Yet Another Weapon Mod

NCrawler

:oops:

"Large First Aid Kit

Medium Tool Bag

Large Ammo Can

Medium ALICE pack

Large ALICE pack"

what are these new backpacks different from the original ones? Only with different name, icon and bigger capacity, or any other new features.

You can attach a Frame to the Alice packs, then you will be able to attach pouches to them and increase the capacity, so usefull :)

"Large First Aid Kit

Medium Tool Bag

Large Ammo Can

Medium ALICE pack

Large ALICE pack"

what are these new backpacks different from the original ones? Only with different name, icon and bigger capacity, or any other new features.

As Javi said, the ALICE packs can attach a frame and other pouches to increase capacity and weight reduction.  As for the First Aid, Ammo and Toolbag, the only one similar to a core item is the First Aid Kit.  It is intended to be sort of an EMS type bag with a larger capacity, etc.  They all also have a chance of spawning items inside when you find them.  First aid items, tools and ammo for the respective bag.

I am about to release an update that addresses the attachment system for the ALICE packs.  It will be much more robust.  Context menus instead of recipes so I was able to get rid of a lot of useless items.

"Large First Aid Kit

Medium Tool Bag

Large Ammo Can

Medium ALICE pack

Large ALICE pack"

You can attach a Frame to the Alice packs, then you will be able to attach pouches to them and increase the capacity, so usefull :)

:shock: So, it's just more extra large bags?

"Large First Aid Kit

Medium Tool Bag

Large Ammo Can

Medium ALICE pack

Large ALICE pack"

As Javi said, the ALICE packs can attach a frame and other pouches to increase capacity and weight reduction.  As for the First Aid, Ammo and Toolbag, the only one similar to a core item is the First Aid Kit.  It is intended to be sort of an EMS type bag with a larger capacity, etc.  They all also have a chance of spawning items inside when you find them.  First aid items, tools and ammo for the respective bag.

I am about to release an update that addresses the attachment system for the ALICE packs.  It will be much more robust.  Context menus instead of recipes so I was able to get rid of a lot of useless items.

Would the future Alice backpack setting be more like these?

11028796fd6.jpg

"Large First Aid Kit

Medium Tool Bag

Large Ammo Can

Medium ALICE pack

Large ALICE pack"

Would the future Alice backpack setting be more like these?

11028796fd6.jpg

Well, no menus like that but the concept is similar.  Forgot to mention there is also an ETool pouch and Combat Knife Sheath that can be attached and allows you to store the Entrenching Tool and Combat Knife to the pack without using up capacity.  They do add weight to the pack though.

I'm currently getting this error when loading the mod for my Private Testing server. Would this have been caused by adding this mod to an already "in-progress" server?

-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: initClothing -- file: SoldierProfession.lua line # 148java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index of non-table        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.luaAssert(KahluaUtil.java:79)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableSet(KahluaThread.java:1581)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:574)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1722)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1667)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:53)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCallVoid(LuaCaller.java:81)        at zombie.Lua.Event.trigger(Event.java:37)        at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEvent(LuaEventManager.java:64)        at zombie.network.GameServer.doMinimumInit(GameServer.java:1066)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:208)-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: initClothing -- file: SoldierProfession.lua line # 148

I'm currently getting this error when loading the mod for my Private Testing server. Would this have been caused by adding this mod to an already "in-progress" server?

-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: initClothing -- file: SoldierProfession.lua line # 148java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index of non-table        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.luaAssert(KahluaUtil.java:79)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableSet(KahluaThread.java:1581)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:574)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1722)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcallvoid(KahluaThread.java:1667)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcallvoid(LuaCaller.java:53)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCallVoid(LuaCaller.java:81)        at zombie.Lua.Event.trigger(Event.java:37)        at zombie.Lua.LuaEventManager.triggerEvent(LuaEventManager.java:64)        at zombie.network.GameServer.doMinimumInit(GameServer.java:1066)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:208)-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------function: initClothing -- file: SoldierProfession.lua line # 148

Hmm, that's a strange one.  Do you have any other mods installed that modify clothing?  Fur clothing mod or something like that?

Hmm, that's a strange one.  Do you have any other mods installed that modify clothing?  Fur clothing mod or something like that?

