner

Question

During the game, the sound disappears (it usually happens when a lot of sounds are made at a time: getting a level, a shot, the sound of steps, rain), after which, when you press the right mouse button, the game freezes heavily, either for 10-30 seconds, or dead.My friends are fine, I didn't find a solution, I tried everything.

Во время игры пропадает звук(происходит обычно когда производится много звуков за раз: получение уровня, выстрел, звуг шагов, дождь), после чего, при нажатии правой кнопки мыши, беге игра сильно подвисает, либо на 10-30 сек, либо замертво.У друзей всё в порядке решение не нашёл, перепробовал всё.

4 answers to this question

There does not seem anything particular in the console log, which likely means that the issue is caused by something else, can you check your sound mixer to see if the game is not being muted there? And can you check your sound devices to make sure only the main speakers you use are set to Default? You can try disabling the others as well to make sure it is not being switched to them for some reason.
There are also some logs mentioning something about a sledgehammer and a mace, so it might be mod related as well, does it happen when playing on a server without any mods?

Archived