NPC Factional control in Multiplayer

Flint_Green

I know we still don't know much about Npcs but this will definitely become an issue in a multiplayer setting. If I have attained a decent size NPC faction in multiplayer and a player joins us I would appreciate it if they wouldn't be able to start giving orders and taking npcs out on supply runs right off the bat.  It would be easier and safer if there was a way to delegate who was allowed to give orders and bring npc survivors with them on supply runs.  I think this would be keeping with the spirit of PZ.  It would be weird if the new guy in the group who nobody even knows yet just suddenly started giving out orders and assigning jobs like they are the leader.  Most people would probably get annoyed and think that guy would be a nuisance. 

I don't know if there should be ranks within the faction it would be cool if there was.  But I think at least keeping the general flow and direction the faction is going should be up to the one who founded it.  If the leader decides to give a player or maybe (if Possible) an npc the ability to take people on supply runs and leave the base there should be an option for that to keep things relatively under control.  I don't think players should have more rights than the NPCs just because they are a player.  Id rather people be on the same level to keep things feeling natural.  And if someone has more rights its because the leader of the group gave them those rights, whether player or npc.  It would be like a very loose chain of command (or it could be more strict if possible).

I suppose with all this being said you could also end up losing control to other players if NPCs begin questioning your leadership abilities.  I know that all of this could already be decided on and will be part of how npcs function but I thought id make the suggestion anyway just in case.

• Flint_Green changed the title to NPC Factional control in Multiplayer