Indoor Farming 41.65 [solved]

Jesse

I saw a video a while back about making farms inside buildings. I don't know which version of the game they were on at the time though so I wanted to ask before trying.

Is it still possible to make functioning farms inside of existing houses, and will doing this allow my crops to survive the cold?

I have a plan for a small indoor farm on B41.65 using an awesome irrigation mod I found, I just want to be sure that the plants can actually grow indoors.

EDIT: Thank you to Axezombie for the info!

If nothing changed recently then yes they can grow inside, don't even need light to grow and yes it will protect them from cold, you can also warm up plants with an heat source like a campfire. 

Also cold doesn't kill plants, it only reduces their growth speed

• Jesse changed the title to Indoor Farming 41.65 [solved]

Not a botanist, but it doesnt seem right that you can grow vegetables indoors during the winter with ease in PZ. Cold should kill growth and without enough proper light plants should grow slower. Regular light bulbs could give some stimulus to grows, but not the same as sunlinght. Wish there were more and easier ways to preserve food for winter. Jars are rare in PZ and jar lids are not reusable.

Archived