Yet Another Weapon Mod

NCrawler

MODS_02.png

This is my addition to the mods section of the site.  I created this mod for my son and I and we think it turned out pretty good.  All of the default firearms, ammunition and attachments have been removed from the loot spawns and the following items have been added:

Ruger Mark III - .22 LR
Beretta 92FS - 9x19mm Luger
Beretta Px4 Storm - .40 S&W
Colt 1911 - .45 ACP
S&W 686 - .357 Magnum

Ruger 10/22 - .22 LR
Winchester 94 - .30-30 Win
Colt AR15-A3 - .223 Rem
Remington 700 SPS - .308 Win
SKS-45 - 7.62x39mm M43

Mossberg 500AT - .12 ga
Sawed-off Mossberg 500AT - .12 ga

HK MP5A3 - 9x19mm Luger

All weapons/ammunition have custom sound effects.  All ammo boxing/unboxing recipes are implemented.  Certain weapons can only be found in police departments and/or gun stores.

Melee weapons, misc. items and containers added:

Metal Baseball Bat
Tactical Axe
Tactical Machete
Combat Knife
Entrenching Tool

Rain Poncho
Gunsmith Toolkit
Gun Cleaning Kit
Weapon Parts Kits

Large First Aid Kit
Medium Tool Bag
Large Ammo Can

Medium ALICE pack
Large ALICE pack

Changelog (current):

vB30.009 - 02/18/2015
    --Removed custom profession spawn points
        --[Not working right]
    --Updated ALICE Attachment system
        --[Now uses context menus rather than recipes]
        --[Added ability to pack ETool and Combat Knife]
    --Added Rare, Normal and Plentiful loot spawn distributions
        --[Choose during install]
    --Changed ALICE component distributions
        --[Added to their own spawn table]
    --Fixed issue with E-Tool not equipping
        --[Now works exactly the same as a shovel]

* Full changelog contained in Readme.txt *

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/292ek3wkrdxv50i/NCYawMod_vB30.009.exe

Feedback is encouraged and welcomed but I will not be adding any overpowered military weapons to the mod unless the map is updated to include portions of Fort Knox.  Enjoy...

TODO:
    --Add indicator for ALICE pack with attachments
    --Add Crossbow and Compound Bow + Ammunition to the mod
    --Add Tactical Hammer and write functions for it to be like normal sledge hammer
    --Add multi-tool
    --Coleman lanterns/portable stove with propane?
    --Whet Stone and Honing Oil to repair machete and tactical axe

Credits:
    RoboMat - for answering some questions and some good ideas from his mods.
    Pravus - for the Rain Parka Mod.

Krogothar - for some excellent feedback and suggestions.

this sounds great, i was missing having an aluminum baseball bat.

but a few items i am unsure of, like what is the difference between the fire axe and a tactical axe?

or the ALICE packs.

i like the selection of guns, that HK MP5A3 - 9x19mm Luger could be quite the fun horde clearing item

this sounds great, i was missing having an aluminum baseball bat.

but a few items i am unsure of, like what is the difference between the fire axe and a tactical axe?

or the ALICE packs.

i like the selection of guns, that HK MP5A3 - 9x19mm Luger could be quite the fun horde clearing item

The tactical axe is based on the United Cutlery M48 Apocalypse which is actually a tomahawk.  I've left it as a two handed weapon though for gameplay purposes.  As far as the ALICE packs, the medium, IRL, is 20x19x11 and the large is 22x20x19.  They both carry more than any of the default bags.

The H&K MP5 is set up as a 3 round burst gun so it does tend to get the job done.  You will be very lucky to find one in a police station though and it will burn through your 9mm ammo pretty quickly.

This looks awesome! Would it be fine to download now or should I wait for the ammo fix?

The ammo fix is in.  Build 14 is posted and you can go ahead and download it if you like.  The next build will just be distribution tweaks so it won't affect any saves that you have with the newest build.

An excellent mod. I'm not familiar with PZ modding, though, I was curious: is it possible for you to create new world models for the weapons? As they stand they are fine -- though seeing my character hold the weapon itself rather than a normal pistol or shotgun would be neat (unless of course they're actually there and I'm just having issues on my end).

Also -- not sure if it's a bug, but when aiming with a rifle, it seems to disappear from my character's hands visually.

An excellent mod. I'm not familiar with PZ modding, though, I was curious: is it possible for you to create new world models for the weapons? As they stand they are fine -- though seeing my character hold the weapon itself rather than a normal pistol or shotgun would be neat (unless of course they're actually there and I'm just having issues on my end).

Also -- not sure if it's a bug, but when aiming with a rifle, it seems to disappear from my character's hands visually.

Unfortunately, at this time, you cannot edit the sprites that the character holds.  Perhaps in time they will open them up to modders.  As far as the disappearing long gun, that is a known bug that they will fix.  I'm glad you like the mod so far.  Next update will be a big one.  Got a little idea that I have started to implement and should be finished with it soon...

Nice addition ! I'm usually not a fan of weapons in survival games but it adds variety without balance issues (such as not enough noise, although I didn't get all of them yet).

With luck there won't be reloading bugs with the next build and it will be perfect !

Holy balls, nice job. Did you do the pixel art?

Funny you should ask.  The only reason I included the weapons that I did was because I have access to take photos of them.  Either owned by myself, a friend or the local police department (where I am a former employee).  I made the art in the sense that I took the photo and manipulated it.  I have access to several other firearms as well (friend owns a local pawn shop) so if I ever 'need' to add another it should not be a problem.

You're right, after a more thorough search it's a bug with all non shotgun reloading weapons. If you "expulse and reload" by clip, you don't gain any xp, but if you reload bullet by bullet, you do.

I'm going to do that since you'd have to reload the clip bullet by bullet if normal or hardcore reloading setting was working.

Ok major update.  I've tweaked/added the following:

1. I've readjusted the ammo weights once again.  They are now correct the way that I want them.  All boxes of ammo now weigh 1 and individual rounds weight have been adjusted accordingly.

2. I've adjusted weapon distributions.  Now, ANY weapon can be found on killed zombies.  This is to simulate SWAT members, soldiers, patrol officers, etc. having turned with their weapons.  Chances are low for the higher end weapons.

3. Added gun cleaning kit.  Use it on degraded weapons to 'fix' approx. 10% of weapon degradation.

4. Adjusted parts kit creation times.  Now 10x longer to simulate disassembling the firearm.

5. Major change.  ALICE packs are now a modular system.  First you must find an ALICE frame and mount it to the pack.  You will then be able to mount any of three different add-on pouches (Top, Long, Short).  All attachments add capacity and weight reduction to the system.  This is still considered WIP so at the moment the pack must be empty when adding frame and pouches and you cannot remove the attachments.

is there a way to box up lose rounds? running V1.4 right now, and carrying 160 .22 rounds which obviously takes a lot of space.

Yes, just move at least 100 of them to your main inventory, right-click and choose 'Put in a box'.  All other pistol rounds are boxed at 50 rounds and rifle ammo at 25 rounds.