Yet Another Weapon Mod

NCrawler

Mod is working on our server quite well except reloading the 10-22 Ruger crashes the game.

It happens when my friend tries to reload it as well.

It has Target Stock, Fibre Optic Sight and High Cap Mag installed with max condition never reapired.

Ok, I'll look into the 10-22 this afternoon. Thanks for the report.

Where can you find the weapons? I have looked every where and all I can find is the attachments. Does this work with a certain map or am I being a NOOB (as always)?

They are hard to find sometimes, especially with the build that you are using. I am revamping the distributions and they should be a bit easier to find after that.

In my opinion, the distribution is perfect! It's a survival horror game with RPG elements, if you can find ammo and weapons easy, you destroy the atmosphere and meaning of the fun.... Why is fun?? Because it's very hard to find good weapons.

It's IMHO

Mod is working on our server quite well except reloading the 10-22 Ruger crashes the game.

It has Target Stock, Fibre Optic Sight and High Cap Mag installed with max condition never reapired.

I have found and fixed the error with the 10-22.  The fix will be included in the next update.  If you would like to go ahead and fix it in your game, just browse to the reloading directory NCYawMod\media\lua\shared\Reloading and open zb_RifleReload.lua with a text editor.  Make changes like below:

local rugerRifle = {	type = "Ruger1022",	moduleName = 'NCYawMod',	reloadClass = 'ISSemiAutoWeapon',	ammoType = 'Ruger1022Mag',	rackSound = 'RifleSlide',	clipName = 'Ruger 10-22 Magazine',	clipIcon = 'Magazine_Ruger10-22',	shootSound = '22LR_Rifle',	shootSoundPartial = '22LR_Rifle',	clickSound = 'DryFire_Rifle',	ejectSound = 'stormy9mmClipEject',  <-------------------- Add this line!	insertSound = 'LoadMagazine_Rifle',	bulletOutSound = 'stormy9mmClipEject',	containsClip = 1,	maxCapacity = 10,	reloadTime = 10,	rackTime = 10,	clipData = rugerrifleMag};

When you've added the above line, just save the file and it should work like it is supposed to.

I have found and fixed the error with the 10-22.  The fix will be included in the next update.  If you would like to go ahead and fix it in your game, just browse to the reloading directory NCYawMod\media\lua\shared\Reloading and open zb_RifleReload.lua with a text editor.  Make changes like below:

local rugerRifle = {	type = "Ruger1022",	moduleName = 'NCYawMod',	reloadClass = 'ISSemiAutoWeapon',	ammoType = 'Ruger1022Mag',	rackSound = 'RifleSlide',	clipName = 'Ruger 10-22 Magazine',	clipIcon = 'Magazine_Ruger10-22',	shootSound = '22LR_Rifle',	shootSoundPartial = '22LR_Rifle',	clickSound = 'DryFire_Rifle',	ejectSound = 'stormy9mmClipEject',  <-------------------- Add this line!	insertSound = 'LoadMagazine_Rifle',	bulletOutSound = 'stormy9mmClipEject',	containsClip = 1,	maxCapacity = 10,	reloadTime = 10,	rackTime = 10,	clipData = rugerrifleMag};

When you've added the above line, just save the file and it should work like it is supposed to.

I made the change and restarted the server yet the error persists.

I made the change and restarted the server yet the error persists.

Ah, ok.  The way that the game saves the item metadata is why then.  You will need to get rid of the 10-22 you had before the fix and get a new one.  As admin, you can spawn items in-game can't you?

Ok, I finished this new version a little sooner than expected.  You can grab the latest version from the first post as usual.

*Please Note*  You MUST uninstall any previous versions before installing this latest version as some file names have changed  (just delete the NCYawMod folder in \mods).  Changelog:

vB30.004 - 01/11/2015	--Revamped the Distribution System		--[Should be somewhat easier to find items]	--Added Large First Aid Kit		--[Chance to spawn with medical supplies]	--Added Medium Tool Bag		--[Chance to spawn with tools]	--Added Large Ammo Can		--[Chance to spawn with ammo]		--[Custom open and close sounds]	--Fixed Ruger 10-22 reload problem		--[Property missing in the reload definition]

Please let me know if any errors are encountered and if the spawn rates seem a bit too high/low for items.  Thanks...

Hi again, now i will write a bit so sorry for my English.

I use to play PZ from very early betas, and now i run a big hardcore RP server. Since im froum Ukraine most part of players are Ukrainian but the server is very high populated and closed.

Still, for all thet time I personally tested on multipleyer alomost every avilible mod and i need to say that you'rs is one of the best weapons mods so far.

