NPC quests and mini backstories

JEDARDO

For those who have been really wanting NPCs, I think it's great. For me, one of the things I love about PZ is I don't have to perform quests or play to anyone else's imagination. I play solo and for the past couple of years, I've learned to make up my own little goals and things to keep my Survivor progressing and in some cases...Alive! I remember reading posts about some ppl getting bored after a certain amount of time but that has never happened to me. It's because my Survivor has a purpose, a constant reminder that he/she must push forward and perform certain tasks to insure they survive in the apocalypse. 

For most people, PZ is one of the hardest zombie/survival games out there and it's nothing to loose your survivor after a couple of weeks or even a month or two. In the very beginning, I couldn't stay alive for more than a few hours or a day or two. I do know of some very awesome veteran players that have had their character survive for a year maybe two? But I think they are not the norm. Even the very good players cannot predict what's coming around that corner and some of us get complacent and cocky. 

So there's no need for me to have non-human players in my game to make it exciting. Each day I survive is a challenge. I've said this before but it's never been confirmed...I truly hope that NPCs are an option. If not, it would be no different than playing any other RPG where I have to seek out people, perform quests, etc. The rawness and realistic way that PZ plays is what attracted me. That's why it has been my main game to play for a couple of years now. 

This is just my feelings about NPCs and gameplay and for those who really want them, I'm glad this will eventually become a reality for you. 

14 minutes ago, fcolley3 said:

So there's no need for me to have non-human players in my game to make it exciting. Each day I survive is a challenge. I've said this before but it's never been confirmed...I truly hope that NPCs are an option. If not, it would be no different than playing any other RPG where I have to seek out people, perform quests, etc. The rawness and realistic way that PZ plays is what attracted me. That's why it has been my main game to play for a couple of years now. 

There'll no doubt be options - however NPCs aren't intended to be static like this making it an RPG with quest givers. More like MP, playing the game as a survivor and traits/personalities being the focal point to create some drama and add more to the 'story' of how you died. More endgame threats with bandits/factions etc...

It's really the type of game PZ has always set out to be. Anything else (like the videos above, no disrespect to the creator) would really be immersion breaking for a game like PZ.

On 1/20/2022 at 5:55 PM, MadDan2013 said:

There'll no doubt be options - however NPCs aren't intended to be static like this making it an RPG with quest givers. More like MP, playing the game as a survivor and traits/personalities being the focal point to create some drama and add more to the 'story' of how you died. More endgame threats with bandits/factions etc...

It's really the type of game PZ has always set out to be. Anything else (like the videos above, no disrespect to the creator) would really be immersion breaking for a game like PZ.

I really hope you're right about the "options". I don't think I'd be as interested in the game if NPCs are something I'd be forced to contend with. It just wouldn't be the same game for me. I know adding NPCs is something that the devs have always intended but I didn't realize it was such an intricate piece that was considered a "must have" in the game. Although I don't play multiplayer, it's understandable that's a piece that the devs felt was a very important piece that had always been a major goal and that the game would not be complete without it. I've been watching some of the multiplayer videos on youtube and some of them are quite entertaining. Again, not something I'd be interested in participating in but I've had many great laughs while watching others.

Thank you for your response. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see if it's an option or not. I get the feeling that it will be quite a while before it's included and that's perfectly fine with me.