Yet Another Weapon Mod

NCrawler

Made small fix for the silencer . Small bug when you would equip the silencer, shoot , reload , unequip the silencer and shoot again , the weapon wouldn't go back to the normal state.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08053729552892760036

( NCYawMod\media\lua\shared )

Tested it over 3h with my friends on my server , everything seems to work as planned ^^.

Might have a tad overcheated the DE though :???: .

I've just found a bug.  ALICE packs with attachments: weight reduction and capacity values do not get properly set when loading a savegame.  I'll fix it and upload a fix tonight.  The attachments are still there so to fix this temporarily in your game just detach and reattach all the addons.

Yes, that was a change a couple of versions ago.  It is also a lot less OP as well with little knockback/knockdown power.  When you run the installer, if you choose 'Use the original tactical axe' option you will have the old two-handed version axe back.

:oops:

"Large First Aid Kit

Medium Tool Bag

Large Ammo Can

Medium ALICE pack

Large ALICE pack"

what are these new backpacks different from the original ones? Only with different name, icon and bigger capacity, or any other new features.

As Javi said, the ALICE packs can attach a frame and other pouches to increase capacity and weight reduction. As for the First Aid, Ammo and Toolbag, the only one similar to a core item is the First Aid Kit. It is intended to be sort of an EMS type bag with a larger capacity, etc. They all also have a chance of spawning items inside when you find them. First aid items, tools and ammo for the respective bag.

I am about to release an update that addresses the attachment system for the ALICE packs. It will be much more robust. Context menus instead of recipes so I was able to get rid of a lot of useless items.

Would the future Alice backpack setting be more like these?

11028796fd6.jpg

Well, no menus like that but the concept is similar. Forgot to mention there is also an ETool pouch and Combat Knife Sheath that can be attached and allows you to store the Entrenching Tool and Combat Knife to the pack without using up capacity. They do add weight to the pack though.

I have tried the mod,and I found a combat knife sheath. But I can't attach it onto the Alice backpack. And I couldn't find any recipe about the sheath in craft helper (I can find recipy about the Alice backpack and the long and short pouches. Is that what it should be? Or have I made some mistakes in installation?

And I feel that the Alice backpack is just a larger backpack with chances to increase capacity by attachment of pouches. Is this the idea which it was designed for, in this mod?

I have tried the mod,and I found a combat knife sheath. But I can't attach it onto the Alice backpack. And I couldn't find any recipe about the sheath in craft helper (I can find recipy about the Alice backpack and the long and short pouches. Is that what it should be? Or have I made some mistakes in installation?

And I feel that the Alice backpack is just a larger backpack with chances to increase capacity by attachment of pouches. Is this the idea which it was designed for, in this mod?

If you were unable to attach the sheath then you are still using an older version of the mod.  I released an update the other day that completely changed the attachment system.  At any rate, in that older version, the pack must be empty and you must attach a frame to the pack first before you can attach any of the pouches.  That old system was kind of clunky and relied on recipes to accomplish the attachments.  The new system does not use recipes and any pouch can be attached at any time.

Yes, chance to increase capacity and a convenient storage location for the ETool and Combat Knife was what it was designed for.

If you were unable to attach the sheath then you are still using an older version of the mod. I released an update the other day that completely changed the attachment system. At any rate, in that older version, the pack must be empty and you must attach a frame to the pack first before you can attach any of the pouches. That old system was kind of clunky and relied on recipes to accomplish the attachments. The new system does not use recipes and any pouch can be attached at any time.

Yes, chance to increase capacity and a convenient storage location for the ETool and Combat Knife was what it was designed for.

Well...the download link was blocked in my country....

But still good job.

• 2 weeks later...

With the new update everything seems fine except with guns : we now can't do anything with a gun. You still can equip a gun but you can't right click on it, or reload with R key.  Hope to see the mod update soon, it is great !

