Help Recreating a Server Save File - Have backups

flyguybc

Hello friends,

So the short story is I was trying to update mods, something happened and the server loaded without them and changed all the modded items to vanilla.  I tried to crash out to avoid a save point but no luck.  My last backup was 7 days ago so 3 friends and i lost a lot of work.

Now I have the save files from 7 days ago, and I have a copy from right after the incident happened.

I see all these time stamped map_807_1184.bins.  Is it possible to delete those back to when the error occurred?  Or could I possibly copy the vehicles.db etc. type files from my save 7 days ago?  I know we'd loose stuff, but the world would stay the same right?  Then I could just spawn in what we were missing?

I usually back up saves more, but its so frustrating having to go through all these hoops to keep mods "up to date".

Any help is appreciated.

Hello, do you play MP on a dedicated, or a self hosted ?

What i known for the save file structur is:

-Chunkdata = i don't known

-Map_XXXX_XXXX = Contain the data of cells (players building, loots in crates etcetc)

-Map_t = stores the time like the in game date and other bits like the emergency broadcast system frequency.

-Map_p = stores the players datas

-zpop_xxx = store the zombie stats

If you are a local host, you can creat a script and run it as a planned task

wmic shadowcopy call create Volume=C:\
rem dont forget to setup the numbers of snapshot here  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VSS\Settings on a dword "MaxShadowCopies" 1 to 512 

i planish it to run every 2h so if my game crash, i have lost max 2h of work.

And before i use this solution, i use a cheat mod to rebuild what was lost (building and loot spawn). It's hard and take a lote of time, bu still faster than 7 day of rework ^^

Edited by NyhuFR