Game crashing before launch. Java Issue

Vikingpowerz

Question

Hey guys, recently redownloaded this game and noticed immediately that it was crashing instantly when trying to launch from steam. I tried the alternative launch option which brought up the command prompt with the following information:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid>SET _JAVA_OPTIONS=

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid>SET PZ_CLASSPATH=istack-commons-runtime.jar;jassimp.jar;javacord-2.0.17-shaded.jar;javax.activation-api.jar;jaxb-api.jar;jaxb-runtime.jar;lwjgl.jar;lwjgl-natives-windows.jar;lwjgl-glfw.jar;lwjgl-glfw-natives-windows.jar;lwjgl-jemalloc.jar;lwjgl-jemalloc-natives-windows.jar;lwjgl-opengl.jar;lwjgl-opengl-natives-windows.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlite-jdbc-3.27.2.1.jar;trove-3.0.3.jar;uncommons-maths-1.2.3.jar;./

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid>".\jre64\bin\java.exe" -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dzomboid.steam=1 -Dzomboid.znetlog=1 -XX:-CreateCoredumpOnCrash -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:+UseZGC -Xms1800m -Xmx2048m -Djava.library.path=./win64/;./ -cp istack-commons-runtime.jar;jassimp.jar;javacord-2.0.17-shaded.jar;javax.activation-api.jar;jaxb-api.jar;jaxb-runtime.jar;lwjgl.jar;lwjgl-natives-windows.jar;lwjgl-glfw.jar;lwjgl-glfw-natives-windows.jar;lwjgl-jemalloc.jar;lwjgl-jemalloc-natives-windows.jar;lwjgl-opengl.jar;lwjgl-opengl-natives-windows.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlite-jdbc-3.27.2.1.jar;trove-3.0.3.jar;uncommons-maths-1.2.3.jar;./ zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState
<JAVA_HOME>/lib/ext exists, extensions mechanism no longer supported; Use -classpath instead.
.Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Seems to be a Java Virtual Machine error. I uninstalled and reinstalled Java but nothing I did seemed to solve the issue. Other games that require Java are not having this issue. 

2 answers to this question

Archived