With the new update everything seems fine except with guns : we now can't do anything with a gun. You still can equip a gun but you can't right click on it, or reload with R key.  Hope to see the mod update soon, it is great !

also, we lost the Soldier Profession in the new build

I should have the mod fixed in a day or so.  Kind of busy IRL at the moment.

i would almost suggest waiting a week, see what else comes along in build 31 IWBUMS before fixing it

i would almost suggest waiting a week, see what else comes along in build 31 IWBUMS before fixing it

Yeah, looks like that is probably going to happen anyway.  This weekend will be the earliest that I will be able to get to it.

• 2 weeks later...

We just wiped our small server (for some reason it just wouldnt load anymore but anyways) and this was our first experience with mods in this game. Freaking Wow. Project Zomboid was already a fantastic game and now finding out we were able to add 3 new areas to the map (Dreadwood, Bedford Falls, New Denver) and mods... The game is absolutely incredible. Especially with this mod. Bravo to the creators.

This mod has given us so many new items to play with although we (well mainly I) am very strict about firing guns. In the Vanilla game it just isnt worth firing a weapon at all considering the amount of damage they do in exchange for the attention firing them draw towards you. However, Will def be trying out the new weapons to see their usefullness however with this restart. One of the first things i found off a zombie was the large Alice Pack and man thats exactly what has been missing from my inventory this whole time. Finally a decent sized bag. Already got and attached two additional attachements to it as well. We are just blown away by this mod and wanted to say thank you so much. Im also looking forward to the rain pancho as well (holy smokes the rain has driven me mad playing this game but need it for crops and realism).

We currently are using this mod, Canning Essentials, Craft Helper, Improvised Containers, JPM-Extended Building Options and also your Civilian MRE Mod (Also much thanks for that one as well) and all of them are excellent and have added soooooo much new content along with the new map zones. We had barely even made it to West Point as it was on our first server and we played for a couple weeks and had a blast just in Muldraugh building huge bases and clearing everything out (we have things set to respawn after a bit) so the thought of 3 new areas is just mind blowing. We went from being bummed about losing our server to now seeing it as a blessing in disguise getting good in game experience to now do things better this time around. We really cannot believe how much free content we just got to add to as i already stated before an already fantastic game. So again thank you so much for the two mods we are using of yours we really appreciate it.

We also tried to add the spraypaint mod and the hotbar mod but for some reason or another it sets off the luachecksum function and wont let my friend connect to the server with either of those enabled on the server. My other friend hasnt had a chance to play yet so not sure about him but i am able to connect with both those mode enabled so not sure where my friend or myself screwed up. Its really not a big deal at all though with everything else we were able to add. Sorry i rambled on and on and on but we are just truly blown away with what we just added to our server and im just gushing with excitement with how much more awesome things are now when we were already very satisfied with the vanilla game. Another massive Thank You to everyone that creates mods for this game and thanks for listening. If you are on the fence about adding this mod or any moda for that matter.... DEF DO IT!!!!!! Its soooo worth it just amazing stuff.

I can get the weapons equipped by using the 2 hotkey, but I can't reload the guns... Man this is rough, I really wanted to try it on my private server! Guess I'll have to wait a while for the fix... If anyone finds a simple one until then, please let me know!

I have been toying around with some of the code trying to find a fix. I have no experience modding on here but I have spent a fair amount of time writing and reading code. Let's see if I can throw something together, cause I really want to use this mod. I guess I could just break and use another weapon/bag mod, but Antize adds a bit too much for my liking, and the others don't add enough. Meh! Hope all is well NCrawler, missing you brah! lol.

EDIT:

I compared some of the files with the Antize files, which work, the lua files under the respective shared/reloading directories are formatted very differently. Other than that everything else looks pretty uniform and I can't figure out what the problem is... this mod is using a functiono called ISReloadUtil that I don't see in Antize. Maybe it is connected to that? I am going to fool around with the code some more.

EDIT: 

After renaming ISReloadUtil.lua to NCYawModReload.lua and changing the formatting to fit a working mods reload file, I have been able to get the weapons to respond to a right-click as well as shoot. Now they just won't reload. They have infinite ammo. haha.