Honestly, i was a big fan of RKF mod, but the distribution was not as good as here, as well as some stuff, still i'd be extremly happy to see YAWM some stuff like:

1. Survival stuff like Magnesium lighter or multitool - like a weak knife, screw, and can opener

2. Silenced guns or a silencer as a part that might be added to a gun

3.Bows and crossbows. Maybe even some craftable.

4. Water reservoirs like camel back and other tactical stuff

5. Boxed guns - like a sniper rifle a scope and some other additions to a gun. Extremly rare.

6. Armor - motorcyling stuff, police stuff, army

7. MORE GUNS!

And you can't even imagine how happy i am because of this mod. Good Job!

New version incoming either tonight or tomorrow night. It will include a revamped distribution system, 3 new containers and various bug fixes.

Thank you NCrawler! :wub:

You're welcome...

Hi again, now i will write a bit so sorry for my English.

I use to play PZ from very early betas, and now i run a big hardcore RP server. Since im froum Ukraine most part of players are Ukrainian but the server is very high populated and closed.

Still, for all thet time I personally tested on multipleyer alomost every avilible mod and i need to say that you'rs is one of the best weapons mods so far.

Honestly, i was a big fan of RKF mod, but the distribution was not as good as here, as well as some stuff, still i'd be extremly happy to see YAWM some stuff like:

1. Survival stuff like Magnesium lighter or multitool - like a weak knife, screw, and can opener

2. Silenced guns or a silencer as a part that might be added to a gun

3.Bows and crossbows. Maybe even some craftable.

4. Water reservoirs like camel back and other tactical stuff

5. Boxed guns - like a sniper rifle a scope and some other additions to a gun. Extremly rare.

6. Armor - motorcyling stuff, police stuff, army

7. MORE GUNS!

And you can't even imagine how happy i am because of this mod. Good Job!

Happy you like it.  As soon as I finish balancing out the spawns and some work on the ALICE packs I will look at adding more content, possibly armor and other things...

just been running around Bedford checking out all the goodies. great job on this once again.

one question about the ALICE packs, can i alter a pre assembled pack i found to improve its carrying capability, or do i need to find the frame and then add  the attachments?

just been running around Bedford checking out all the goodies. great job on this once again.

one question about the ALICE packs, can i alter a pre assembled pack i found to improve its carrying capability, or do i need to find the frame and then add  the attachments?

Do you think that the spawn rates are a bit high?  Ran a small test game earlier and it seemed like I found a ton of stuff.

At the moment (I'm in the process of reworking them) you have to find the frame and after attaching it, you can attach the rest of the addon components.  They cannot be removed at this time, but hopefully soon i will have the system reworked and will allow addons to be removed.

Do you think that the spawn rates are a bit high?  Ran a small test game earlier and it seemed like I found a ton of stuff.

At the moment (I'm in the process of reworking them) you have to find the frame and after attaching it, you can attach the rest of the addon components.  They cannot be removed at this time, but hopefully soon i will have the system reworked and will allow addons to be removed.

i see no problem with the spawn rates myself, but i tend to put my Loot settings at Common or above so i have as much as possible.

also, with a server of 18 with Rare loot, it seems ok there too. especially since the Melee are not repairable, so we need as much as possible in bedford, TWD prison,dreadwood and New Denver

I'm considering adding MRE's or some other form of survival rations into the mod. What do you guys think of this idea? Good, Bad, Stupid? I'm thinking if you scrounge enough of them and save them, they will help you make it through the slim winter months when farming/foraging are tough.

Edit: Scratch that idea, I'm going to do a separate mod for this.

Do i need any tools in order to attach a reflex sight to a SKS-45? I have them both in my inventory but it's not giving me an option to attach. :)

You must have a screwdriver in your inventory, like the base game, to attach weapon addons.

Also i get the damp moodlet while wearing the poncho, will it remain at that stage or get worse?

It should remain at that stage.

Glad you like it, any feedback whether good or bad is welcomed...

Well i was curious about the mp5, currently i'm running around with the guns and having a blast with them. They're accurate, quick to reload. But the mp5 i have to reload after every single time i fire it and while it may sometimes take out more than one zombie it feels a bit unloved compared to the guns. But maybe it is that way due to the game mechanics. :)

I have a problem with the mod.

When I quit the whole game and reload my save, my game will crash.

I can load the game only if I won't close the game.

Hmm, have not heard of this one before.  I will look into it.

Glad you like it, any feedback whether good or bad is welcomed...

Well i was curious about the mp5, currently i'm running around with the guns and having a blast with them. They're accurate, quick to reload. But the mp5 i have to reload after every single time i fire it and while it may sometimes take out more than one zombie it feels a bit unloved compared to the guns. But maybe it is that way due to the game mechanics. :)

Are you using the latest version of the mod?  You should get 10 three round bursts from the MP5 before having to reload.  It is a bit unloved but that is due to game limitations.  Here soon I will be revisiting all of the gun mechanics.