Dead State

NCrawler

Never had high hopes for this game, it just felt bland to me. I mean, I LOVE real-time strategies(like X-COM) but this just didn't interest me as much as others.

Just my humble opinion.

My main problem was always that turn-based sounded odd for zombies because they don't use strategy. 

Never had high hopes for this game, it just felt bland to me. I mean, I LOVE real-time strategies(like X-COM) but this just didn't interest me as much as others.

Just my humble opinion.

My main problem was always that turn-based sounded odd for zombies because they don't use strategy. 

Didn't really mind that(though, it is true that turn-based with zombies make 0 sense as they really don't have strategy). The graphics are great and all, but really felt the story was... boring.

I like turn-based strategy game like Final Fantasy series, one of those is Final Fantasy Tactics which I played for almost 20 times already and still lovin it, I reall do. But to have it in a zombie survival game is simply doesn't fit into the category. A zombie survival game should always be as realtime as possible. The graphics is pretty much good though.  :-|

• 7 months later...

This game was a total let down then I read the comments and I see. 

"I bought the game I want what I paid for." <-- Reasonable request. Then they get this reply.

"That's the sort of self-entitlement I hate." <-- What? 

He paid for it, self-entitlement would be implying he did nothing to deserve it. People... This is why I don't trust a lot of indie games. Seriously PZ is a gem in comparison to some others. Don't get me wrong, there are some just as good if not better than PZ but those games are very very very few in the indie community I think. 

Anyway, rant mode off. I just found this game disappointing. Their "demo" amounted to what you would normally get for a free demo and you don't have to pay an abundance of money to play it. Something else PZ got right. ;) I can't stress enough how much The Indie Stone did completely right, but then I look at some of these other games and I don't know, I just get slapped in the face by reality and how well The Indie Stone actually did. 

Eh, I've quite enjoyed the 15 hours I've suck into it so far.  Anything specific you've had trouble with, MrZ?

After talking to one of their devs over on the Codex, they helped me out with a few of the controls .etc that I missed early on.

They're still developing the game, as well, despite it being 1.0 (much as TIS plans to do in the near future).