[Multiplayer] [Vanilla] Loot Respawn SOLVED!

PZ_Axe_For_You

Hi,

I run a dedicated multiplayer server with no mods, 100% vanilla, and my player base was having a very hard time with the loot respawn. Despite having loot respawn enabled, loot never seemed to respawn anywhere. After some testing, I've isolated the problem:

Set SeenHoursPreventLootRespawn in the sandbox options to 1. I had it set to 0, and that caused loot to not respawn at all. The steps I took to verify this are as follows:

1. Set the server option HoursForLootRespawn to some low value - I set it to 1 for testing purposes (I usually have it higher for a balanced experience - every 5 days IRL ish)
  2. Loot a store on your admin account, taking all items from every container
  3. Move far enough away that the chunk is no longer loaded and wait for the necessary time for loot to respawn.
  4. Return to the looted location and verify whether the loot has respawned.

Using the steps above, the following settings resulted in no loot respawn:

HoursForLootRespawn=1

LootRespawn = 3

SeenHoursPreventLootRespawn = 0

MaxItemsForLootRespawn=8

BUT, with the following settings, loot DID respawn:

HoursForLootRespawn=1

LootRespawn = 3

SeenHoursPreventLootRespawn=1

MaxItemsForLootRespawn=8

I'd also like to note that when SeenHoursPreventLootRespawn=0 and I stayed in the chunk I was testing, loot did not respawn in front of me as I expected. When it's 0 what I thought would happen is it wouldn't matter whether a chunk has been seen or not, the loot would still respawn. That is not true.

I hope this helps some of my fellow admins out there, as I wasn't able to find this answer documented anywhere else.

Best,

Axe

• 1 year later...

Hello, I'm new to pz and running a modded server as hos. I am wondering is there a way to do this in a modded server. Im having trouble finding commands like loot respawn and max items for loot respawns

Edited by Jimmyjamjinjames
didnt explain enough