EDIT: Still no luck. I can actually get the weapons firing and the right click menu working just by changing that ISReloadUtil filename to NCYawModReload. I imagine there is some conflict with the fact that you switched the weapons out with the old ones. Gonna keep plugging away for a bit. 

Hi all, I have been busy IRL updating my companies ERP system and in the middle of it had to complete a Microsoft Audit.  I should be able to get the mod updated this coming week, barring any unforeseen problems at work.  Thank for your patience.

Hi all, I have been busy IRL updating my companies ERP system and in the middle of it had to complete a Microsoft Audit.  I should be able to get the mod updated this coming week, barring any unforeseen problems at work.  Thank for your patience.

Yohaai! He is back! God bless your fingers so you can put it together as soon as possible. I`m gathering my family to play on a server, and I really want to use this awesome mod!

After several tests I've got it working. It was easier than I thought. If you'd like to make the changes yourself here is the info:

1. Go to /username/Zomboid/mods/NCYawMod/lua/shared/Reloading/

2. Rename ISReloadUtil.lua to NCYawModReload.lua

3. Open the file with Notepad ++ or similar editor and replace the ENTIRE FILE with this code:

--/** ==================================================**/----/** NCYawMod Reload Vitalsine Fix					 	**/----/** ==================================================**/--	local RRugerPistol = {		type			= "RugerMarkIII",		moduleName		= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass		= 'ISSemiAutoWeapon',		ammoType		= 'RugerMarkIIIMag',		clipName		= 'Ruger Mk III Magazine',		clipIcon		= 'Magazine_RugerMarkIII',		shootSound		= '22LR_Handgun',		clickSound		= 'DryFire_Pistol',		ejectSound		= 'stormy9mmClipEject',		insertSound		= 'LoadMagazine_Pistol',		rackSound		= 'PistolSlide',		containsClip	= 1,		maxCapacity		= 10,		reloadTime		= 10,		rackTime		= 10,		clipData		= RRugerPistolMag};			local RRugerPistolMag = {		type			= "RugerMarkIIIMag",		moduleName		= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass		= 'ISReloadableMagazine',		clipType		= 'RugerMarkIIIMag',		ammoType		= 'Bullets22LR',		shootSound		= 'none',		clickSound		= nil,		ejectSound		= 'none',		insertSound		= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		rackSound		= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		containsClip	= 0,		maxCapacity		= 10,		reloadTime		= 10,		rackTime		= 10};		local RBeretta9mmPistol = {		type			= "Beretta92FS",		moduleName		= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass		= 'ISSemiAutoWeapon',		ammoType		= 'Beretta92FSMag',		clipName		= 'Beretta 92FS Magazine',		clipIcon		= 'Magazine_Beretta92FS',		shootSound		= '9x19mmLuger_Handgun',		clickSound		= 'DryFire_Pistol',		ejectSound		= 'stormy9mmClipEject',		insertSound		= 'LoadMagazine_Pistol',		rackSound		= 'PistolSlide',		containsClip	= 1,		maxCapacity		= 15,		reloadTime		= 10,		rackTime		= 10,		clipData		= RBeretta9mmMag};			local RBeretta9mmMag = {		type			= "Beretta92FSMag",		moduleName		= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass		= 'ISReloadableMagazine',		clipType		= 'Beretta92FSMag',		ammoType		= 'Bullets9x19mmLuger',		shootSound		= 'none',		clickSound		= nil,		ejectSound		= 'none',		insertSound		= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		rackSound		= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		containsClip	= 0,		maxCapacity		= 15,		reloadTime		= 15,		rackTime		= 10};			local RBeretta40Pistol = {		type			= "BerettaPx4Storm",		moduleName		= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass		= 'ISSemiAutoWeapon',		ammoType		= 'BerettaPx4StormMag',		clipName		= 'Beretta Px4 Storm Magazine',		clipIcon		= 'Magazine_BerettaPx4Storm',		shootSound		= '40S&W',		clickSound		= 'DryFire_Pistol',		ejectSound		= 'stormy9mmClipEject',		insertSound		= 'LoadMagazine_Pistol',		rackSound		= 'PistolSlide',		containsClip	= 1,		maxCapacity		= 14,		reloadTime		= 10,		rackTime		= 10,		clipData		= RBeretta40Mag};			local RBeretta40Mag = {		type			= "BerettaPx4StormMag",		moduleName		= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass		= 'ISReloadableMagazine',		clipType		= 'BerettaPx4StormMag',		ammoType		= 'Bullets40SW',		shootSound		= 'none',		clickSound		= nil,		ejectSound		= 'none',		insertSound		= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		