Server to player messaging alterations needed.

shockelite

I host a fairly large and active unmodded Project Zomboid server. I really need a way to “whisper” players from server console. It’s unprofessional to announce warnings server-wide when someone is being naughty. Perhaps you could add optional flags to the /servermsg command much like the /banuser command.

/servermsg <Message "String"> [-p "String"] [-s] [-b] [-n]
<> Required
[] Optional

Options:
[(-p | -player) "Player Name"] - Direct this message to a certain player, otherwise all players.
[(-s | -say)] - Create temporary message over player entities.
[(-b | -broadcast)] - Create a temporary message in the center of the screen.
[(-n | -nolog)] - Do not send message to player(s) chat window/log.

Not only could this aid in improving the server image but could also be used for certain owner-made events. 

Edited by shockelite

• 1 month later...

I'd find this really useful too for my discord bot - currently servermsg is the only way to mirror messages from discord to the game, but as it flashes up in big red letters it's not very user friendly, so more options around this command would be great

• 4 weeks later...

I need this for my server New Hope (top EU server). I hope they add this soon so the mod community can make use of it and send messages to the game. As an admin, sending every message as big red letters through rcon is a bit unprofessional indeed.

Edited by Rayeloy

• 2 months later...