Transferring player data from one server to another

Everleigh

Question

So, I have a server hosted through GTXGaming. Its been great, but I decided to rent a dedicated Windows box, to host all my servers, since I had several scattered around. I cannot seem to get player data to transfer over to the new hosted server. I know its saved locally. I Googled and found posts basically saying to just move the data from the old server folder (locally on my PC) to the new server folder (locally on my pc). I did this, and still, its not loading my old character from the original server. I'd HATE for my players to lose their characters, so I really want to figure this out before I hand out the new IP.  I'm certain it's something I'm not doing, or doing incorrectly, Im just at my wits end with trying to figure out WHAT. lol Can anyone help??

1 answer to this question

Move all files found in the Zomboid folder (default in C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid)  to the same location on the server machine, then try loading the world. It should keep characters as long as the users join with the exact same usernames.

Archived