The ability to send HTTP requests

scottd564

Hello there.

Is their any functions that are accessible via Lua which will allow me to send HTTP requests? I've looked around the JavaDoc and couldn't seem to find anything that stood out. 

Sorry in advance if this is the incorrect section to ask about this.

Thank you. 

EDIT: Or Sockets. That works too. :)

Edited by scottd564

Hi, I'm not really the best person to answer you, but I remember seeing that no TCP/UDP methods or whatever were available, yet (i.e. not implemented :P)

You can't mod multiplayer in with lua, you would have to implement this in the class files (decompile, correct 1500 errors, recompile, add your code, recompile).:D

I was also looking for such functions to pass data onto a webserver, Dr_Cox. I hope that this will be available in the future. My modifications were being made ready for multiplayer anyhow so this isn't so much of a problem at this current time.

I guess I will go onto look for a way to implement my own work around for now, unless someone has an alternative. :)

One way to implement a workaround might be to find a simple, single-use class in the game, and make a shim for it. That is, to modify the part where the single-use class is used, so that your shim class is used instead. Everything pertaining to the original class is just passed through by the shim's code. Then you can implement whatever methods you need inside the shim as it now gets loaded by the game, and export those into Lua world. If you find a simple enough candidate for the shim, this could even be relatively future-proof.