rackSound		= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		containsClip	= 0,		maxCapacity		= 14,		reloadTime		= 14,		rackTime		= 10};			local RColtPistol = {		type			= "Colt1911",		moduleName		= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass		= 'ISSemiAutoWeapon',		ammoType		= 'Colt1911Mag',		clipName		= 'Colt 1911 Magazine',		clipIcon		= 'Magazine_Colt1911',		shootSound		= '45ACP',		clickSound		= 'DryFire_Pistol',		ejectSound		= 'stormy9mmClipEject',		insertSound		= 'LoadMagazine_Pistol',		rackSound		= 'PistolSlide',		containsClip	= 1,		maxCapacity		= 7,		reloadTime		= 10,		rackTime		= 10,		clipData		= RColtMag};			local RColtMag = {		type			= "Colt1911Mag",		moduleName		= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass		= 'ISReloadableMagazine',		clipType		= 'Colt1911Mag',		ammoType		= 'Bullets45ACP',		shootSound		= 'none',		clickSound		= nil,		ejectSound		= 'none',		insertSound		= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		rackSound		= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		containsClip	= 0,		maxCapacity		= 7,		reloadTime		= 7,		rackTime		= 10};			local RSwPistol = {		type			= "S&W686",		moduleName		= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass		= 'ISShotgunWeapon',		ammoType		= 'Bullets357Magnum',		rackSound		= 'RevolverClose',		shootSound		= '357Magnum',		clickSound		= 'DryFire_Pistol',		insertSound		= 'LoadRevolver',		maxCapacity		= 6,		reloadTime		= 10,		rackTime		= 10};			local RRugerRifle = {		type				= "Ruger1022",		moduleName			= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass			= 'ISSemiAutoWeapon',		ammoType			= 'Ruger1022Mag',		rackSound			= 'RifleSlide',		clipName			= 'Ruger 10-22 Magazine',		clipIcon			= 'Magazine_Ruger10-22',		shootSound			= '22LR_Rifle',		shootSoundPartial	= '22LR_Rifle',		clickSound			= 'DryFire_Rifle',		ejectSound			= 'stormy9mmClipEject',		insertSound			= 'LoadMagazine_Rifle',		bulletOutSound		= 'stormy9mmClipEject',		containsClip		= 1,		maxCapacity			= 10,		reloadTime			= 10,		rackTime			= 10,		clipData			= RRugerRifleMag};			local RRugerRifleMag = {		type				= "Ruger1022Mag",		moduleName			= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass			= 'ISReloadableMagazine',		clipType			= 'Ruger1022Mag',		ammoType			= 'Bullets22LR',		shootSound			= 'none',		clickSound			= nil,		ejectSound			= 'none',		insertSound			= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		rackSound			= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		containsClip		= 0,		maxCapacity			= 10,		reloadTime			= 10,		rackTime			= 10};			local RWinchesterRifle = {		type				= "Winchester94",		moduleName			= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass			= 'ISShotgunWeapon',		ammoType			= 'Bullets3030Win',		rackSound			= 'LeverAction',		shootSound			= '3030Win',		shootSoundPartial	= '3030Win',		clickSound			= 'DryFire_Rifle',		insertSound			= 'LoadRoundInternalMag',		bulletOutSound		= "bulletOutVarmint",		maxCapacity			= 6,		reloadTime			= 10,		rackTime			= 10};			local RColtRifle = {		type				= "ColtAR15A3",		moduleName			= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass			= 'ISSemiAutoWeapon',		ammoType			= 'ColtAR15A3Mag',		rackSound			= 'RifleSlide',		clipName			= 'Colt AR15-A3 Magazine',		clipIcon			= 'Magazine_ColtAR15A3',		shootSound			= '223Rem',		shootSoundPartial	= '223Rem',		clickSound			= 'DryFire_Rifle',		ejectSound			= 'stormy9mmClipEject',		insertSound			= 'LoadMagazine_Rifle',		bulletOutSound		= "bulletOutVarmint",		containsClip		= 1,		maxCapacity			= 30,		reloadTime			= 10,		rackTime			= 10,		clipData			= RColtRifleMag};			local RColtRifleMag = {		type				= "ColtAR15A3Mag",		moduleName			= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass			= 'ISReloadableMagazine',		clipType			= 'ColtAR15A3Mag',		ammoType			= 'Bullets223Rem',		shootSound			= 'none',		clickSound			= nil,		ejectSound			= 'none',		insertSound			= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		rackSound			= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		containsClip		= 0,		maxCapacity			= 30,		reloadTime			= 30,		rackTime			= 10};			local RRemingtonRifle = {		type				= "Remington700SPS",		moduleName			= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass			= 'ISShotgunWeapon',		ammoType			= 'Bullets308Win',		rackSound			= 'BoltAction',		shootSound			= '308Win',		shootSoundPartial	