Just a few questions....

Sooner535

Question

First off hi I'm new ^.^ I love PZ and it just might be the most freaking stable alpha or otherwise game out there, I see bug reports everywhere but never had one (well except the ones I'm about to say lol) so kudos to everyone involved your game is awesome and I'm happy with the price I paid and the content I got.

Now after the long winded opening......

1. Sledge hammers, I've heard they can break walls and furniture. I cannot break pre existing walls (only hit them twice but since made no sound I figured wouldn't work) and furniture (IE chairs, crates, beds) neither of which has worked so what is the deal? Or perhaps I missed something (highly possible lol

2. Sandbox options, I believe zombies are basically walking objects lol they arnt scary or anything they just are stupid and the only way their going to kill you is swarm you. With that in mind I've set the options around trying to see how this worked, but I also tried for a WD approach with everyone is infected, no disease mortality, and instant reanimate. I got bit and my health said zombified and it killed me so what's the deal? How can I turn off infections for poops and giggles also if I set power and water shut off to highest it says 0-5 years and they shut off in under a week, is it broken?

3. Nails, other than finding 5 every 30 buildings is there another way to get these? Lol their impossible to get I've only had about 50 of them in a game (9 day survival with days set to 12 hour)

4. Loot rarity and zombie corpses, does loot rarity set for corpses, boxes/shelfs/cabinets, or both? Furthermore what items can be found on zombies? (I know of clothes, pen, pencil, all readable items and writable ones, axe, and I think I found a few utensils on one)

5. Will there be a way to increase strength permanently in the future? (Realistically it's possible because lugging around 16 pounds or more of crap will make you heck stronger.

Sorry for the long amount of babbling thanks for any responses

5 answers to this question

1. People talked about it because that's how it was in previous versions, early on. It will be back at some point but at the moment, you can't destroy pre-made walls or furniture with the sledge hammer.

2. Setting the transmission to "Everyone is infected" is the Walking Dead kind of transmission, meaning that everyone is infected and if they die (not limited to a bite) they turn.

You would have to turn it to "none". Since I never tried to play with the "None" transmission setting I can't tell you if it works as intented or is bugged.

Sandbox settings might not work as they are supposed to, at the moment. E.g. they might reverse to the "default" setting while playing.

3. I get mine from crates and zombies. 

4. All kinds of shit. Not sure if there's a list. If so, hopefully someone comes up with it. Personally, I like finding out stuff for myself instead of looking at a list and then "grinding" for X.

5. Not "permanently" but yeah, you will be able to get stronger.

Hi welcome to PZ.

1. I have no idea, I know you can bust down doors. I haven't done carpentry so I just don't know.

2. I think you die when you turn into a zombie. Set the options to have it not be transmitted, and you won't get it. The water/power disconnects randomly from 0-5 years, and can still shut off in three days :(.

3. Loot more places? There is a crafting nails mod in the mod section. Nails spawn on zombies as well.

4. I have no idea, sorry :P.

5. Your strength and stuff goes up the more you do stuff. If you run around a bunch you'll up the max a few items.

Sorry for not knowing stuff, I really haven't been able to actually play since 2.9.8b :( I need to take a break from mod-making.

LOL NasKo, posting at the same time as me but with a-lot more info :P.

Edit: The None transmission setting works fine. That's how I test my mods and I usually only die when getting mobbed by a horde testing something.

Sorry by permanently stronger I think you think I mean (try saying that 10x fast lol) that it lasts over each game IE I play a game last 40 days an my strength makes it to where I can hold 20 items so next time I play (new character) I get the 20 items, this is not what I meant ^.^ I mean like you gain strength and the more you survive the more you can carry until you die and lose it all ~.~

Also so you do get stronger? I haven't noticed any change in my ability to carry items, mind you my games haven't lasted very long lol.

Furthermore the everyone is infected setting should theoretically make it to where I wouldn't be infected until I died (since mortality is set to none) but instead when I get bit I get infected and die as if it where normal so idk lol

Also I have another Q, how good is split screen in this game? Idk yet but I'm going to try it soon lol

Oh! Btw thanks to both of you for replying and being super helpful, with a great game plus a great community that means this game is definitely going places :)

Btw thanks especially for the info on nails on zombies and the no infection part ^.^ I do enjoy the 1 bite/scratch and your dead though but I almost burned my computer..... Lol I'm gonna need counseling. And just a suggestion how about a option for water/electricity to be 1-2 months, 1-2 weeks, 1-2 years, and a few more lol though I guess 0-5 years keeps you on your toes lol

Sorry by permanently stronger I think you think I mean (try saying that 10x fast lol) that it lasts over each game IE I play a game last 40 days an my strength makes it to where I can hold 20 items so next time I play (new character) I get the 20 items, this is not what I meant ^.^ I mean like you gain strength and the more you survive the more you can carry until you die and lose it all ~.~

Also so you do get stronger? I haven't noticed any change in my ability to carry items, mind you my games haven't lasted very long lol.

Furthermore the everyone is infected setting should theoretically make it to where I wouldn't be infected until I died (since mortality is set to none) but instead when I get bit I get infected and die as if it where normal so idk lol

Also I have another Q, how good is split screen in this game? Idk yet but I'm going to try it soon lol

Oh! Btw thanks to both of you for replying and being super helpful, with a great game plus a great community that means this game is definitely going places :)

I understood what you mean by "permanently stronger". There is no such thing, though. Sure, if you carry a lot of shit all the time you may get stronger. When you then go and only eat chips and TV dinner while not doing much else, you will get weaker and weaker. That's what I mean when saying that there will be no permanence to how strong you are, thinking long-term.

While this may not be in the current build, it's how it will be.

Not sure where you're going with the "everyone is infected" setting. It's basically the setting in The Walking Dead. You ARE infected but that doesn't mean you turn into a zombie. In this case, infected means that everyone already is infected with the virus but is not a zombie, will turn into one when dead, though.

Mortality is meant to be in relation to the zombie bite [or scratch] (I think).

Those are settings that will get actually relevant when survivors are in, since it doesn't mean much if you (your character) are already infected or not because you simply die.

Ok well my thought was that perhaps when you get bit or scratched it wouldn't matter since your already infected it wouldn't kill you unless well it'd kill you lol, also about the strength thing perhaps the team should add some sort of overall equation? Such as like the better stuff you eat and the more you do the better you at carrying things idk how hard that be and you may have said that in there but I'm uber tired ^.^ so sorry if I'm just reiterating things you said

Archived