pz Modding hit in the right direction

ucv

Hello sorry for the intrusion just noticed a mod / bug fix in the modding section that recompiled a class file , i'm just asking is there a way to add custom mods to the java files directly and then recompiling the game ?

I'm asking because even though i kinda grasp the power of lua i'm more conferrable in java (not that i'm an expert by any means) but i really want to start modding whit java project zomboid instead of lua (personal preference)

Sorry for my English i'm a bit rusty but I am hoping that my message gets trough and thanks in advance if someone helps me out.

I didn't try to mod the java source, because basically most of the stuff I want to do is possible with lua. I don't recommend modding with java because your mod will be broken with every update. It's also so much more complicated than modding with lua. In lua you only have to write the file, place it in the game files and voila your mod works :)

Personally I didn't know anything about lua before starting to mod PZ too. All I knew was a little bit of java, but switching to lua was very easy. I know this is basically not what you were asking, but if you want to mod for PZ there is no way around lua in my opinion :)

Btw. I started writing some Modding Tutorials so maybe take a look at those :) You can even find more tutorials on pz-mods.net

EDIT: There also is a lua request thread now, where you can ask for new lua features to be added ;)

I didn't try to mod the java source, because basically most of the stuff I want to do is possible with lua. I don't recommend modding with java because your mod will be broken with every update. It's also so much more complicated than modding with lua. In lua you only have to write the file, place it in the game files and voila your mod works :)

Personally I didn't know anything about lua before starting to mod PZ too. All I knew was a little bit of java, but switching to lua was very easy. I know this is basically not what you were asking, but if you want to mod for PZ there is no way around lua in my opinion :)

Btw. I started writing some Modding Tutorials so maybe take a look at those :) You can even find more tutorials on pz-mods.net

second that :)

I have been working on mods for Minecraft in the past, and one of the things that made me stop that was that sometimes the mc version udated before the mod was done, and so making sometimes half of my work void.

with PZ however I can make a mod without being afraid that a pz update will break it

even better if PZ updates it will possibly give more features for me :)

as of your original question if it is possible, it is but you will need to decompile the whole source (or at least all the files that depend on each other and you need) then add your changes and recompile the whole lot again, then find your .class files and package those in a zip to give to others.

? what do you need in PZ that it needs java modding? can't you do it with lua or suggest that they add hooks into there code so you will be able to use those in the next update?