= '308Win',		clickSound			= 'DryFire_Rifle',		insertSound			= 'LoadRoundInternalMag',		bulletOutSound		= "bulletOutVarmint",		maxCapacity			= 5,		reloadTime			= 10,		rackTime			= 10};			local RSKSRifle = {		type = "SKS45",		moduleName			= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass			= 'ISSemiAutoWeapon',		ammoType			= 'SKS45Mag',		clipName			= 'SKS-45 Stripper Clip',		clipIcon			= 'Magazine_SKS-45',		rackSound			= 'RifleSlide',		shootSound			= '762x39mmM43',		shootSoundPartial	= '762x39mmM43',		clickSound			= 'DryFire_Rifle',		ejectSound			= 'stormy9mmClipEject',		insertSound			= 'StripperClip',		bulletOutSound		= "bulletOutVarmint",		containsClip		= 1,		maxCapacity			= 10,		reloadTime			= 10,		rackTime			= 10,		clipData			= RSKSMag};			local RSKSMag = {		type				= "SKS45Mag",		moduleName			= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass			= 'ISReloadableMagazine',		clipType			= 'SKS45Mag',		ammoType			= 'Bullets762x39mm',		shootSound			= 'none',		clickSound			= nil,		ejectSound			= 'none',		insertSound			= 'stormyRevolverInsertRound',		rackSound			= 'stormyRevolverInsertRound',		containsClip		= 0,		maxCapacity			= 10,		reloadTime			= 10,		rackTime			= 10};			local RMossbergShotgun = {		type				= "Mossberg500AT",		moduleName			= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass			= 'ISShotgunWeapon',		ammoType			= 'Shells12Ga',		rackSound			= 'ShotgunPump',		shootSound			= '12ga',		shootSoundPartial	= '12ga',		clickSound			= 'DryFire_Rifle',		insertSound			= 'ShotgunLoad',		bulletOutSound		= 'ShotgunPump',		maxCapacity			= 6,		reloadTime			= 10,		rackTime			= 10};			local RSawedOffMossbergShotgun = {		type				= "SawedOffMossberg500AT",		moduleName			= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass			= 'ISShotgunWeapon',		ammoType			= 'Shells12Ga',		rackSound			= 'ShotgunPump',		shootSound			= '12ga',		shootSoundPartial	= '12ga',		clickSound			= 'DryFire_Rifle',		insertSound			= 'ShotgunLoad',		maxCapacity			= 6,		reloadTime			= 10,		rackTime 			= 10};			local RHkSMG = {		type				= "HKMP5A3",		moduleName			= 'NCYawMod',		--reloadClass			= 'ISAutomaticWeapon',	--broken		reloadClass			= 'ISSemiAutoWeapon',		ammoType			= 'HKMP5A3Mag',		rackSound			= 'RifleSlide',		clipName			= 'HK MP5A3 Magazine',		clipIcon			= 'Magazine_HKMP5A3',		shootSound			= '9x19mmLuger_SMG',		shootSoundPartial	= '9x19mmLuger_SMG',		clickSound			= 'DryFire_Rifle',		ejectSound			= 'stormy9mmClipEject',		insertSound			= 'LoadMagazine_Rifle',		bulletOutSound		= "bulletOutVarmint",		containsClip		= 1,		maxCapacity			= 30,		reloadTime			= 10,		rackTime			= 10,		clipData			= RHkSmgMag};			local RHkSmgMag = {		type				= "HKMP5A3Mag",		moduleName			= 'NCYawMod',		reloadClass			= 'ISReloadableMagazine',		clipType			= 'HKMP5A3Mag',		ammoType			= 'Bullets9x19mmLuger',		shootSound			= 'none',		clickSound			= nil,		ejectSound			= 'none',		insertSound			= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		rackSound			= 'LoadRoundExternalMag',		containsClip		= 0,		maxCapacity			= 30,		reloadTime			= 30,		rackTime			= 10};		--/** ==================================================**/----/** ReloadUtil	   	 	  						 	**/----/** ==================================================**/--		ReloadUtil:addMagazineType(RRugerPistolMag)ReloadUtil:addMagazineType(RBeretta9mmMag)ReloadUtil:addMagazineType(RBeretta40Mag)ReloadUtil:addMagazineType(RColtMag)ReloadUtil:addMagazineType(RRugerRifleMag)ReloadUtil:addMagazineType(RColtRifleMag)ReloadUtil:addMagazineType(RSKSMag)ReloadUtil:addMagazineType(RHkSmgMag)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RRugerPistol)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RBeretta9mmPistol)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RBeretta40Pistol)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RColtPistol)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RSwPistol)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RRugerRifle)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RWinchesterRifle)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RColtRifle)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RRemingtonRifle)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RSKSRifle)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RMossbergShotgun)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RSawedOffMossbergShotgun)ReloadUtil:addWeaponType(RHkSMG)

