Painting cars

sigxcpu

Cars have different color models and there are paint/brushes in the game already, it would make sense that you could paint a car a different color assuming you have the correct color of paint.

This would be limited to the existing colors that cars can have at the moment, but could potentially be expanded to include arbitrary colors (aka every color that a can of paint can spawn as)

Only if the paint job looks like absolute crap :P.

We tried taking parts off one car that is a X color and putting them on a car that was Y color. The X color parts were automatically changed to Y color parts. So its definitely possible that parts can change color. However, my assumption is thats not how it works. Each car has a color code and all parts on that car will have that code. The parts themselves I don't think have any color. 

But allowing us a to change a car from 0000FF to FF0000 (or whatever they use for coding color) shouldn't be too unreasonable. 

agree - there is loads of paint tins in the game. would make them much more useful. 

painting with a brush should take a long time, look bad. patchy and thin in some spots. each coat of the same color should look slightly better than the last.

could also add a spray gun to paint i the whole car evenly in one pass. 

+1

Edited by Snuggler