T.I.S. forum emoticon overhaul

ZedHead

Animated Emoticons YES or NO?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want these animated emoticons in the forums?

• Yes, as long as they don't replace the original static images from before.
    • Meh, I don't know...
    • No. (please give feedback as to why you picked this.)
  2. 2. Do you like the animations I've created and would you like to see more?

• Yes, I like your work and would like you to continue working on more PZ animations.
    • Meh, It's alright I suppose. Continue doing what you're doing if you want.
    • No... I don't like moving pictures or your animations so stop creating these you stupid git.

I tend to get bored and every time I look towards commenting on the forums I use the same emoticons (or Smiley section) so I decided to add some fun animation to them. Currently I haven't got all of the faces done but I will work on them throughout my spare time for fun. Not to mention I do plan on adding some fun additional ones that weren't on here before. Also I'm open to some reasonable suggestions for these small animations so feel free to comment anything of the sorts regarding that.

T.I.S. Smiley animation links - (Full Album/List *)

:) *                    :angry: *                 :rolleyes: *                   :blink: *

;) *                    :mellow: *                          -_- *                 :ph34r: *

:P *                       :huh: *                         <_< *                    :excl: *

:D *                           ^_^ *                       :wub: *                  :blush: *

:lol: *                           :o *                   :unsure: *

:( *                          8-) *                    :wacko: *

You might be wondering why links are next to the symbols/words above. Well that's simply because the max picture limit is around twenty-five so I had to resort to linking them by the names of the emoticons. 

Other random PZ animations

8/25 slots used (picture limit: twenty-five)

KSoJmyu.gif DwaPPVS.gif yaIB1zH.gif 7Ml17uD.gif iidCCtV.gif kUbw9Kc.gif VFLrq9v.gif K9z1hmA.gif

OPEN TO REQUESTS!

Apart from them vanishing, which I dun like, they look good! If you can remove the vanishing, I'll load them into the forum software for you :)

Just PM me if I don't see this thread

I'll look into the vanishing, the only reason it has that effect is so it can reset to the previous image. although I must admit the grin was just a test and I will fix that for sure. I'll do better loops as I continue to work on them.  (clyde)

Oh and wheres my manners.. thanks for the offer I will surely take part in it as soon as I get a reasonable number of animations done.WvIAuQK.gif

Apart from them vanishing, which I dun like, they look good! If you can remove the vanishing, I'll load them into the forum software for you :)

Just PM me if I don't see this thread

Is it at all possible to make the emoticon set an user-selectable preference? Having lots of stuff wiggling on the screen gives me flashbacks to late 90s web-"design", and also a headache.

Is it at all possible to make the emoticon set an user-selectable preference? Having lots of stuff wiggling on the screen gives me flashbacks to late 90s web-"design", and also a headache.

True, perhaps these will be put in yet another section and not replacing the old static images.

• 4 weeks later...

Added a few just for the hell of it...

DwaPPVS.gif yaIB1zH.gif

I'm thinking about pulling some frames from the old versions of PZ and creating a few .gif images of Baldspot (bob) or the old zombies. I already pulled pulled frames to create the zombie from RC2.0 so this shouldn't be too hard.

There's baldspot running. I might do some other animations with him...

iidCCtV.gif

Oh and it seems I have reached the limit for pictures on the OP, is this the end of posting new PZ .gif images!?!?!? Perhaps I should make another thread for other random animations involving PZ.   Problem solved... 

There's baldspot running. I might do some other animations with him...

iidCCtV.gif

Oh and it seems I have reached the limit for pictures on the OP, is this the end of posting new PZ .gif images!?!?!? Perhaps I should make another thread for other random animations involving PZ. 6RDundc.gif

Use imgur links

Another "Good work!", "Well done!" and "Whoop! Whoop!" :)

Can you use them already or do they have to be uploaded to the forums first?

They have to be uploaded first but at this rate I doubt kirrus is going to get around to it anytime soon. hsTBuVa.gif

The alternative is using the separate imgur links and linking the pictures like I do to use them in my posts. Chances are that these won't be uploaded to the forum and I've been told a fib to get my hopes up. 

Use imgur links

I already do that, that's how I uploaded them onto here in the first place. Unless you're just saying to use the links in general... hmm... I might do something like that we'll see. fj2VgjK.gif

Voted "No", because

Having lots of stuff wiggling on the screen gives me flashbacks to late 90s web-"design", and also a headache.

Thanks for stating the reason as to why you voted no. None of the animations are too "flashy" so it shouldn't be too bad, although the " :excl: " could be a tad bit fast so I may crank it down in speed sooner or later. e655HZo.gif