OR get the file on my dropbox, and simply delete ISReloadUtil and put NCYawModReload in its place. Can't wait to use these on my server! Woo! Hope I was able to help bro. After a bunch of tests it seems everything is working correctly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rabzobf0pt8oxue/NCYawModReload%20Fix.zip?dl=0

Vital

After several tests I've got it working. It was easier than I thought. If you'd like to make the changes yourself here is the info:

3. Open the file with Notepad ++ or similar editor and replace the ENTIRE FILE with this code:

(...) I`ve needed to supress all this...

OR get the file on my dropbox, and simply delete ISReloadUtil and put NCYawModReload in its place. Can't wait to use these on my server! Woo! Hope I was able to help bro. After a bunch of tests it seems everything is working correctly.

Vital

I`ve tested that fix yeasterday... It has infinite ammo on multiplayer...

BTW, how I enable mods on multiplayer, without simply merging the media folder from vanilla with the media folders from the mods? (found in the forums)

Edited by Neetzow

(...) I`ve needed to supress all this...

Vital

I`ve tested that fix yeasterday... It has infinite ammo on multiplayer...

BTW, how I enable mods on multiplayer, without simply merging the media folder from vanilla with the media folders from the mods? (found in the forums)

Me and my brother are using my modified files on my private server and we don't have infinite ammo. Weird lol. I must have made an additional change that I did not note. Sorry!