Yet Another Weapon Mod

NCrawler

I don't see how Vitalsine's fix couldn't work.

I literally fixed the mod myself yesterday (just for the heck of it) doing it differently than Vitalsine but in the end my private fix and his one do the same..

Check your console.txt which is located in C:\Users\username\Zomboid

"username" would be your windows username (the account you use to log into windows)

The file might be in another place  - the above is for Windows 7

Search for "Exception" in the console.txt - I found out yesterday that this "unlimited" ammo bug happens if you do not register the weapons/ ammo correctly with the script.

I did an extensive test with my changes yesterday and it worked both singleplayer and multiplayer in all reload difficulties - so Vitalsines Fix should also work (mine is unneccessarily more complicated in fact).

The only difference between his and mine would be that I split up the single file into different files: ammo, handguns, shotguns, rifles and submachineguns. And then I decided it would be fun to automate adding magazines via ReloadUtil:addMagazineType()
 and weapons via ReloadUtil:addWeaponType() - though I've gone a bit overkill on the latter function call in some aspects.

---

One thing that bothers me a bit is that this mod overrides the files

media/lua/client/BuildingObjects/ISUI/ISInventoryBuildMenu.lua
media/lua/client/Farming/ISUI/ISFarmingMenu.lua

This isn't much of a problem currently (it should work just fine - I compared the files of Project Zomboid and the files the Mod provides and except additions from the mod itself the file is the same) but it will become a Problem once Indiestone adds changes in a patch to those files - if you then use this mod and it's not updated it will cause bugs with the Game

Haven't looked deep enough in the code, so it might be that this is a neccessary evil if NCrawler has had no other way of interacting with the Build/ Farming menu at the time he was writing the mod.

I don't see how Vitalsine's fix couldn't work.

I literally fixed the mod myself yesterday (just for the heck of it) doing it differently than Vitalsine but in the end my private fix and his one do the same..

Check your console.txt which is located in C:\Users\username\Zomboid

"username" would be your windows username (the account you use to log into windows)

The file might be in another place  - the above is for Windows 7

Search for "Exception" in the console.txt - I found out yesterday that this "unlimited" ammo bug happens if you do not register the weapons/ ammo correctly with the script.

I did an extensive test with my changes yesterday and it worked both singleplayer and multiplayer in all reload difficulties - so Vitalsines Fix should also work (mine is unneccessarily more complicated in fact).

The only difference between his and mine would be that I split up the single file into different files: ammo, handguns, shotguns, rifles and submachineguns. And then I decided it would be fun to automate adding magazines via ReloadUtil:addMagazineType()

and weapons via ReloadUtil:addWeaponType() - though I've gone a bit overkill on the latter function call in some aspects.

---

One thing that bothers me a bit is that this mod overrides the files

media/lua/client/BuildingObjects/ISUI/ISInventoryBuildMenu.lua

media/lua/client/Farming/ISUI/ISFarmingMenu.lua

This isn't much of a problem currently (it should work just fine - I compared the files of Project Zomboid and the files the Mod provides and except additions from the mod itself the file is the same) but it will become a Problem once Indiestone adds changes in a patch to those files - if you then use this mod and it's not updated it will cause bugs with the Game

Haven't looked deep enough in the code, so it might be that this is a neccessary evil if NCrawler has had no other way of interacting with the Build/ Farming menu at the time he was writing the mod.

Actually, it`s werider... We`ve just started another save, and there is no infinite ammo anymore.

Seems like my Alice Pack now doesn't count the add ons for a few extra pounds of space. Pretty sure since patch 31 I dropped from 35 pounds back down to 30. Do these updates fix that,

No, neither Vitalsines nor my private one would fix this - only the guns. Everything else either works or doesn't (the Solder Profession for one shouldn't work anymore - although a one line fix is possible this can cause an abusable exploit based on how it's done (as such NCrawler would need to decide how to change the soldier profession so the exploit doesn't occur which might mean he needs to "rebalance" the profession -  it has been on the edge of "op" for the old profession system imho).

i did a search about how to use this in multiplayer and also searched over the Reddit and got nothing - i got the mod to work for singleplayer and when i host my server, i am able to log and use the mod normally but my friends are disconnected with a checksum error/ files not matching. can anyone help me? thanks!

--- after several tries i got it to work. had to create a zip of my files and send to my friends even tho they downloaded the same since i sent em the links. had issues with weapons (not able to pick etc) but fixed with the solution given by vitalsine

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have been busy IRL updating my companies ERP system and in the middle of it had to complete a Microsoft Audit.  I should be able to get the mod updated this coming week, barring any unforeseen problems at work.  Thank for your patience.

Ouh, you have my condolence..! :blink: That sounds awful. ^_^

Your work is very much appreciated and I'm looking forward to an updated version (no hurry intended).

We will start a fresh playthrough on our server when its available. :wub:

• 1 month later...

Had a fun discovery. Apparently, the tactical axe, which is also the first thing you equip if you press one while it and other weapons from this mod are the only things in your inventory, has no recoil. Got bit, many times, character's doomed. Just thought it was worth a mention, what with the unofficial fixes being released

Edit: Not sure if this is the cause, but the parameter "KnockBackOnNoDeath" was set to false, which seemed odd.

this is why it is so important to read the thread and make sure a mod has been recently updated.

you cannot just grab any mod you see and assume it will work just fine with the latest build, many do not.

for this one, the mod maker NCrawler has not been here since March

this is why it is so important to read the thread and make sure a mod has been recently updated.

you cannot just grab any mod you see and assume it will work just fine with the latest build, many do not.

for this one, the mod maker NCrawler has not been here since March

I had read the thread. Grabbed the reload patch code and everything. But that axe just messed with me enough to post something.

• 1 year later...