The only mods I have loaded are as follows: Dreadwood, BedfordFalls, CraftHelper, spraypaint, CanningEssentials, JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions, NCYawMod

This mod is pretty awesome.  The only problem is that I had to start a new game in order to get it to work, which kinda sucks cause the fort i made took a week to make. <_<

If I have the item respawn turned on in sandbox mode will your items respawn on my old save?  Really don't want to have to start over.

The only mods I have loaded are as follows: Dreadwood, BedfordFalls, CraftHelper, spraypaint, CanningEssentials, JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions, NCYawMod

Well, I'll need to do a little more digging to try and find what is making the mod do that.  This is a strange one.

This mod is pretty awesome.  The only problem is that I had to start a new game in order to get it to work, which kinda sucks cause the fort i made took a week to make. <_<

If I have the item respawn turned on in sandbox mode will your items respawn on my old save?  Really don't want to have to start over.

Yes, items should respawn and you should not have to start a new game.  If, however, you want to use the newest version which I am about to upload and you already have an older version installed then you will more than likely need to start a new game if you already have an ALICE pack with attachments in your inventory.  Sorry, nature of the beast sometimes.

New version uploaded.  Changelog:

vB30.009 - 02/18/2015	--Removed custom profession spawn points		--[Not working right]	--Updated ALICE Attachment system		--[Now uses context menus rather than recipes]		--[Added ability to pack ETool and Combat Knife]	--Added Rare, Normal and Plentiful loot spawn distributions		--[Choose during install]	--Changed ALICE component distributions		--[Added to their own spawn table]	--Fixed issue with E-Tool not equipping		--[Now works exactly the same as a shovel]

Due to some major changes with the attachment system, if you already have the mod installed and have an ALICE pack with attachments in your inventory then you will need to start a new game to use this version.  Also, this version should not be installed over the top of an existing install.  You should completely remove the old version and then install this one.

Attachment system instructions:

Pack must be in your main inventory, unequipped.  Item to attach should also be in main inventory, unequipped.  Right clicking on the ALICE pack will bring up 'Attach xxx' menu items if attachments are in your main inventory.  You can pack the ETool and/or Combat Knife while the pack is either equipped or unequipped.  To detach items, just unequip your pack and right click to bring up the appropriate menu items.

There are no indicators of what is attached to the pack at the moment.  I ran into an issue with the tooltips and will be looking for an alternate solution.

Yes, items should respawn and you should not have to start a new game.  If, however, you want to use the newest version which I am about to upload and you already have an older version installed then you will more than likely need to start a new game if you already have an ALICE pack with attachments in your inventory.  Sorry, nature of the beast sometimes.

Well none of the items have shown up in my old save even with the mod enabled so I don't have an ALICE pack with any attachments.  So if I can change the item respawn so it is enable then it should work is what it sounds like your saying, right?

Well none of the items have shown up in my old save even with the mod enabled so I don't have an ALICE pack with any attachments.  So if I can change the item respawn so it is enable then it should work is what it sounds like your saying, right?

To use any mod that spawns items with an already in progress game, you will need to search for items in places you have not searched before.  Not sure how the item respawn works as I've never played a game with it turned on.  I would guess that it would spawn my items though.

To use any mod that spawns items with an already in progress game, you will need to search for items in places you have not searched before.  Not sure how the item respawn works as I've never played a game with it turned on.  I would guess that it would spawn my items though.

Funny, I looked to see if i had enabled item respawn and I did, but its set to monthly respawn. :rolleyes:   So I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  Hopefully your items spawn when the respawn happens.  The fort I built required me to clear out a large amount of trees which took a while so fingers crossed.

Hi,

I took a quick look to the code, its just awesome. I made tiny changes for my friends , added a desert eagle, with 50AE bullets, box etc ...

Also added a silencer for all handguns except the DE and the S&W686 :evil: .  Should be equipped as secondary item.

Here is the link http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=97460373756972823975 if someone wants it. (made changes from the lastest update)

Hi,

I took a quick look to the code, its just awesome. I made tiny changes for my friends , added a desert eagle, with 50AE bullets, box etc ...

Also added a silencer for all handguns except the DE and the S&W686 :evil: .  Should be equipped as secondary item.

Here is the link http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=97460373756972823975 if someone wants it. (made changes from the lastest update)

Cool, glad you like the mod.  Let me know how it plays with the DE and silencers.