Game Crashing

kurakuhedo

Question

So, Ive only gotten the game for a week or so and recently my game has been crashing frequently in the middle of the game, sometimes right at the start or the game would run for a bit longer until it crashes, ever since this started ive never passed 30 mins or 1 hour of gameplay.

18 answers to this question

I am not sure at that point then, generally this graphics card should be able to run the game, best I can suggest is the things I already suggested, lowering your game settings, turning of background programs and keeping your drivers up to date, since it seems like a graphics card crash.

Try going to your Steam Library > Right click Project Zomboid > Properties > Set Launch Options > Type -novoip > Start the game

Additionally, can you go to 
Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid and see if there are any "hs_err_pid" files there? If yes, can you share the latest ones?

In that case can you try updating your graphics card drivers? They seem a bit outdated:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/212683/graphics/graphics-for-11th-generation-intel-processors/intel-uhd-graphics-730.html#drivers-software

Also, can you reset your settings as well?

Right-click on your desktop and select Graphics Properties.

Click 3D.

Click Restore Defaults.

I do not think other games would afffect it, it looks like a very specific error that is related to the graphics failing for some reason, or opengl specifically. Could you try maybe uninstalling your Java as well? Sometimes custom Java settings can cause such issues, the game uses its own built-in Java.

Archived