Farming-MP and more

D3st

Farming MP idea
Hi there,here a suggestion about farming.Would it be possible to create a small system that when planting stuff on ground safe house,when you quit everything froze as well?I mean food rotting,plant needs and your gens ect...Right now if you play on a heavy populated server and the server never pause you are facing a big problem over time.If you sleep IRL more then 6 hours if you come back into the game there a great chance that plants will be dead and gen empty.

An other idea that i got to expand the first idea would be some kind of flag that we drop near safe house to expand it(most be connected to safe house to advoid mp grief).This could be expanded lil futher with faction system where faction can slowly grab land by unlocking them via the new tech tree coming or other system based on number of player inside the faction.Anyway each player should be able to expand it at least 1 time.So garden remain protected by the first idea i had when player is offline.

Cheer D3st

I think its would be a nice way to make player feel safe to leave game when they are done for the day and come back next morning where they have left it without (cheating).Could be a way too for later part of the game to have something for faction VS faction by grabbing strategic part of the map like the bridge which lead to louiseville :).Sure thing we need something which froze time when player quit for base-gen-garden-fridge ect...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, passage of server time when you're absent is a huge problem. It's annoying on a small private server, I can only imagine how bad it is on bigger servers. It sucks to log in to find your food rotten and plants withered. I don't think anyone has had a successful harvest on our server even once, and we're just 4 people logging in at different times.

I guess the only solution would be to have some sort of ownership for crops/plants, eg. whoever does the planting is the "owner". When the owner isn't around, the plants go into "slow motion", ie. growth and rotting slow down, watering needs are lower, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 5:22 AM, Pandorea said:

Yeah, this is on our radar (and has been for a while). I am not sure when a fix will be made, unfortunately, as MP build is still a WIP and there is an overhaul of Farming planned in one of the future builds too.. 

Great new thanks you very much :)