Game noticeably performing worse in lower resolutions compared to 4K in Fullscreen

Digitaltomato

Question

When I try to use any resolution other than 4k on my TV (So I can see the UI), the game looks very choppy and has very visible screen tearing. Even though I’m at a solid 60fps with vsync enabled, the game looks like it is running between 30-50. The game however runs fine in borderless but the UI is too small as it’s fixed to 4k.

I’ve tried verifying files, changing various windows settings such as DPI scaling, changing basically every graphics option, tried using nvidia control panel vsync etc. but nothing has worked so far.

4 answers to this question

11 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Check out the scaling options in nVidia control panel.

Generally you want the GPU to do it, not Windows, otherwise it can get rather weird fast. Be sure to pick a resolution that's half or a quarter of your current res to preserve aspect ratio. 

I already have the scaling set to GPU and I’ve tried it in basically every 16:9 resolution, it still looks the same. One thing I have noticed is that it appears the in-game vsync option does nothing for me at all, as I notice tearing regardless of whether it’s enabled on both fullscreen and borderless. However with nvcp vsync enabled there is no tearing in borderless, but it reappears again in fullscreen.

Archived